Thread: BF3 bug/issue

10+ Year Old Account

BF3 bug/issue

It just stops working after some time and crashes into desktop, with no apparent reason, so I have yet to finish the stupid campaign. I can't provide any crash logs because I can't find any. :\
    My specs can run it with everything max with no problems, so don't think hardware is an issue.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2011-10-31 at 06:34 PM. Reason: have not hate..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Hey Moshic. I did some checking for you on recent posts about the topic. It appears to be a very common topic with no direct relation between specs. None has supplied any real 'fix' and EA seems to not acknowladge the existance of the issue on their forums. My best advice, is try to turn down the settings a two steps on most settings, it worked for A FEW around the net.

Apart from that, wait for EA to recognize the issue and see what they say.

Edit: It was apparently also an issue in the BETA but was, obviously, never fixed despite being reported multiple times and promises to 'look into it' was made. Try supplying EA with information about your crashing. If enough people just keep poking them about it, they'll probably end up doing -something- atleast.

Edit2: Gumption on Tomshardware.co.uk supplied the idea to try to update your drivers. His post:

Okay - before you try to play the beta - you should download the latest drivers. That goes for Nvidia, AMD and ATI. When you goto run the beta it will give a message which drivers you need to download should it detect that they are not upto-date. If you do not update you won't get full compatability, so it goes without saying that problems will occur.

All these drivers are located at the manufacturers websites so all you need to do is download then install (making sure you've selected the one the BF3 beta asked you to get.)

Then play. I will say that I was in a rush to play last night and managed to get it to full screen without the latest drivers. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway - for anyone that's interested - on the rig I played on below - I achieved High Settings 1920x1080 and average frame rate of 33, going down to the lowest of 24.

It apparently worked for some of the members on the website during the BETA, albeit not all of them. It could be worth a try atleast?
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2011-10-31 at 07:22 PM.

Please keep questions and discussion to the primary Battlefield 3 thread, this way the forums stay somewhat easy to read.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Battlefield-3