So here's my set up atm

CPU: AMD Phenom II
    mobo: Asus M5A99X-Evo
    graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1024mb
    ram: 4g kingston DDR3
    HD: 1TB samsung spinpoint SATA
    PSU: CM extreme power plus 650w
    Case: CM storm Scout

I was looking for a graphics card upgrade because BF3 requires at least 1.5gig from the graphics card to run on full

Budget?

570 or 580 would be a good upgrade.

a couple of hundred for my Budget. The one thing i want to make sure is that it is compatible with my mobo

Deleted
    Why don't you buy another 460 and SLI ? it's a good choice. ( If you find it cheap )

and 2 460 should be side to side with the 580 , at least beating the 560 ti and 570, for much much less.

So you can spend less and wait a little for the next buy.

I'm gona leave some benches for you to see :

2x nvidia GTX 460
    1x nvidia 560 Ti
    nvidia GTX 580

Edit : It seems when I wake up my reading skills are severely affected , just noticed you want the 1.5Gb .

it seems there are a lot of ppl showing off 460 SLI running @Ultra. Tomorrow I'll start cleaning an i5 750 that has 2 460 1Gb SLI, I will install bf3 and make some test of my own.
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-10-31 at 09:26 AM.

awesome thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Just know that in an SLI setup, VRAM is mirrored, not doubled, tripled, etc...

Two 1GB 460's still give only 1GB of VRAM.

Even with just 1GB of VRAM, you can come very close to maxing it out. I play BF3 with my 6870 on Ultra setting, minus AA, and hit ~40-45FPS.

But if you're looking, you can even pick up a 6870 with 2GB of VRAM, or even better, a 6950 with 2GB of VRAM... if you have nothing against batting for the Red team.

Deleted
    Yes I do know that , but I do know that you can exceed the Vram usage without major fps breaks.

And plenty of users with 460 Sli are saying they can run it @ ultra. Just look @ the youtube videos on it.

But I also know many users lie about their actual specs , so if anyone here has a 460 Sli and BF3 it would be great :P
    There are some test arround like this : http://pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards...nd-SLI-Scaling
    That show that the 460 SLI setup can run it on ultra , usually when the vram usage is over the vram available microstuters apear.

I woudn't be surprised if it was actually playable.
    Some info from this guys post : http://www.overclock.net/graphics-ca...l#post15184900

It was nice if we could get any SLI 460 user to give theyr input, atleast before I test it on the SLI setup on the store tomorrow
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-10-31 at 03:42 PM.

I have 2 460's hanging around here but i dont have BF3 on PC. None of my friends picked it up so i opted out. I have been playing it at my cousins house a bit but his specs are dual 6870's 1gb runs quite fine. I doubt 460's would be the best ever but im fairly certain youd get some nice frames at a quite high setting.