BF3, maybe graphic issue

Hey guys

So for the last couple of days I have been playing BF3.

My spec is:
    Intel 2600K (4,7 Ghz)
    8 GB RAM
    Sapphire HD 6870

Sometimes when im playing I get some green flashes of the screen. Could this be artifacts? The graphic card is overclocked from 900/1050 to 910/1075.

On a site note, I've been thinking of getting a GTX 580 here before christmas, or should i wait for the new 600 series?

Hey Twiistz,

I also have the same problem as you (also have a 6870),
    So its certainly not only you that is having the problem.
    Gladly enough it doesn't happen frequently.

About buying another gfx card, I'd wait for the new card series that will come out soon.
    The new build in chips in the Ivy Bridge from Intel might even be on-par with the 580

[edit]
    Here's a link to the OC forums about the green flickering.
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?p=20424750
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2011-10-31 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    My friend is getting the same with with I5 2500k (4.5ghz), 4GB RAM, and a HD 6970 oc'd from 890/1375 to 920/1440

edit: btw i also have a 6870 and i dont get this.

Deleted
    Never seen those green flickers , but I dont use the 6870 in a normal basis so :/
    in that video and in the thread seems nvidia ppl are getting it too, and even Xbox users have reported it .

you can try to change drivers , but it looks like it's a game issue.

But if you can crossfire , and you really want to upgrade the gpu , just buy another 6870 and go CF .

2x6870 should be better than 1x580 . and since you allready have 1 , it would be cheaper to upgrade.
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-10-31 at 11:52 AM.

What drivers are you using? I have a 6870 and am using the Catalyst 11.9 drivers and all is fine. Specs are in my sig.

Got the same problem on my GeForce 460 GT, they were white flashes on the beta, but have turned green in the final release.

Can only guess its something within the game engine itself.

I've seen the same thing, but rarely and when it does happen it's only once or twice in a single game. I've got a xfx 6850. My brother runs a much older computer but recently upgraded to a gtx 550 ti and he's been seeing some really insane stuff. It's hard to describe, basically what we're all seeing but at a much larger and frequent scale. I think his problem is personal though where as ours might be a bit more wide spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Hey Twiistz,

About buying another gfx card, I'd wait for the new card series that will come out soon.
    The new build in chips in the Ivy Bridge from Intel might even be on-par with the 580

[edit]
    Yeh its something like that im experiencing too. But its a relief that im not the only one.

And thanks for the many replies.

About the upgrading with another 6870. I want my next gfx card to be something that i know be good in the future, and longer down the road get another. But if I get another 6870 I feel im already behind. If you catch my drift (:

EDIT: about the driver, im at school now, but will check when I get back home.

I also had green flashes but it happened only frequent one game and after a reboot it was gone.

nvidia 470.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiistz View Post
    About the upgrading with another 6870. I want my next gfx card to be something that i know be good in the future, and longer down the road get another. But if I get another 6870 I feel im already behind. If you catch my drift (:
    Crossfiring 6870's put out some massive power tho, and you can buy one for like what, 150 euro's nowadays?
    Would beat any single card anyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Twiistz,

[edit]
    Are you saying that Ivy Bridge's integrated graphics might be on par with a 580?!

Just, no. Never.

Crossfiring 6870's put out some massive power tho, and you can buy one for like what, 150 euro's nowadays?
    Would beat any single card anyday.
    But i rather want to buy e.g. a gtx 580 now and then when I need more power get another. The money is not a problem, it is more a question if 7000series or 600 series will be so much better that it would be best to wait. If not i would properly buy a 580

10+ Year Old Account
    I applaud your optimism, but no. They simply won't have the die space and probably not the complete know-how to make anything powerful. To add to it they don't pair it with fast memory but instead just continues to share the system RAM.

My bet is that it'll be on par with GT 520 or the Radeon HD 6450 (not to be confused with the 5450 which is worse).

Deleted
    Just a head's up, the green flashes is not ATI or driver related, I get the same on my GTX 460, tried 3 different driver versions, fresh installs of the game and I'm still getting it. It's not a heat issue either as the temps are well below what is acceptable.

Edit - Also had the same issue in beta, however it's a LOT less frequent now which would lead me to believe it's an engine/game bug