Gift of the Naruu as a priest?

Would it be gamebreaking in shadowform?
    Just asking, is it a really good heal, or is like this because It would not fit lore?

Currently, Gift of the Nauru works like a holy spell, since it breaks shadowform.
    Does it benefit from any holy/disco talents?

Is it worth it to have a no mana spell? If so, by how much?

As a disc priest I think its a decent heal, not game breaking but since it has the same cooldown as pain suppression I have them macroed together. Given the fact that GotN doesnt trigger the global cooldown and I have to use a gcd to cast PS why not get a nice hot out of it as well. I dont think its effected by grace or anything though, maybe the baleroc healing stacks but I'm not positive. I find it useful but I doubt a shadow priest would use it much.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Would it be gamebreaking in shadowform?
    Just asking, is it a really good heal, or is like this because It would not fit lore?

Currently, Gift of the Nauru works like a holy spell, since it breaks shadowform.
    Does it benefit from any holy/disco talents?

Is it worth it to have a no mana spell? If so, by how much?
    Gift of the Naaru is classed as a Holy spell, and through that it gains the +heal of Spiritual Guidance and Test of Faith (if applicable). So yes, it does scale with relevant talents. Is it worth it? Definitely not all that awesome. For mana savings, you're actually better off with Gnome, and each spec has their own tools for individual or group survival that far outweigh it.

And that's as a healing Priest, let alone Shadow.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Gift of the Naru scales with the targets max Hp nothing else as far as i know .

As stated it does scale with the targets HP. But it does break Shadowform when cast since it is a holy spell.

From a Healing PVE standpoint going Gnome or Human is far better from a racial standpoint. That being said, I am a draenei priest in a PVE healing role. I just do it for the casting animation. ;-p

It was good for Calen on Sinestra, but beside that... It's kinda meh. Slightly stronger Renew on long cooldown, nothing to be excited about.

It's not a very good heal and it takes you out of shadowform... so honestly I can't remember the last time I used it. in fact I think I have use Divine Hymn more this expansions than Gift of the Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
    Gift of the Naru scales with the targets max Hp nothing else as far as i know .
    I'm pretty sure that was changed quite a while ago. Mionelol used it to solo Valithria Dreamwalker if I remember, because Gift of the Na'aru healed her for a % of Health, ie, a huge amount.

I think Gift of the Na'aru only worked off of the targets max health percentage on the day that 4.0.6 was released, and was hotfixed the day afterwards.
    Last edited by Erto; 2011-11-01 at 10:27 AM.

I havent been a draenei since cata, but does this % works on the Baleroc Tank's HP with that buff he gets ?
    I never thought about that but than again its of no real use for me to know seeing we dont have any draenei in the raid since our resto shammy went inactive.

Might be nice to know for others.

Sig made by Resentful