10+ Year Old Account

My Response to Fake Diablo 3 Beta Invites

I recently registered for the facebook Diablo 3 Beta thingy and not long after that I received the fake email that everybody is getting asking for my login info. Since they actually asked for my login info it was a dead giveaway that it was fake so I decided to be a bit creative in my response. Tell me what you guys think!

Since you're 'Blizzard' you already have my name, account name, password, and email. If you are Blizzard feel free to send me a legitimate Diablo 3 Beta invite and I will gladly apply it to my battle.net account. However since you are actually asking for my login information and password I seriously doubt that you are from Blizzard because Blizzard has explicitly stated that they will never ask for my information. Mostly because they already have it. So based on this you can take this email, shove it up your a** and then go die in a fire.

There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it.
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol... how about just dont respond to them... since its obliviously a generic mail? i doubt someone will end-up reading it :S
    saying blizz do this and that, you give them the tool to make their future mail more credible :x

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    i doubt someone will end-up reading it :S
    I ended up reading it, probably others too in hope its actually something clever and not as generic as the orignal phishing mail. So the OP pretty much won this game.

I would have just gone with the insulting stuff, and NOT instructed them on what was wrong with their phishing attempt. Even though hackers kind of need your log-in information in order to hack your account (so I doubt they'll ever be able to ever use your constructive criticism), I still wouldn't have given them any advice on how to improve their scam, and instead would have lengthened the verbal abuse. But yeah, otherwise, good for you, and may every WoW hacker slowly burn in a chemical fire as centipedes slowly eat their children in front of them while they watch helplessly, as Chris Metzen urinates on their chemical burns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those sort of emails go straight into my auto-junk folder anyway, but for that first second im like "OH YAY A BETA INV...oh".

I help these people with their spelling/grammar.
    Beta Club

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up reading it, probably others too in hope its actually something clever and not as generic as the orignal phishing mail. So the OP pretty much won this game.
    Reading comprehension. He was talking about the chinese guys who sent the email, who would get his reply.
    And he is right, how many people you think that reply to those emails with all sort of rants or funny remarks (i know i do, to ingame gold spammers), its a bot sending those emails, not an actual person.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    lol... how about just dont respond to them... since its obliviously a generic mail? i doubt someone will end-up reading it :S
    saying blizz do this and that, you give them the tool to make their future mail more credible :x
    I know that nobody is going to read it and even if they do they probably won't understand but it does make me feel better

There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it.
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!

Deleted
    You just told the sender that your email is active. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Reading comprehension. He was talking about the chinese guys who sent the email, who would get his reply.
    And he is right, how many people you think that reply to those emails with all sort of rants or funny remarks (i know i do, to ingame gold spammers), its a bot sending those emails, not an actual person.
    ^^^^^^ this (and he is more.. she :P )

and if it you make feel better, go ahead, but, as for me, I wont write: blizzard doest that when they send me a mail, just because if someone read it, he might take it as a advice, and like I said, use it again new victim, more subtil mail, cuz, you'know, not everybody is aware of those kind of mail (sadly)
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2011-11-01 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    the point of this thread?

Deleted
    Because they do not read only the first 3 word, then delete the mail. You really got them this time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    the point of this thread?
    the point of your reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindrin View Post
    I recently registered for the facebook Diablo 3 Beta thingy and not long after that I received the fake email that everybody is getting asking for my login info. Since they actually asked for my login info it was a dead giveaway that it was fake so I decided to be a bit creative in my response. Tell me what you guys think!
    You linking your facebook to d3 is unlikely to be why you got a fake email but moving on...

No-one will read your reply it's just a generic email address created to mass send emails out, not a personal address for some dude hand-typing them, so doubtful anyone will check and read any inbox stuff... you probably totally wasted 2 mins of your life.