View Poll Results: Your faction

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanu Sovereignty

    131 41.46%
  • New Conglomerate

    79 25.00%
  • Terra Republic

    106 33.54%
Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
50
... LastLast
  1. #781
    One more thing. If you downloaded the game from Steam and you can't login, delete it and get it from Proshiten cause Steam is not gonna work for you.

    I downloaded it from Proshiten now and actually got the game to start and pl...joking, error G37.

    Last edited by Mad Jim; 2012-11-21 at 06:46 PM.

  2. #782
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    One more thing. If you downloaded the game from Steam and you can't login, delete it and get it from Proshiten cause Steam is not gonna work for you.
    ... works for me.
    Didn't need the fix or anything.

  3. #783
    Finally, after ages of battle I managed to get it. If you're still getting error g37, try to run the launcher as administrator. It fixed it for me.

  4. #784
    Just started to download this game because I haven't played a shooter in a while and wanted too.

    I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint

  5. #785
    Well, for the first 30 minutes or so I was bored out of my wits, and really annoyed that tanks kept blowing me up. =O

    Kept plugging away, though...it's getting more interesting as I go.

  6. #786
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,673
    Unable to get back into a scythe after you jump out and are falling

  7. #787
    Stood in the Fire MrDeadcruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    441
    Had the g37 error fixed it with verification and oh god this game is so awesome but the only thing was i couldnt figure how to change the aircraft movement with mouse and voice chats / yell because no one in chat wanted to help

    Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

  8. #788
    Yeah, I can't play this game to save my life. I get killed by fucking snipers out of nowhere 24/7. I take 2 steps out in the open and I'm dead. Even when I play sniper myself I get killed by snipers, which is quite astonishing.

    There is no strafing in this game. When you take aim (the only time your crosshair isn't the size of the whole screen and you can actually hit stuff) you move really slow, and you can't strafe, obviously.

    If you stay in one spot for more than 3 seconds you get ganked by snipers, which seem to be covering every inch of terrain.

    Only time I actually killed something was when I used maxes and I got to kill something before a sniper got me.

    Yeah, back to wow.
    Last edited by Mad Jim; 2012-11-21 at 09:41 PM.

  9. #789
    I like the game, action all over the place =) Im a noob but managed to get a headshot :P And driving around in cars is fun, also being heavy assault and kill tanks. Quite smooth game except some horrible graphic bugs in some places, I hope that's their first priority to work on.
    For a f2p game it's really nice, guess my friends will play it mostly so GW2 will just be for solo pvp every now and then now for me. But planetside is fun with friends so guess I will enjoy myself a bit with my friends there as well.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Unable to get back into a scythe after you jump out and are falling
    I hate this too, I hit the eject button all the time trying to switch to third person...

    Anyway, not being able to MAX it up seems very strange to me, can't think of why that should happen...haven't had a chance to log in since beta though so I'll have to check when I get back home in a few days. The only thing I can think of is that they got added to the restriction where your faction can't buy MBTs without owning a tech lab or whatever it was and your faction was getting stomped.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  11. #791
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,901
    Going to step out of the boat here and say it's just not for me. I always imagined an open world FPS would be a good idea, after playing this, I changed my mind.

    I'm an extremely bad player, but this does stop the rest of the 100 or so players from been spawn camped, and there is nothing to stop it. We were spawning on the side of a mountain, within 2 minutes there were vehicles killing us as soon as we spawned, after 3-4 deaths we finally moved to the new location, only to be spawned camped again 2 minutes later.

    The aiming also, it feels like my mouse is sat on 100,000,000 DPI. I move it an inch and my mouse flys across my screen. it felt like one of those budget games.

    The final thing that draws me away is, Sony and F2P. No. I have not done by research enough to give a definative answer but i'm 99% sure that it's pay-2-win. If it's not the case I "might" give it another go.

    I honestly can't help thinking that it's just a copy of tribes, only worse.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  12. #792
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Going to step out of the boat here and say it's just not for me. I always imagined an open world FPS would be a good idea, after playing this, I changed my mind.

    I'm an extremely bad player, but this does stop the rest of the 100 or so players from been spawn camped, and there is nothing to stop it. We were spawning on the side of a mountain, within 2 minutes there were vehicles killing us as soon as we spawned, after 3-4 deaths we finally moved to the new location, only to be spawned camped again 2 minutes later.

    The aiming also, it feels like my mouse is sat on 100,000,000 DPI. I move it an inch and my mouse flys across my screen. it felt like one of those budget games.

    The final thing that draws me away is, Sony and F2P. No. I have not done by research enough to give a definative answer but i'm 99% sure that it's pay-2-win. If it's not the case I "might" give it another go.

    I honestly can't help thinking that it's just a copy of tribes, only worse.
    Well the spawn camping happens a lot sadly, not sure what fix there is, as if you are spawning via Sunderer, chances are spawn camping will happen. Issue is always going to be which side has the huge amount of force that causes it.

    You might want to lower your game sensitivity in options, I always have to for like every recent game nowadays.

    It's F2P is exactly like LoL, take a while to get an item / unlock or just pay for it.

  13. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Going to step out of the boat here and say it's just not for me. I always imagined an open world FPS would be a good idea, after playing this, I changed my mind.

    I'm an extremely bad player, but this does stop the rest of the 100 or so players from been spawn camped, and there is nothing to stop it. We were spawning on the side of a mountain, within 2 minutes there were vehicles killing us as soon as we spawned, after 3-4 deaths we finally moved to the new location, only to be spawned camped again 2 minutes later.

    The aiming also, it feels like my mouse is sat on 100,000,000 DPI. I move it an inch and my mouse flys across my screen. it felt like one of those budget games.

    The final thing that draws me away is, Sony and F2P. No. I have not done by research enough to give a definative answer but i'm 99% sure that it's pay-2-win. If it's not the case I "might" give it another go.

    I honestly can't help thinking that it's just a copy of tribes, only worse.
    I suggest you visit the settings menu before bitching about any settings... everything is customizable.... learn to not always use the default for every damn thing.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  14. #794
    The grind in PS2 can be pretty brutal for some things, but as people will tell you, they're just *side-grades.* I love the TR bolt driver, but the default sniper is just as good, and is even better in half the situations you get yourself in. The real issue with this isn't the grind, it's that you have to play for 100 hours just to finally get that new gun that isn't even any better than what you already had! That can make grinding certs feel pretty pointless, but I would say they did a good job making the game f2p.

    The biggest issue is that they seem to have MASSIVELY overestimated the amount of certs the average player gets each hour. I saw some SoE estimate of like 30-40 an hour at the new nerfed rate and then everyone posts in thread admitting they're lucky to get 10 on a normal day.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-22 at 02:57 AM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  15. #795
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    I suggest you visit the settings menu before bitching about any settings... everything is customizable.... learn to not always use the default for every damn thing.
    Did I forget to mention I had to visit the settings because the game felt 1024x768 was a suitable resolution for a 1080p screen. My ingame settings are set to 0.10, which is still way way to fast, if i set it to 0.09, It hardly moves. This isn't a mouse issue either as I tried numerous combinations of both mouse and game setting and yet its messed.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Did I forget to mention I had to visit the settings because the game felt 1024x768 was a suitable resolution for a 1080p screen. My ingame settings are set to 0.10, which is still way way to fast, if i set it to 0.09, It hardly moves. This isn't a mouse issue either as I tried numerous combinations of both mouse and game setting and yet its messed.
    Hmm. That is extremely odd. I had absolutely none of these problems. My mouse sensitivity was high, but I adjusted it and now its great. The only problems I have had with the game have been a few graphical errors and falling through the world one time.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  17. #797
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The biggest issue is that they seem to have MASSIVELY overestimated the amount of certs the average player gets each hour. I saw some SoE estimate of like 30-40 an hour at the new nerfed rate and then everyone posts in thread admitting they're lucky to get 10 on a normal day.
    It may have been boosted but I got about 40 in roughly 90 minutes earlier while not really doing much.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

  18. #798
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    It may have been boosted but I got about 40 in roughly 90 minutes earlier while not really doing much.
    I hope so! Especially when they made certain guns cost 960 or whatever now. It's bad enough that ATS got repeatedly nerfed at the end of the beta without it taking a year of farming to even play.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  19. #799
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Did I forget to mention I had to visit the settings because the game felt 1024x768 was a suitable resolution for a 1080p screen. My ingame settings are set to 0.10, which is still way way to fast, if i set it to 0.09, It hardly moves. This isn't a mouse issue either as I tried numerous combinations of both mouse and game setting and yet its messed.
    Dear god no...
    THE MONSTERS!
    :|
    If I use the mid dpi setting on my mouse it seems fine, max is crazy though, though I also have to turn it down for ME3.

  20. #800
    Elemental Lord Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,015
    I'm having fun so far, except the buggy endless queueing. And I haven't even joined a Outfit yet.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •