10+ Year Old Account

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3/Xbox 360) - Is it good?

Hi, everyone;

As games in Brazil are insanely expensive, I want as much opinions as I could have before buying something. Is it as good as it seems on videos? I read that MUA2 has around 15~ hour of solo player campaing, is it right?

Eh.. what sort of game are you looking for? If you're just looking for a beat-em-up, I guess it's alright... If you're looking for a compelling story, or lots of character customization options, or a complex/unique battle system, I suggest you look elsewhere. =p

Did you play the X-Men Legends games or the first MUA? It's more of the same, pretty much... There are two branches to take in the story, so it might be worth a second playthrough, but I don't think it's anything exceptional.

Character customization is actually lower than in the X-Men Legends games. Equipment is gone; you can equip a few medals that give slight bonuses to the entire party, and that's about it really... While you can choose what skills and so you get as you level up, towards the end of the game, you have enough skill points and so to pick up absolutely everything...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a multiplayer beat'em up, I played the first MUA and I liked it. I really don't care about the lore, I want a cool gameplay, I have the impression that you can combine skills from 2 different players in MUA2, which sounds a really fun!

Do you have any suggestion of this kind of game? (4 people beating people's ass )

I recommend it if you want to do co-op. I don't think I've ever played that game when I wasn't with my brother. We had quite a good time with it, but like Shaiandra said the story is pretty lacking. Overall like I said, for co op it was really fun for me. Can't speak about single player.
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!

Never played this game! One of the few games I play for the xbox360/ps3 is marvel v capcom fate of two worlds. It's simply amazing. I dont even like many fighting games, but this one is just that good. I cant wait for the new one to come out...i personally like this game over the new mortal kombat game that had come out a few months ago.

edit: im guessing the one you are inquiring about isnt a fighting game?

I actually haven't played MUA1 much.. but if you liked it, you probably know what to expect from MUA2.

There are some sorts of combination attacks, which are kinda neat at first, but they're supers that you can only use every so often, and quite a few are repeats in terms of effects... There are a few different types of combination attacks, so they're not all identical, but still, there's a fairly limited variety.