Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    sorry, im gay but for some reason that pic makes me abit bicurious
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That's assuming that technology and knowledge can only improve over time. Look at Europe (specifically the mediterranean) during the Classical Era (Greek and Romans) and then look at the Dark Ages for example.
    That's a bit hard to communicate in a fictional universe. But You could add a super rare element that is only found on one new planet or moon and that is needed for new "superweapons" and this ressource is so limited that after 3000 years it's completely gone and nobody could create something like that again. So I agree, that Bioware could create some major new stuff if they find a plausible exit to make clear why all that stuff is not found or mentioned 3000 years later.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    for some reason that pic makes me abit bicurious
    She was always my favorite Captain.

Though Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine was another good addition to Voyager, not gonna lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That's a bit hard to communicate in a fictional universe. But You could add a super rare element that is only found on one new planet or moon and that is needed for new "superweapons" and this ressource is so limited that after 3000 years it's completely gone and nobody could create something like that again. So I agree, that Bioware could create some major new stuff if they find a plausible exit to make clear why all that stuff is not found or mentioned 3000 years later.
    The destruction of the Star Forge helped...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    posters....are generally complete morons
    This is the absolute truth, no matter where you go on the internet.

Deleted
    The only problem is, that you can't invent much new weapons because that would screw with the later movie lore. If you would have super lightsabers with extra effects it would not make sense to have primitive ones 3000 years later. That's the only thing that gets problematic once SW:TOR runs for a few years and people want more exciting gear and weapons.
    3000 years, 3000 years, just because you make the weapon 3000 years ago doesn't have to mean they will remember how to produce them, be capable to produce them later or even know they ever existed. In the movies their time the Jedi order is reigning supreme till Palpatine messes it up. The Jedi order could have banned the weapons and went back to traditional lightsabers instead (and perhaps destroying the super duper blasters because they were better than the traditional lightsabers), making sure all production facilities of said weapon are destroyed, making it as if those weapons never existed, or that the weapons production wasn't feasable comparing cost with what the weapon could do.

I first was like: WTF, it took them more than 3000 years to go from a spaceship with a single giant laser (Voidstar) to a giant spacestation that just has alot more of those lasers and bunches them up, then I realised that knowledge tends to get lost overtime, either forced or by accident.

This could work too
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-11-02 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    seems pretty loose enough. as long as

or something doesnt pop up its safe?
    Not starfleet no but don't be suprised to see <Borg> guilds showing up ;')
    Ran around in beta with a seven of nine look a like cy'borg' ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That's assuming that technology and knowledge can only improve over time. Look at Europe (specifically the mediterranean) during the Classical Era (Greek and Romans) and then look at the Dark Ages for example.
    Exhibit A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel

Very interesting Stuff.

Deleted
    If the smuggler class doesn't shoot first in conversations with Rodian bounty hunters, I ain't playin'.

K getting a bad vibe on the official forums. There seems to be some huge rule that if X wasnt in the movies its off the table. Isnt there loads of lore (extended universe) that isnt in the movies and will still be included in the game? Sticking to movie lore alone seems like it could be harmful to the game to be honest.

My latest annoyance is with this thread "There werent any dancers in SW so they should all go"

ps. Im so getting this poster
    Yes, there are factors from the EU that are included within the game, just like factors that are included from the Movies. So, "sticking to movie lore alone seems like it could be harmful to the game to be honest" is not true, because they do not stick to movie lore alone. Actually, most of the "lore" from this game is from the EU, and not the movies.

For instance: Korriban isn't anywhere in the movies, nor mentioned what so ever.

Your problem is that you visited the official forums. I don't advise that. Ever.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

K getting a bad vibe on the official forums. There seems to be some huge rule that if X wasnt in the movies its off the table. Isnt there loads of lore (extended universe) that isnt in the movies and will still be included in the game? Sticking to movie lore alone seems like it could be harmful to the game to be honest.

My latest annoyance is with this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=577432 "There werent any dancers in SW so they should all go"

ps. Im so getting this poster http://sweet.pp.fi/empireneedsu.jpg
    There are a lot of differences between a few thousand years ago compared to now, so whoever is comparing ToR to the movies deserves the title "the Derp"

10+ Year Old Account
    The sheer amount of crap that people will argue about on the official forums is astounding. I (like many others here) stopped going to the official forums a LONG time ago. That being said, sticking to the movies would be incredibly dull and predictable. 3000 years before TBOE? Perfect, almost complete freedom to tell NEW STORIES!!!! HOLY CRAP, SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

K getting a bad vibe on the official forums.
    This can be said about any and all official forums. I don't read or visit official forum of any game.

This is actually funny, because 90% of SWTOR wasn't "in the movies".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    This is actually funny, because 90% of all Star Wars lore wasn't "in the movies".
    Fixed that for you. :P

Sorry couldn't help myself with that one. If you ask me most of the best stories in the Star Wars universe have come from outside of the movies. The Thrawn trilogy, the Yuuzhan Vong in the New Jedi Order series, the Darth Bane trilogy, hell even Legacy of the Force along with Fate of the Jedi (the two newest series) are also very good. Anyone limiting anything about SWTOR (or even Star Wars itself) to just the movies is ignoring so much good story opportunities.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Exhibit A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel

Very interesting Stuff.
    ''Although modern steel outperforms these swords, the microscopic chemical reactions may have made the blades extraordinary for their time.''

Old tech can be lost but there's always a superior modern version if the tech was useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    ''Although modern steel outperforms these swords, the microscopic chemical reactions may have made the blades extraordinary for their time.''

Old tech can be lost but there's always a superior modern version if the tech was useful.
    The intrigue about it though is that they don't know how its made.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post

The question, though, is not "can we do better now?" It is, instead, "had we not lost this, where would we be now?"

For instance, lead acid batteries were discovered in the ancient ruins of Baghdad that would have to have been over two thousand years old. Lead acid batteries weren't rediscovered until the late 1700's. If they hadn't been lost in the first place, what strides might we have made in that 1800+ years?