Deleted

Mushroom mouseover macro?

Hi there.

I've tried googling it with no success.

Is there a way to make a "mouseover" macro for my mushrooms? I want to bypass the confirmation via the reticle, and have my druid cast the mushroom where my mouse is by only pressing the bind.

Even if using !shrooms in a macro it still feels really wierd and laggy/..unsmooth(?) to spam them.

I can't find the right word to describe it but you get the point

Is there a solution? (no, it's not a connection issue)

no.
    impossible.... sort of.

if you have a mouse/keyboard with macro capability, you can make it bind and click the mouse, which will achieve what you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    no.
    impossible.... sort of.

if you have a mouse/keyboard with macro capability, you can make it bind and click the mouse, which will achieve what you want
    Aww.. I hope you are wrong

When I click to place them, sometimes the reticle is there and I click but no mushroom shows. I've detonated 2 mushrooms, believing it to be 3 soo many times. Can't really see the mushrooms under the massive group of adds. I can always plant another mushroom just to be safe, but that's potentially a wasted GCD.
    Last edited by mmoc392e102c89; 2011-10-31 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typo

you can use power auras to track mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by DETONATE
    Version:4.21; icon:druid_ability_wildmushroom_b; buffname:Wild Mushroom: Detonate; x:272; bufftype:15; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; size:0.17; y:-133; ismounted:0; timer.h:1.16; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-133; timer.x:263
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSHROOM 1
    Version:4.21; icon:druid_ability_wildmushroom_a; buffname:1; x:317; bufftype:19; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; size:0.17; y:-133; ismounted:0; customsound:c
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSHROOM 2
    Version:4.21; icon:druid_ability_wildmushroom_a; buffname:2; x:362; bufftype:19; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; size:0.17; y:-133; ismounted:0
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSHROOM 3
    Version:4.21; icon:druid_ability_wildmushroom_a; buffname:3; x:407; bufftype:19; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; size:0.17; y:-133; ismounted:0

I have the same issues, the mushrooms aren't as smooth as we need, but, is what we have, love them as they are (Cause we need them ).

Az!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    He isn't wrong, he is right

Deleted
    you can't do it

but you can have a macro that's /cast !wild mushroom - which means you can spam the key without worrying about "uncasting" the targeting reticle. And like mentioned above, using it with power-auras is probably a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post

When I click to place them, sometimes the reticle is there and I click but no mushroom shows. I've detonated 2 mushrooms, believing it to be 3 soo many times. Can't really see the mushrooms under the massive group of adds. I can always plant another mushroom just to be safe, but that's potentially a wasted GCD.
    I set up a macro on my G15 to accomplish exactly this. I mouse over the spot where I want the shroom, hit my macro which executes my place mushroom spell, inserts a short delay (0.1s iirc), then simulates a click to place it. Works wonders for moving/casting shrooms! It's probably against the TOS but whatever... Getting banned would be a good excuse to quit!

I think that he needs some way that dont implies get banned in a short/long time.

Az!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've seen quite a few boomkins use this addon:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gcd

so you dont have to stare at quartz to time that next click on the gcd.

Might try it out tonight myself.

edit: didn't really clarify. It places a gcd counter with latency makeup as your cursor while your gcd is going off.

Not sure if you can set it for specific spells only like mushrooms or not, but if you can that would be neat!

Quote Originally Posted by pacapaca View Post
    I set up a macro on my G15 to accomplish exactly this. I mouse over the spot where I want the shroom, hit my macro which executes my place mushroom spell, inserts a short delay (0.1s iirc), then simulates a click to place it. Works wonders for moving/casting shrooms! It's probably against the TOS but whatever... Getting banned would be a good excuse to quit!
    you cant get banned by doing that =]

part of the problem is if you select mushrooms and click a mob, it just selects the mob instead of planting the shrooms. Sounds easy to work around but like you said when you have a pile of mobs running around it can be hard to get the placement under their feet without clicking them instead.

I have mushrooms bound to a mouse key so I can quickly hit mushroom and plant them without having to move my mouse from the plant location. I can see under my toon when I have 3 of them down and if I misclick it costs me just 2 mouse clicks but it isn't as big of a deal because I don't have to go back to the spell bar to select them again.

The mouse back/forward buttons on my moonkin are auto run, and mushroom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by milliamp View Post
    part of the problem is if you select mushrooms and click a mob, it just selects the mob instead of planting the shrooms.
    Maybe if you click the nameplate, not if you click the mob. At least not for me.

Deleted
    Something which can help is to use a simple macro:

/cast !wild mushroom

All this does is place a shroom like normal, but due to the ! directive it leaves the reticule in place so if you bind a key to this then i find it makes dropping three quickly smoother.