Deleted

Guide to Ulduar Achievements (not for glory)

As you all know Ulduar is way overfilled with weird achievements - that means an easy hunt for usachievementhunters.
    I guess most people have done or seen people doing the "Glory of the Ulduar raider" ahievements but there is 38 more achievements in both 10m and 25m to get, not including the ones like The Siege of Ulduar that only require you to down the bosses. Therefore I've put together this guide to get them all in as few runs as possible and how to do them. This guide is made for lvl 85 and it does NOT cover the achievements needed for the proto-drakes. The tacts are written for 10m, but can most likely be used for 25m aswell. Excuse my English, hope you can read it!

List of all the Achievements in order:
    Dwarfaggedon
    Three Car Garage
    Take out those Turrets
    Unbroken
    Shattered
    Hot Pocket
    Nerf Engineering
    Nerf Scrapbots
    Nerf Gravity-Bombs
    Must Deconstruct Faster
    I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim
    I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir
    But I’m On Your Side
    Can’t Do That While Stunned
    With Open Arms
    If Looks Could Kill
    Rubble and Roll
    Nine Lives
    Cheese the Freeze
    Getting Cold in Here
    Staying Buffed all Winter
    I Have the Coolest Friends
    Don’t Stand in the Lightning
    Who Needs Bloodlust?
    I’ll Take You All On
    Lumberjacked
    Con-speed-atory
    Deforestation
    Getting Back to Nature
    Set Up Us the Bomb
    Not-So-Friendly Fire
    Shadowdodger
    Kiss and Make Up
    Alone in the Darkness
    He’s Not Ggetting Any Older
    They’re Coming Out of the Walls
    In His House He Waits Dreaming
    Drive Me Crazy
    Supermassive

Flame Leviathan
    Dwarfaggedon
    < Destroy 100 Steelforged Defenders in 10 seconds on the Ulduar gauntlet in 10-player mode.>
    This one could be soloed before, and I guess it’s still possible to solo it. However an easy way to do this is if 1 or 2 guys grab a bike and drives around the area with the dwarfs, there will spawn a lot of dwarfs from the small towers. The rest of the group should get in vehicles as well and stay in the ramp, ones the bikes have grouped up 100 or more dwarfs they run back to the ramp and there everyone just smash them down.
    Three Car Garage
    < Defeat Flame Leviathan while in each of the following vehicles in 10-player mode.>
    The only way to get this achievement is to defeat Flame Leviathan 3 times, all in different vehicles.
    If you die during the encounter you will not get credit for this achievement.
    Take out those Turrets
    <Destroy a Flame Leviathan Defense Turret in 10-player mode.>
    This is another easy achievement, but it require some time as only 2 guys in the raid can get it each attempt on Flame Leviathan. So that if all 10 in the raid want the achievement you’ll have to wipe 4 times. To get the achievement you have to ride as a passenger in a Demolisher and use the ability Load Into Catapult, and then the driver must stand still and channel Launch Passenger. This will throw you at the top of Flame Leviathan. Once there you’ll find 2 turrets, one in meleerange and one 10 yards away, so throw atleast one ranged person each time. Kill a turret and get achievement, you need to get the killing blow!
    Unbroken
    < Defeat Flame Leviathan on the first try without anyone repairing their vehicle in 10-player mode.>
    Well this is a no-brainer, just do not repair before engaging Flame Leviathan for the first time that reset.
    Ignis the Furnace Master
    Shattered
    < Defeat Ignis the Furnace Master after shattering 2 Iron Constructs within 5 seconds in 10-player mode.>
    This shouldn’t be any problems at all at 85, pull 2 Iron Constructs into the fire from Ignis Scorch, let them stay there until they get the buff Molten that lasts for 20 seconds. When they got this buff they need to be pulled into the water, once there they will get chilled and take a lot of damage. Just smack them with something that hits for more than 5k and they will shatter, do this with both withing 5 seconds an you win. Then defeat Ignis ofcourse.
    Hot Pocket
    <Survive being thrown into Ignis the Furnace Master's Slag Pot in 10-player mode.>
    This one can get a little frustrating if everyone in the raid needs it. It´s totally random who he’ll pick up except for the MT that he will never pick. So once your OT got it you should switch tanks so that the MT can get it as well. Other than that, be patient…
    XT-002 Deconstructor
    Nerf Engineering
    < Defeat XT-002 Deconstructor without him recovering any health from XS-013 in 10-player mode.>
    At 85 you can easy just aoe down those adds that spawn. Tank him at the stairs and aoe the adds that spawn every at 75%, 50% and 25% of his health, nothing more than that really.
    Nerf Scrapbots
    < Defeat 20 XS-013 Scrapbots within 12 seconds using XE-321 Boombots in 10-player mode.>
    This one can be a little bit tricky, first of all those adds spawn at 75%, 50% and 25% of his health. The spawning of the bots are random, you get either a small pack (5-10) of scrapbots, 1 Pummeler or Boom Bot + a few scrapbots and you will get around 3-5 of those groups together at each spawn. So to be somewhat sure to get a lot of the scrapbots you should first dps XT to 75% and nuke the heart down to 10-20% but DO NOT kill it. After the heartphase he will be down to ~30% which means you can let one or two dpsers stay on him and get him down to 25% fast and you will have 3 waves of adds spawned. The tricky part is to group them up, hopefully a lot of them spawned close and you can and should use hunter traps and piercing howl and such to slow them. On a given signal you singeltarget attack the Boom bots and they will blow up and kill enough scrapbots to give you the achievement. I would suggest to focus on this on one attempt and then wipe and do the other achievements at the same boss in another try.
    Nerf Gravity-Bombs
    <Defeat XT-002 Deconstructor without any raid member dying from a Gravity Bomb in 10-player mode.>
    XT will cast Gravity Bomb on a random player in the raid. If you get hit by this you will get a debuff and after 9 seconds you will explode and pull nearby enemies to you and dmg them. Even if you get hit by this you will not die from it at lvl 85, but the achievement got some rumors of being bugged so try to not get hit by it at all to be sure of getting the achievement. DBM is really useful for this one.
    Must Deconstruct Faster
    < Defeat XT-002 Deconstructor in 205 seconds in 10-player mode.>
    MORE DOTS OMG, or just kill… it’s hard to fail this at lvl 85.
    Assembly of Iron
    I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim
    <Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last member alive in 10-player mode.>
    Just defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last of them alive.
    I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir
    < Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last member alive in 10-player mode.>
    Description says it all again, defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last of them alive.
    But I’m On Your Side
    <Defeat the Assembly of Iron while under the effect of an Iron Boot Flask in 10-player mode.>
    This might be a problem for druids, but you can pop it when it´s 10% left on the last of them. Go to your local AH and buy yourself 10 [Relic of Ulduar], then fly to either Olut Alegut or Rock Sharpchin in Storm Peaks depending if you are Horde or Alliance. These guys will sell you an [Iron Boot Flask], which will transform you into a dwarf. Beware of the 1 hour CD though.
    Can’t Do That While Stunned
    < Defeat the Assembly of Iron without allowing Stormcaller Brundir to damage anyone with Chain Lightning or Lightning Whirl in 10-player mode.>
    Focus your dps on Stormcaller Brundir and be ready to interrupt/stun him whenever he try to cast something. This should be really easy at lvl 85 as you will probably kill him pretty fast.
    Kologarn
    With Open Arms
    <Defeat Kologarn without destroying either of his arms in 10-player mode.>
    Well, this is just a dpsrace which shouldn’t cause any problems at all at lvl 85. Just nuke the body and do not touch the arms.
    If Looks Could Kill
    < Defeat Kologarn without any raid member being hit by Focused Eyebeams in 10-player mode.>
    This is one of the harder ones, but there is some tricks that will help. First of all, everyone except 2 ranged should be staying in Kologarns meleerange where they are safe from the beam. The ones that are outside of his meleerange should preferably be mage/lock/hunter for blink/teleport/gay jump.
    Rubble and Roll
    < Defeat Kologarn after causing at least 25 Rubble creatures to spawn in 10-player mode.>
    When one of his arms dies 5 rubbles will spawn, so you need to kill 5 arms in total. They respawn after 15-30 seconds, there is no need of keeping all the adds up at once. Everytime an arm dies Kologarn will lose ~15% health, 5*15=75. Kologarn will lose 75% health only from the arms so be sure you don’t attack him until all 25 rubbles are spawned.
    Auriaya
    Nine Lives
    < Defeat the Feral Defender while defeating Auriaya in 10-player mode.>
    The Feral Defender will spawn about 1 min into the fight, he got a buff with 8 stacks that let him revive himself at the cost of 1 stack. So you have to kill the Feral Defender 9 times before he actually dies. He will revive about every 40 second or something like that. Whenever he’s up everyone focus on killing him fast. And go easy on Auriaya until you killed the Feral Defender 9 times, the lvl 85 dps is somewhat an overkill for ulduar…
    Hodir
    Cheese the Freeze
    < Defeat Hodir without any raid member being hit by Flash Freeze in 10-player mode.>
    Hodir will cast an ability called Flash Freeze a few times during the encounter. This achievement is mostly a retardcheck, snow will fall from the roof… put your graphics on high for this. You will see a big icy circle on the ground, wait until a pile of snow have felt on it and created a snowdrift then move onto it. Once on it do a jump to avoid a bug that make the game think you are “inside” the drift rather than upon it. If you fail doing this you will get frozen in an iceblock and the achievement will fail.
    Getting Cold in Here
    < Defeat Hodir without any raid member having more than 2 stacks of Biting Cold in 10-player mode.>
    Biting cold is a stacking debuff that will increase when you stand still. So jump a lot, and remember to put someone on dispellduty. The Freeze that makes you unable to move needs to be dispelled fast in order to complete this.
    Staying Buffed all Winter
    < Possess the effects of Toasty Fire, Storm Power and Starlight at the same time in 10-player mode.>
    This one is pretty much just try to get as buffed as possible, the npc’s in the encounter put up these buffs. Stand close to fire and in beams.
    I Have the Coolest Friends
    <Defeat Hodir without any friendly NPC dying in 10-player mode.>
    These npc’s are huge noobs that have a hard time avoiding the flash freeze so what you need to do is to destroy their iceblock fast.
    Thorim
    Don’t Stand in the Lightning
    < Defeat Thorim without any raid member being struck by Lightning Charge in 10-player mode.>
    Every 15 seconds Thorim will cast Lightning Charge, this is after you have engaged him down in the arena. You can then see some small strings of lightning going from him as a cone towards one side of the wall. Move out of this before he casts Lightning Charge and you won’t get hit.
    I found out that this isn't at easy as it sounds to manage in a 25m pug, but there's an easier way to do it. When Thorim is about to jump down everyone run in the tunnel, not that very far but enough to tank him in there with everyone standing in front of him. Pull him down there and simply just kill him. There is a pretty simple video guide that was linked at wowhead - youtube.com/watch?v=6yB4L7Lxj14
    Who Needs Bloodlust?
    < Defeat Thorim while under the effect of Aura of Celerity in 10-player mode.>
    One of the adds spawned during the first phase called Dark Rune Warbringer will buff himself with an aura called Aura of Celerity which increases nearby allies haste with 20%. What you need to do here is to not kill this add and save him sheeped or something until phase 2. You only need the aura when he dies to get the achievement. To get the aura you will need a priest that can MC the dwarf while he got the active.
    I’ll Take You All On
    < Defeat Thorim, the Ancient Rune Giant and the Runic Colossus in 10-player mode.>
    These mobs are found in the gauntlet, the entire raid will get it for simply killing the boss… so if you read this you most likely got it already.
    Freya
    Lumberjacked
    < Defeat Elder Brightleaf, Elder Ironbranch and Elder Stonebark within 15 seconds of each other in 10-player mode.>
    Use 2 tanks and get two of the trees to low hp, then pull the third and nuke them down together.
    Con-speed-atory
    <Defeat Freya within 20 minutes of the first creature you kill in the Conservatory of Life in 10-player mode.>
    Unless you would whipe on some other achievement in there this achievement should be yours just by killing her at 85.
    Deforestation
    < Defeat 2 Ancient Water Spirits, 2 Storm Lashers and 2 Snaplashers within 10 seconds in 10-player mode.>
    These 3 adds spawn together as one of her 3 different things to spawn. But only 1 of each. So what you need to do is to offtank the first 3 that spawns, and kill the other adds as they spawns as a normal kill. When the second group of elementals spawns you should just group them up together with the first group and get them down together. Even if you whipe after doing this you will still get the achievement so when doing this focus on the achievement rather than killing the boss.
    Getting Back to Nature
    <Defeat Freya while she is affected by 25 stacks of Attuned to Nature in 10-player mode.>
    Freya start the fight with 150 stacks of Attuned to Nature (every stack increase her healing by 8%). Every time a pack of adds are killed she will lose some stacks(25 for big tree, 30 for the elementals and 20 for the small flowers). So what you should do here is to leave the second big tree that spawns and just offtank it, she will heal herself a lot but that’s nothing you can’t outdps at lvl 85.
    Mimiron
    Set Up Us the Bomb
    <Defeat Mimiron without anyone in the raid being hit by the following in 10-player mode.>
    Basically avoid everything that hurts. The upside of this is that you can get credit for one of the 3 one week, so you don’t have to avoid them all at the same time. But if you got people that are observant this should be really easy on normal mode.
    Not-So-Friendly Fire
    <Force Mimiron to kill an Assault Bot with a Rocket Strike in 10-player mode.>
    These adds spawn in the phase 3 of the fight, leave one of them up to be kited around. In phase 4 he will be firing rockets that does a lot of damage. You will clearly see where this will hit and it will always aim for a player. To get this achievement done fast everyone should group up at the assault bot and when the rocket is being fired, root it and run. Note that you don’t have to kill the boss in order to get the achievement.
    General Vezax
    Shadowdodger
    < Defeat General Vezax without any raid member being hit by Shadow Crash in 10-player mode.>
    Throughout the fight Vezax will cast missiles targeting a player that is more than 15 yards away from him, IF there is a player 15 yards away if there’s not he will start firing at melee. Everyone except one range dps/healer should stay in his meleerange and it’s down to only one person avoiding the shadow crash which make things easier.
    Yogg-Saron
    Kiss and Make Up
    < /Kiss Sara in Ulduar while she is angry with you in 10-player mode.>
    When in phase 2 you will see a npc hovering above the ugly god yoggie, target her and /kiss.
    Alone in the Darkness
    < Defeat Yogg-Saron without the assistance of any Keepers in 10-player mode.>
    Well to do this there is a lot of tactics that need to be executed correctly, this encounter is a challenge even at lvl 85. I would recommend making sure everyone in the raid go watch tankspots guide on youtube, can't link cause I'm a new member. Follow those tactics and be patient, this will probably cause a couple of wipes.
    He’s Not Getting Any Older
    < Defeat Yogg-Saron within 7 minutes in 10-player mode.>
    Well this one is pretty straight forward, just kill him.
    They’re Coming Out of the Walls
    < Defeat 9 Guardians of Yogg-Saron within 12 seconds in 10-player mode.>
    This is easiest done if you make a whipeattempt and just spawn 9 adds fast and get them all low and blow them up at the same time.
    In His House He Waits Dreaming
    < Experience all 3 visions of Yogg-Saron's mind in 10-player mode.>
    Basically enter the portals and hope to get a vision that you havn’t been in before and repeat until done.
    Drive Me Crazy
    <Defeat Yogg-Saron without any raid member going insane in 10-player mode.>
    This should be done with some help from the keepers, just make it a clean kill and this is yours. (Not very easy to combine with Alone in the Darkness)
    Algalon
    Supermassive
    < Defeat Algalon the Observer after closing 3 Black Holes within 10 seconds in 10-player mode.>
    You spawn the black holes from killing collapsing stars, they leave a voidzone lookalike thing on the ground that is the black hole. To close these you need to kite the adds called Living Constellations into them. Get three people picking one add each and pull the adds into the black holes at the same time, then simply defeat Algalon with the normal tactics.
    And there you go, most of this is done with similar tactics in 25-player mode. If you find something that isn't correct please inform me and I will change it.
    Thanks for your time and good luck in there!
    Last edited by mmoc4ddb85bc19; 2012-05-19 at 10:26 AM.

Big thanks for this! I've actually been trying to get the non-Glory ones lately, since Ulduar is a gold mine for achievements.

Very nice. Thank you

I recently did my own little scrapbook version for Naxx. It was a bit of a pain to organise, so very grateful for you consolidating all this for us

Deleted
    Cool m8.
    It is the last of the dungen achievs I need and this will be helping me alot.