Shadow priest life grip

I noticed the new shadow glyph posted on the front page and started thinking about a leap of faith glyph. Does anybody know if blizz was considering making shadow priests able to stay in shadow form and use this awesome ability? As it stands it seems like it would be a convenient fix. ^_^
    Last edited by Djheffer; 2011-10-31 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Leap of faith*

It's really not so bad. I am an Spriest and the few time's I've had to use it for real (I grip everyone all the time when it isn't required ) I just use it and hit Shadowform again. With a 1.5 minute CD, it's not a big deal.

I doubt they will. It's not a huge deal to hit LG in Shadowform. It automatically drops you from SF, and it's not a lot of mana to go back into it. Just make sure you remember to do it before you cast any other spells. It's definitely worth the 2 GCDs it takes to use it as a Spriest if it saves someone from death.

Sorry, but this bugs me... the ability is called Leap of Faith.

I agree it can be usefull and worth the two gcd, but it seems lame gettn knocked out of form. Would it be difficult for blizz to change, or does it have this property for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Sorry, but this bugs me... the ability is called Leap of Faith.
    But no one cares because Life Grip is a better name, as it was obviously just a copy of Death Grip.

But yeah idk why they didn't just make it a Disc tree spell so we could cast it in shadow form, but then again 1 extra GCD isn't a big deal for when it is really needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djheffer View Post
    I agree it can be usefull and worth the two gcd, but it seems lame gettn knocked out of form. Would it be difficult for blizz to change, or does it have this property for a reason?
    Well, it's a holy spell, and as you know, you can only use shadow/discipline spells while in shadowform, so that would either require them to move the spell to Disc tree or make it an exception so that it doesn't drop shadowform and frankly, I don't think it's high on the priority list of things to do.

Your personal dps loss using 1 extra GCD isn't going to cover the dps heals or tank that you save. Obviously you're willing to use it you just don't want to use that 1 gcd to switch back to shadow form?

As an answer to your question, it's very doubtful.

I guess I'm just kinda down cause they make a glyph to make us look cooler before improving this awesome spell for less dps loss when your saving a buddy... or killing a buddy mwahaha

They put it into the Holy tree fro a reason. The spells we're allowed to use in Shadow Form are very specific, for balance reasons. While it MIGHT be possible that they'll introduce this functionality through a glyph, I doubt it. And if they did, I wouldn't use it unless there was nothing better to use.