View Poll Results: Your faction

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanu Sovereignty

    123 40.07%
  • New Conglomerate

    79 25.73%
  • Terra Republic

    105 34.20%
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
53
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Kinda amazed at how many less EU players there are than US atm, pretty much all but one EU server is Low.
    Finally got the game up and running, I'm finding it a little overwhelming and not finding it easy to join a squad then find out where they are.
    Miller and Woodman are both high/very high at peak times..

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 12:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Anyone playing a non-sniper Infiltrator? I've been thinking about investing my certs into a scout rifle and 2x reflex sight, but I haven't seen any Infiltrators not hanging back and sniping.
    @holtzmann, I have tried it, its sadly not really working, see, we were promised something called Shadow armor. (which would be similar to ps1's stealth) but they didnt release it at launch its still being worked on. also the removal of the shotgun (nova?) to infils greatly weakened us. I have the scout rifle, the artemis one, and its ok, but its not good by any means. takes almost a full mag to kill.

    at its present state the infil is no more then a glorified sniper. the hackeresque role I was hoping to play isnt present, it lacks 2 major things listed above, weapon choice and shadow armor. there is still some fun to be had but nothing even close to what infil could be.

  2. #842
    Aw, that's sad. I guess that if I want to sneak around (my aim sucks, so I need to take the initiative to have a chance of killing anyone in that game) I should go Light Assault, then?
    Roll the bones!

  3. #843
    Everyone and their mom seems to be playing for TR on my server,

  4. #844
    This game really is great fun

    My Radio Broadcast: http://grooveshark.com/#!/dookleeto/broadcast feel free to come and listen

  5. #845
    Pandaren Monk schippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands - Darkspear EU
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post

    wat
    Was a bug in the beta the only way to fix it is keep clicking leave queue and retrying. Until the game gets it.

  6. #846
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Firing on an enemy in a base, killing them, and then being told you were firing on a friendly and taking half your health as damage, despite the fact that you got a kill on an enemy. I've had this happen a few times.

    However, above all by an absolutely massive margin, the most frustrating parts are the cost of air vehicles along with the general slow generation of resources. To add insult to injury, the "respawn time" on them just means you'll often go for ages just sat at a base waiting for the cooldown, and then perhaps having to wait until you've got enough resources.

    Actually, no, there's something worse. The fact that a gunner in a galaxy can kill the other vehicles with friendly fire. I often go as escort with them in my own jet if there's no one else to assist and they're perhaps not full on people. Having some, to put it bluntly, absolute dickhead take out your jet and then being stuck with a timer and wasted resources... yeah, that's the sort of move that makes me want to hunt down our own jets and nuke them out of the sky, only to listen to the silent crying of 12 people because there's no zone-wide channel (from what i've seen at least).

    I mean yeah, it's a good game and yeah, i understand it's running with the F2P model, but being so limiting in this way absolutely isn't what i'd expect, especially considering there are times you'll head out to a conflict area, only to be shot down by something you couldn't see or respond to, or end up getting stuck on some random object and thus be stuck with yet another timer and having wasted a rather large chunk of resources. There's a right way to do F2P. Being frustrating and having to wait on silly timers isn't the right way. It's not going to convince me to spend money. It's just going to drive me away.
    FF warnings eventually lock your weapons from firing for 2 hours. They do not take half your health. You were most likely taking return fire from the enemy you killed... There were probably friendlys dancing barely in your field of view that took a few shots.

    Slow generation of resource. Slow respawn timers. hmm... Almost like they intend you to not always be in a vehicle... Also instead of standing around, go use some infantry resource on a max, its almost a vehicle and can definitely do dmg to real vehicles.

    All vehicle and weapons have FF. Not just the galaxy's turrets. Some dicks who happen to be in a galaxy is nothing special.

    The timers dont exist because of f2p. The timers exist because they dont want people in vehicles 24/7. Same as the slow resource generation. Reduce timers mean you'll still be waiting on resources. Reduce spawn timers from certs just mean you dont have to bounce between two aircraft to use your aircraft resources (you can use the one you want to).
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-23 at 05:20 PM.

  7. #847
    Why is FF even in this game? What's the reason for it? I'm going to take a guess and say its because SOE doesn't want 50 people shooting through one of those door shields and not have any consequences for doing so?

  8. #848
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    12,976
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    FF warnings eventually lock your weapons from firing for 2 hours. They do not take half your health. You were most likely taking return fire from the enemy you killed... There were probably friendlys dancing barely in your field of view that took a few shots.
    So, even from the fact i was hovering and took no further damage, and yet there were no other vehicles or players around to do damage in the first place, you still stand by the fact that this health was magically lost to the rocket fairy, or that i imagined half the health of my ship going down the moment i finished killing the enemy? Consider that it was 3:30am on an EU server and thus there wasn't many people around anyway.

    Just to add to that, when i was in first person view, my sound had bugged out so i could hear everything outside really well but couldn't hear my own engines. In third person i could hear everything fine, but first person, i couldn't hear my own vehicle besides the sound of firing, and thus i would have been able to tell if there had been another vehicle around, or a rocket flying towards me.

    Maybe they do lock your weapons, i've not yet experienced that, but i have definitely had a massive chunk of health taken out from the above situation. I hate to say this, but either you're wrong or there's a bug with it.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | Node.js Monkey | Supporter of error 418 (I'm a teapot)
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL, Python, JS + jQuery, HTML + CSS, Ruby, Node.js (+ Express & Socket.io)

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  9. #849
    friendly fire sux

    just had 4 player they rezzed me and killed me 3x till i spawned other point

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    So, even from the fact i was hovering and took no further damage, and yet there were no other vehicles or players around to do damage in the first place, you still stand by the fact that this health was magically lost to the rocket fairy, or that i imagined half the health of my ship going down the moment i finished killing the enemy? Consider that it was 3:30am on an EU server and thus there wasn't many people around anyway.
    LOL! Consider the fact that this post includes a lot of informatoin the first post did not.... and no, i longer stand beside the goal post you just moved. grats.

    Also you got an enemy kill... some enemy was there. "RETURN" fire from the enemy you killed.

    Also google planetside 2 friendly fire penalty. Many pages about weapons being locked. None that i see about health penalties.

    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Grief horses mouth.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-23 at 06:33 PM.

  11. #851
    Pandaren Monk schippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands - Darkspear EU
    Posts
    1,908
    Think its for me time to write a "review" on what i think so far of the game. (This is coming from somebody who has played the game since the middle of October).

    Lets get the first thing out of the way, the game launched to soon it was a complaint i had during the beta and its still valid. Yes the launch wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. But the many errors the server lag, the crashes are still there coupled with imperfections that were not resolved at the end of the beta.

    The classes

    While the basic classes are quite nice i think they made the mistake with a few things:

    The light assault and the infiltrator. Both have more or less the same role in the game. Well according to their names/ abilities.
    They are meant to be base infiltrators yet are not capable of doing their job without the other. And here in lies the problem, a infiltrator will rarely choose to infiltrate if he/she can snipe from a certain spot on long range. Meaning their role of infiltrating is not their primary objective. Which it should have been. That is why even in the beta i have suggested that they merged the two. Create one class called infiltrator that has the light assault weapons (- shotgun) with the suits of both the infiltrator and the light assault. So they could choose for a jet pack or a cloaking suite. Give them the ability to hack things and then you would have a solid class for the role.
    And in the mean time change the sniping role to a class called sniper. That way they can focus on that (give them a local area radar deploy able) And you would have a perfect class for them both. This would also take away the concerns regarding the heavy assault.

    The engineer and medic while okay classes they suffer from bad weapons which means on a 1v1 fight it for example (speaking from a NC perspective) has to go weirdly do you not want to die at the hands of a class like a light assault. While they in my opinion should have fairly equal chances.

    The heavy assault, is in the current game a to versatile class. Especially when compared to its little brother the light assault. While i get the idea behind the class and with the suggestion mentioned above it would work in the current game you are silly as light assault to take up a full health full shield heavy.

    (not including the max not thinking its a class but more a temporary buff in my opinion so).

    The vehicles

    Most vehicles are okay an i mean that they intentionally have long times in between them forcing a not to purely vehicle focused combat style. Their are a few exceptions to vehicles i think that are in need of an alteration.

    The galaxy, its a wonderful aircraft yet i lacks any utility the thing is like somebody ones mentioned nothing but a big fat elephant used to carry infantry. The roles it had in the earlier beta where indeed to powerful giving it a AMS makes the surrender immediately useless and i fully agree with this. But the current state is sad to. They serve now only 1 role in our outfit. If you do not have enough resources for a vehicle you can jump into the 1 galaxy at the back.
    In my opinion the galaxy needs a possibility to become a spawn beacon in the air. With a longer cooldown between deployments. Another utility option i would like to see is drop pods. That as a pilot you can fly over an objective force people out from whichever height without killing them.

    I miss a air vehicle comparable with the flash. It could be a bit bigger and have no weapons for all i care but the fact their is no air variant for a cheap 1 person transport vehicle i find saddening. I know solo play should not be encouraged. But having to grab a reaver (or similar) just to fly from point A to B is a waste of resources.

    World design

    I like the world of amerish, the base design that is. I think if they are able to implement this on the other two worlds and on the future to be released worlds i have not much to no problems with the world design. The only problem i can raise is the fact how spawn points are dealt with.

    The fact that spawn camping is extremely easy is bad design. In my opinion an enemy team should not be able to spawn camp. This is just annoying and can even turn people off to me this is a major concern for the game now. And i honestly think they should have went for small round shields around spawn areas in which enemies could not tread. And could not fire into yet the faction spawning their could shoot at enemies.
    That would instantly kill spawn camping.


    Gameplay

    The game offers good gameplay the combat feels smooth the weapons feel nice have a good kickback for NC and they are all fitting to their factions strengths and weaknesses. While there are maybe still balance issues these dont have much effect to me. Besides this capturing a base feels satisfying and playing in a large platoon with voice chat going on is a lot of fun.

    To this all i have one major but.. the fact there does not seem to be much else to do then base capture. And while at first all the different bases and the different factions you fight are fun. I can after just a few months already getting the first signs of:

    " i think i did the exact same thing yesterday" syndrom.

    And while i think additional worlds (with eventually homeworlds) would take care of some of those concerns. I believe that this might be to long for a lot of people to keep hanging around. On the otherside its free to play so their is nobody forcing you to play which might remove these concerns.

    Conclusion

    Its a good game, it has a lot of potential but it was released a month or two to soon. The prices for non subscribers/payers are fairly high and getting any weapon takes between 25-45 hours not counting attachments. This alone might drive people away due to the grindy feel the game has and the large large amounts of bonuses premium/payers have. On the other side the basic game offers a lot for free players which thankfully has no silly f2p restrictions.

    Besides this there are still a lot of bugs left and from me personally some concerns with balance between factions, slowly less fun/shiny gameplay.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-11-23 at 07:08 PM.

  12. #852
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    6,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Anyone playing a non-sniper Infiltrator? I've been thinking about investing my certs into a scout rifle and 2x reflex sight, but I haven't seen any Infiltrators not hanging back and sniping.
    Well, I've done pistol, if that helps.
    It's really effective to people that don't pay attention. It requires a lot of proper use of your cloak.
    Move when appropriate and then hide and wait for them to pass and then back stab basically.

  13. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    friendly fire sux

    just had 4 player they rezzed me and killed me 3x till i spawned other point
    yeah I had some guy thinking this was a clever way to get fast certs, Im pretty sure the weapons lockout will slow it down some. I like FF though in theory, but people running in front of your tank then you getting locked out would be annoying Im sure. I havent been locked out yet, but had some silly FF moments, like panicking when running in a room and killing 2 of my own guys with a grenade :P

    My Radio Broadcast: http://grooveshark.com/#!/dookleeto/broadcast feel free to come and listen

  14. #854
    Brewmaster insmek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,395
    +1 for Friendly Fire having no place in a video game. Friendly fire is an unfortunate reality in real combat that nobody should have to deal with while playing a game. It's negative fun.

  15. #855
    Pandaren Monk schippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands - Darkspear EU
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    +1 for Friendly Fire having no place in a video game. Friendly fire is an unfortunate reality in real combat that nobody should have to deal with while playing a game. It's negative fun.
    Fully disagree ye it adds annoyances but also ads more thrill you having to be careful how you use your weapon instead of spraying and praying.

  16. #856
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well, I've done pistol, if that helps.
    It's really effective to people that don't pay attention. It requires a lot of proper use of your cloak.
    Move when appropriate and then hide and wait for them to pass and then back stab basically.
    Infiltrating a base with a sniper is the best. At close range, even the automatic snipers can one shot with a direct hit to the head. Proper cloaking around with a flash suppressor and you can get far more kills hiding in a base picking off engis/medics than trying to snipe heavies and lights out on the "front."

    And hacking a turret/killing the guy inside and then shooting his own team is awesome. I can't imagine why anyone would want to be a "sniper" in this game, there's no point to it and you won't really get that many kills, even if you are a great shot. When I play infiltrator I solo assault sunderers and enemy bases to kill all their support or all the players who just want to sit on top of a hill and snipe.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Fully disagree ye it adds annoyances but also ads more thrill you having to be careful how you use your weapon instead of spraying and praying.
    How the hell is some retard jumping in front of your shots thrilling? Because that's the most instance of FF.

    Also it just begs for trolls to play and just FF everyone. They don't care if their weapons get locked, they already got their enjoyment.

  18. #858
    Pandaren Monk schippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands - Darkspear EU
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    How the hell is some retard jumping in front of your shots thrilling? Because that's the most instance of FF.

    Also it just begs for trolls to play and just FF everyone. They don't care if their weapons get locked, they already got their enjoyment.
    Thats why i want the ps1 system.. 1600 points 3 day ban boom will never do it again.

    There are only three things i think its silly you get FF that is if somebody else flies against your aircraft if its stationary / rides against your vehicle if its stationary/ kill people when you deploy your vehicle / kill a vehicle when you deploy your vehicle. The rest of the time it takes so many kills and they drop so fast that its stupid if you manage to get weapon locked. .

    I have played since mid october and have never been weapon locked. Not even in the time it was way easier to get weapon locked.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-11-23 at 09:01 PM.

  19. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Infiltrating a base with a sniper is the best. At close range, even the automatic snipers can one shot with a direct hit to the head. Proper cloaking around with a flash suppressor and you can get far more kills hiding in a base picking off engis/medics than trying to snipe heavies and lights out on the "front."

    And hacking a turret/killing the guy inside and then shooting his own team is awesome. I can't imagine why anyone would want to be a "sniper" in this game, there's no point to it and you won't really get that many kills, even if you are a great shot. When I play infiltrator I solo assault sunderers and enemy bases to kill all their support or all the players who just want to sit on top of a hill and snipe.
    I found myself more effective as a spotter than a sniper, it seemed that finding a safe far off place and spotting enemies constantly, and taking a few shots when you can was more exp than trying to get kills. It certainly helps the team more in most situations and the exp is pretty good in a large fight where sniping is not so useful. Since alot of people dont use spot, despite it being hugely advantageous, I found myself feeling more important than just sniping people that are going to spawn 20 seconds later anyway

    Still nothing can compare with medic for grinding certs, its so fast :P I like to play support I am glad it is rewarded

    My Radio Broadcast: http://grooveshark.com/#!/dookleeto/broadcast feel free to come and listen

  20. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    Still nothing can compare with medic for grinding certs, its so fast :P I like to play support I am glad it is rewarded
    Engineer is pretty boss too. Hang out with a big group of guys, drop ammo, get tons of points.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •