Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Epic SW vid, gets me excited for SWTOR

Came across this epic video on youtube earlier today...even though it has no TOR footage, I think its a cool SW video and gets me excited to play TOR.

Credit goes to CommanderCourage for posting (and maybe making idk) the video. Make sure your speakers are up....its kinda quite in the beginning.
    Last edited by NyghtFox; 2011-11-01 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Edited for clearer name and vid description

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Empire ftw!!!

This one does it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    A timeline type video does not get me pumped to play a video game set long before the time represented in the video.

But I still want to play the game.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post

This one does it for me.
    Another good vid! Not quite the epic chills though...i hope im a better pretend jedi then him in SWTOR lol.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This is pretty good. It actually makes the prequels look pretty enjoyable. It doesn't get me pumped for TOR, sadly.

It was well made, except for the footage of episodes 1-3, which were just garbage. Also I don't see what this has to do with Swtor.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    It was well made, except for the footage of episodes 1-3, which were just garbage. Also I don't see what this has to do with Swtor.
    Like I said no TOR related footage......guess i shoulda said SW in general not specifically TOR but oh well epic vid is epic vid

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I don't see what this has to do with Swtor.
    Pretty much this.

If Lucas's Star Wars universe was the main reason I wanted to play TOR, I'd have also played SWG back in the day. I didn't.

I'm a KoTOR/BW fan mainly.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree with everyone else, not related to swtor so that doesnt pump me for swtor, that just remind me i should re-watch the 6 movies.
    wait wut did you watch the same fight, i did? Like that?
    http://youtu.be/8kpHK4YIwY4
    worst crap ever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Have to agree with everyone else, not related to swtor so that doesnt pump me for swtor, that just remind me i should re-watch the 6 movies.

worst crap ever...
    Better than this crap right here..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0fUHX8FIHU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Better than this crap right here..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0fUHX8FIHU
    Please, the way lightsaber duels work is that they go through a series of choreographed attack sequences and feints etc so that they can concentrate their force powers to focus more on predicting the enemies move, and making their own attacks more random to their enemies eyes. Something like the 1 second flurry in that scene would have been done to simply gauge the enemy and try and provoke them into an attack, baiting if you will. (If you want to disagree with me about the fighting with preplanned sequences I suggest you go read Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. Excellent book, and reveals a lot of about their fighting styles)
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post

worst crap ever...

aww come on dude they were senior citizens when they had that fight you CANT compare that to their first epic fight lol

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 06:15 AM ----------

i lost SOOO MANY brain cells after watching only HALF of that thank you for that lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    aww come on dude they were senior citizens when they had that fight you CANT compare that to their first epic fight lol
    still piss me off when someone says everything was better in the old trilogy, combat were very crappy. :/ (Compared to what we got in the latest movie)

less than 1 sec =/= 37sec

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear it's like hating on the second trilogy is the trendy thing to do...
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I swear it's like hating on the second trilogy is the trendy thing to do...
    No kidding. I for one love both trilogies. Even Jar-Jar didn't annoy me. My only issue was Hayden Christensen who in Episode II was absolutely horrific. He picked it up a little in Ep. III but still he was a very, very poor choice for Anakin. Other than that, like I said, I love both trilogies.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Go learn a little about lightsaber combat =D
    Besides it being normal choreographed form, those two practiced for hour upon hour, week upon week, year upon year with each other and developed intrinsically similar fighting styles and knew exactly how each other fought - that (in reality 1.5 seconds) was a culmination of prediction and tension to which both Jedi gave their everything, hence the resulting blowback.

That being said, I loved the old fight scenes just as much. I watched them when I was a kid and was hooked on these amazing lightsabers ever since.
    The old fights were emotional, revolutionary, and mysterious. They had traditional sword combat.
    The newer ones are flashy, fast paced, intricate and adrenaline fueled.
    Both are good in their own way.
    (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul is still by far my favourite despite the conclusion=>)

As for Qui-Gon being the worst Jedi thing, I did laugh, though he is my second favourite Jedi of all time ^_^ (Trailing Aayla, proceeding Ki-Adi and Obi-Wan.)
    Go read the Jedi Apprentice series all of you!
    Maybe written for teens, but fantastic books nonetheless, I grew up with them.
    The characters and emotions, and the plots are all original and brilliantly written.

As for Sw:ToR, definitely looking forward to it. I wish the combat was shaping up to be a little more like Tera or GW2 rather than Wow's which has become a little stale to me, but the high animation and sound quality can fix that.

I hope this really doesn't need to be said:

But New Trilogy vs Old Trilogy pissing contests have no place here, and will quite quickly get threads closed - be civil please! (Cowers in fear of lurking Conscript & Trollsbane)

Deleted
    I think I've become immune to getting pumped up by anything that uses Orff's O Fortuna as the soundtrack. Ditto for Kronos Quartet's Lux Aeterna. The compositions themselves are fine, but so ridiculously overused, they instantly ruin any attempts at creating epic atmosphere. -.-

I can't watch on my phone, but I'm pretty sure I wont change my mind. Its just too boring for me and that's because I've never cared much for star wars. I don't want people to bash me because of my opinion, that would be immature on your part.