10+ Year Old Account

Looking to upgrade GPU

Hey, I own an Acer Predator G5900 and I was looking to upgrade my GPU from my ATI Radeon 5570 to an Nvidia GTX 550 or a Radeon 6770

I have an intel quad core i7 870 @ 2.93ghz CPU but I haven't been able to figure out what my motherboard is so I have 3 questions.

1. Which one of these has the best bang for my buck
    2. Which one would work better in conjunction with my CPU
    3. Anyone know what motherboard is in an Acer Predator G5900 or a way to find out? (Answered) Intel h57 express chipset
    Last edited by DismalNether; 2011-10-31 at 04:28 AM.

If your planning on also purchasing those cards on that site. I did a quick search on http://www.newegg.ca and both those cards are at least 30$ cheaper, might give you some more room to buy a better card. I just bought a bunch if computer parts, and found them to have the cheapest and awsome service.

Can't help you on which card is bettter or what your mo-bo is though, sorry.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2011-10-31 at 04:32 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm planning on buying from that company since it is a local store but thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping for thoughts

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it depends on what's more important, the map, or Characters, because the 6770 is better at Texelation and the 550 is better at Pixel calculations, so i, personally would go with the 550, but thats a personal opinion

The 6770 is better bang for your buck no question. The 550ti is a terrible value.
    Both are overpriced compared to what you could get them for though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to buy from that store then go with the 6770. It's more expensive than it should be, but that 550Ti is ridiculously overpriced.

Not sure where you're from, but there's bound to be an online store selling them for cheaper.

What's your budget? You can almost certainly do better than either of those GPUs. If that's all you can fit in your budget, I'd recommend saving a bit more.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    I recently bought my 2nd club3d HD 6850 1gb for €125,00. Its also not the best card but fairly good price/performance.
    Better save some money and buy a much better card, compared to the 2 cards you mentioned.
    Last edited by mmoc34487f62d8; 2011-11-01 at 07:52 AM.