I'll admit I changed factions because of weapons. As VS I go 2-30 trying to defend somewhere as heavy assault. Swapped to TR and I'm always positive, even when we're being overrun. Or, maybe, especially when we're being overrun. The damage difference for TR weapons is just insane.
Really Lysah? I'm hardcore TR but I do actually really enjoy the Vanu Sov weapons. They pack one helluva punch, but I still love the accuracy of the tr and our rate of fire. Can put a lot of bullets on a target very accurately and do some serious damage!
The accuracy is nice, especially for vehicles (which is EXTREMELY noticeable), but in my experience if you get into a duel with someone from TR (NC too but not quite as bad) as Vanu you're dead unless he can't aim at all. I used to think I had just lost my touch at FPS games and was just really bad until I played TR and kill people instantly just like I used to die instantly.
I just want aussie servers! I liked PS1, but with 200ms ping people with NC n00bhammers would kill me pretty quickly even if I got the jump on them.
2nd continent up on beta, more changes and weapons
Got a beta key in Nvidia Giveaway but problem is on nvidia it says its for only saturday and sunday while when i activated it it said i had beta acces nothing about 2days only, any one know if its only 2 days or more since cant download it atm for this weekend -.-
Last edited by MrDeadcruel; 2012-10-06 at 06:59 PM.
Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue
Servers got taken down I guess new conglomerate taking over all of Esamir on the EU server wasn't what the devs had planned.
This game is a shitload of fun. Kind of has a Battlefield:BC2 meets SW:Battlefront** feel to it which I'm really enjoying. Two of my favorite games of all time in a FPSMMO is pretty darn awesome. I like that just a few people working together can make a difference on the map and my contribution to the overall success/failure on the map counts for something (unlike PvP in another recent MMO I've played).
A couple caveats:
1. My damage feels really low compared to nearly anyone else. Not sure what the hell I'm doing wrong but I will get the drop on someone, start shooting, and have then turn around and kill me off
2. How do certs work? I think my lack of certs is the reason I take more/do less damage than other people out there. I've played most of the last couple of days but haven't gotten past level 3-ish.
3. Draw distances are kind of poor which I think gives snipers a huge advantage. Snipers can stay outside the draw distance and just pick people off with their scope zoom. Perhaps other classes get to even out the odds at higher levels with weapon mods?
2) You get certs from experience, in short. Capping bases is a pretty fast way to farm them because of the huge experience bonus when you take control. They don't make a huge difference, though having a real sight on your gun is always nice.
3) Snipers are kind of pointless, they won't make a difference in a real fight. Mostly what infs are good for is getting through lines to shoot medics in the back of the face/drop grenades and mines/hack in general. Anyone who just sits on a hill for the occasional kill he can get on someone leaving their spawner is a waste of a spot in the army, imo. Besides, VS take 3(?) shots to kill someone, TR take two if they're headshots, three otherwise last I checked. Completely possible if you're standing still but with bullet drop taken into account, if you just jiggle back and forth the vast majority of players won't be able to kill you.
I do want to see what cert gain is like in their planned release, of course. After they gave us literally tens of thousands of cert points you start to realize that some cert levels are literally in the thousands(!) of points. Getting 20 or 30 in an hour of play means those perks are going to take a long time to get. Of course, none of them are required, so maybe it's not a big deal if you don't only have +60 rounds on your tank instead of +80....still.
Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-08 at 12:42 AM.
Hello guys! I have been looking forward to this game few days. I have registered to beta signup and waiting key for now. I just would like to ask few things:
I don't like any CoD games, and FPS games normally. I have expections which is: Quake Arena, Unreal Tournament games and ShootMania. Example I don't like Battlefield at all. But then again I like WvWvW of Guild Wars 2.
In that case will I like Planet Side 2 at all? Is it game for me?
On a side note, my current concern is with the medic tool. Advanced Medic was my favourite cert in PS1 and I found the medic tool worked pretty much perfectly. In PS2 I find the range to a bit dodgey, there's a dead zone where it will say its healing but not do anything and player movements break the beam far too easily. It's not terrible to use and certainly not class breaking but I do hope they sharpen it up for release.
Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-10-08 at 05:52 AM.
Her hall is called Eljudnir,
her dish is Hunger,
her knife is Famine,
her slave is Lazy,
and Slothful is her woman servant.
Interesting reply Nirawen. Well free-to-play can be either blessing or curse. It depends how it's made by company. If it gives any advantage to players who are ready to pay some money it ruins whole game. But if they only give cosmetic items then it's fine for me. Most important thing to me in games is how it feels to play the game. I like whole idea of game. But I can't know yet is it for me. Many FPS games are not for me. But this some way doesn't look like original one. I think my best bet is to wait for beta key and hope I'll get one. And then test this game out.
Already encountering aimbotting and lag switching by (more than a few) players in the game. Not good.
The aimbots are bad and annoying, but the people lag switching are enough to turn the tide of a battle fairly easily.
Its really unfortunate because this game is amazing in many ways, but that kind of thing will have people abandon ship if the game goes live with this sort of thing.