who should get deluge?

Our raid comp isnt the most optimal, but heres what we're using.

Protection pally
    Feral tank. (hybrid spec)
    Frost dk
    Enh shaman
    Lock
    Boomkin
    Hunter
    Holy pally
    Disc priest
    Resto druid

I think the lock should be able to hard cast, and have the boomkin using instants with deluge, but could the warlock pull more dps ass affliction with corruption, UA, BoD, and their fel flame to keep UA refreshed?

How good are hunters with mobile DPS?

Any suggestions? (please, no comments about 3 healing it.)

Hunter since you don't have a rogue, or a mage, or a warrior.

Hunter, disengage + posthaste with passive speed from one of his aspects is the best choice.

Deleted
    Wouldn't a hunter in Aspect of the Fox be fast enough while keeping up acceptable DPS (20K+ for sure)? I reckon an arcane mage or rogue just have to completely stop.

You actually do almost no DPS while taking care of dreadflames, regardless of class (yes, even hunters).

Mages are easily the strongest at doing it, because of blink + talent. Feral druids and Rogues are also rather good because of their low cooldown sprint and high base movement speed (ferals are better).

I believe an imp ghost wolf shaman would also be an acceptable choice, about on par with hunters. Hunters tend to fall flat on their face because they're usually selected due to being able to damage while moving, when the job is really focused on not worrying about damage at all. Posthaste Disengage + AotC is good, but also ensures hunter mobile damage is terrible.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    You actually do almost no DPS while taking care of dreadflames, regardless of class (yes, even hunters).

Mages are easily the strongest at doing it, because of blink + talent. Feral druids and Rogues are also rather good because of their low cooldown sprint and high base movement speed (ferals are better).

I believe an imp ghost wolf shaman would also be an acceptable choice, about on par with hunters. Hunters tend to fall flat on their face because they're usually selected due to being able to damage while moving, when the job is really focused on not worrying about damage at all. Posthaste Disengage + AotC is good, but also ensures hunter mobile damage is terrible.
    Not true. AotC is by no means required, AotF is viable and gives you another 20k dps.

I'd get your hunter to do it, ours is doing 20k+ dps in p4 while clearing the dreadflame.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should never count on your dreadflame person to be able to dps and certainly not pick the class to do it based on their mobile dps. If there is good RNG to the first couple of spawns you can have time to dps in between, but with bad luck or further into the fight they will be busy doing everything they can to slow the progress of the dreadflame over the platform.

Out of the comp listed the hunter is probably your best.

Have your Boomkin do it. Have him put two points into Feral Swiftness and glyph Dash and he'll be as good as a Feral Druid.

Would definitely go with your Hunter. He will be specced into 2/2 [Post Haste], so every time he disengages, he'll get a big speed boost. Have your hunter get glyphed Disengage, reducing the CD by 5 seconds. A hunter on my server uses 2/2 Pathfinding from the Beast Mastery tree, giving you more speed in AoTC. His pet will still be doing DPS, as well as doing some Steady Shots / Arcanes every now and then, so it will be the smallest hit on your DPS, with the best amount of movement TBH.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

I'm going to hijack this thread and ask the same question about our group.

Ele Shammie
    Enh Shammie
    Demo Lock
    MM Hunter
    Shadow Priest (legendary)
    Arcane Mage (me)

I'm usually the one doing various stuff because my guild trusts in my ability. However, I usually coordinate various stuff and I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep an eye on everything while on the dreadflame job.
    On the other hand, our 2 lowest DPS are both shammies. Ele shammie is a girl (healer's offspec), I'm 99% certain that she's not fit for this job, simply too much pressure and responsibility.

So I can't decide between enh shammie and myself, arcane mage (usually pulling top dps on any fight except aoe-fest rhyo and multidotting shannox). I believe I'll stick to this job initially, and if it comes to us not being able to kill him before I start failing on dreadflame, we'll think of using other dps for the job... Your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Hunters are really great. I mean, 38% passive extra speed and then disengage (ours got rocket jump too) is pretty pro. And they can still do some DPS with their pet and instants, so I prefer them over moonkins and especially rogues/ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    -snip-
    Mages are best for 10 man because burt speed is best. P4 DPS is really not a factor if your deluge soaker is good. The amount of time you get before dreadflame overwhelms you will increase more with a better soaker as opposed to more dps. IDK if i'm saying that right lol.

I've got your point, thanks. That's basically what I was thinking - if I know that I'm more reliable than other candidates, that my class is able to do it better than them, I'm pretty sure that raid-dps loss will be covered by the prolonged dreadflame soft-enrage. Guess we'll stick with that plan then.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.