View Poll Results: Your faction

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanu Sovereignty

    123 40.07%
  • New Conglomerate

    79 25.73%
  • Terra Republic

    105 34.20%
Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ...
37
45
46
47
48
49
57
... LastLast
  1. #921
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    5,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    There is no way to defend base!! If they have sunderer deployed in secure place and the swarms of enemies coming out of it endlessly can't be stopped at certain point. The only way to get a base back is to wait for them to move to another area and then capture it back with light resistance. This need to be addressed because this defeat the purpose of defending a base.
    Not really imo, so long as people are actually rocketing the sunderers, they have no ability to stay deployed there.
    We've successfully defended areas just because people were finding and destroying the sunderers. I sit there and repair em if needs be, but the sunderers are pretty squishy if you have just 2-3 people shooting it with rockets.

  2. #922
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not really imo, so long as people are actually rocketing the sunderers, they have no ability to stay deployed there.
    We've successfully defended areas just because people were finding and destroying the sunderers. I sit there and repair em if needs be, but the sunderers are pretty squishy if you have just 2-3 people shooting it with rockets.
    Sundies should be a pretty high priority target for anything in the Air too, besides the strategic importance they're normally surrounded by people so it's like shooting fish* in a barrel.

    *fish with rocket launchers.

  3. #923
    planetside 2 is falling into the trap that WWIIOnline had. it will eventually go into what i call Pre-Camps. what i mean by that is, since you spawn in 1 building what enemy forces will eventually do is go to a base, set up camp then proceed to capture the place, this means people spawning to defend the place will be already camped when they try to leave the spawn building.

    They should have really added Dynamic Spawning, where when you spawn you spawn in a random location so enemies cant just set up and camp players all day(or atleast until the base is taken)

  4. #924
    Pandaren Monk schippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands - Darkspear EU
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    There is no way to defend base!! If they have sunderer deployed in secure place and the swarms of enemies coming out of it endlessly can't be stopped at certain point. The only way to get a base back is to wait for them to move to another area and then capture it back with light resistance. This need to be addressed because this defeat the purpose of defending a base.
    That's not true at all, if you play it well and think for a moment a base infiltration like that can be stopped by using a liberator or any aircraft. Grab a bunch of tanks and push back. All of these work easily. The key to base defend is be at a base with a platoon / squad that is being guided not some randoms stuff. That will never work in a ps2 lonewolfing/randoms.

  5. #925
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Maybe there's a separate client that you can't get through Steam?
    PS2 tweeted they're looking into the issues I reported.

  6. #926
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Have you checked out streams of scythe pilots? I learned a lot about being a mosquito from watching other people, especially how to handle reavers and scythes. I still have huge issues with scythes and no issues with reavers, though. As someone who never watches other people play video games, I can safely say that planetside 2 is fun to watch on its own :x
    Oooh which sites/place/players can you recommend for PS2 streams then?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 01:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    are servers down or something? i just downloaded it from steam, when i open the game it says "launchpad was unable to connect"

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 11:19 PM ----------

    also, trying to create an account, why on the list of countries is UK not an option? neither is England, Britain or GB. what am i suppose to select?! am i forgetting another name for this country?
    Basically Steam gives you the US Launcher so it will take you to the US Account Creation.
    Here's what you gotta do to fix it - http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230...6642321029/#p1
    Nice and simple and it worked for me.

  7. #927
    Pit Lord Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Ironically, even the strongest bullets can't defeat an air vehicle, yet a simple blade of grass will cause it to get wrapped up, end up getting flipped over, and then taunting you with "LOL MUST HAVE BEEN SUICIDE". To be fair, the "Stop killing yourself" message just makes me want to punch the developers in the throat. It sounds so childish. They couldn't have put "Be more careful next time" or something amusing like "Jets and Mountains do not mix". The current message reminds me of those people who'd grab your fist, make you hit yourself in the face, and then say "Stop hitting yourself".

    I also don't quite understand the physics of land vehicles. I mean, the single person tank, it goes up a hill, get's to the top eventually, then as you go to turn to go along the hill, it decides to roll over.

    Or, you go to reverse and turn, expecting to be able to hit the accelerator and then turn in the same direction by switching which direction you're pressing. Not so. The reverse doesn't stop when you stop moving, so going to turn can be very frustrating.

    Jet's getting caught on random objects and being stuck there with no hope of escape.

    Firing on an enemy in a base, killing them, and then being told you were firing on a friendly and taking half your health as damage, despite the fact that you got a kill on an enemy. I've had this happen a few times.

    The precision of the AA guns seems rather off. Aiming one at a Galaxy that's hovering literally 100m in front of me, and getting 1/5 hits, or managing to hit something that's 1000m off in the distance and moving fast and landing every hit... i dunno, it just seems like there's something not right there.

    Going below the edges of cliffs slightly, and without warning, being informed that you've just committed suicide. No message, no warning, no alert, just that stupid fucking skull and that sarcastic bloody message.

    However, above all by an absolutely massive margin, the most frustrating parts are the cost of air vehicles along with the general slow generation of resources. To add insult to injury, the "respawn time" on them just means you'll often go for ages just sat at a base waiting for the cooldown, and then perhaps having to wait until you've got enough resources.

    Actually, no, there's something worse. The fact that a gunner in a galaxy can kill the other vehicles with friendly fire. I often go as escort with them in my own jet if there's no one else to assist and they're perhaps not full on people. Having some, to put it bluntly, absolute dickhead take out your jet and then being stuck with a timer and wasted resources... yeah, that's the sort of move that makes me want to hunt down our own jets and nuke them out of the sky, only to listen to the silent crying of 12 people because there's no zone-wide channel (from what i've seen at least).

    I mean yeah, it's a good game and yeah, i understand it's running with the F2P model, but being so limiting in this way absolutely isn't what i'd expect, especially considering there are times you'll head out to a conflict area, only to be shot down by something you couldn't see or respond to, or end up getting stuck on some random object and thus be stuck with yet another timer and having wasted a rather large chunk of resources. There's a right way to do F2P. Being frustrating and having to wait on silly timers isn't the right way. It's not going to convince me to spend money. It's just going to drive me away.

    Still, it's innovative so i'll definitely give it time. The simple fact it's free means i certainly have to give it that. I just think that they could make the vehicles be a little less frustrating.
    you forgot that the massive size of the world doesnt help either as you cant take a point by yourself without getting killed by a single defender or actually going to the enemy transporter base connected to the biolab to stop them porting in and getting owned and wondering where the fuck my backup is... only to get a pathetic 10experience after some group captures it while im dead leaving me with 8 deaths and a bit depressed

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Kinda amazed at how many less EU players there are than US atm, pretty much all but one EU server is Low.
    Finally got the game up and running, I'm finding it a little overwhelming and not finding it easy to join a squad then find out where they are.
    im EU but for some reason i cant stand the people that play on them so i (when i get the option) play on a US server

  8. #928
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    you forgot that the massive size of the world doesnt help either as you cant take a point by yourself without getting killed by a single defender or actually going to the enemy transporter base connected to the biolab to stop them porting in and getting owned and wondering where the fuck my backup is... only to get a pathetic 10experience after some group captures it while im dead leaving me with 8 deaths and a bit depressed

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:02 PM ----------


    im EU but for some reason i cant stand the people that play on them so i (when i get the option) play on a US server
    You get full xp from a base capture while dead :\
    If you want reliable backup you really need to find a group to go around in, even just the random squad thing help alot

  9. #929
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    You get full xp from a base capture while dead :\
    If you want reliable backup you really need to find a group to go around in, even just the random squad thing help alot
    How is it you tell where your squad is on the map?
    This question definitely shows how green i am .

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    im EU but for some reason i cant stand the people that play on them so i (when i get the option) play on a US server
    Well I've not really found a problem playing with my EU chummies, in retrospect to what I sad the EU server population does go to very High during peak times which is probably the main advantage of EU servers as you will get more people on during your times which is kinda how PS is meant to be played.

  10. #930
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Did you make an Eu account?

    Furthermore did you download the Eu client?

    Edit: http://www.planetside2.eu/

    From there essentially. To explain, SOE have passed control of the Eu servers to some German company with a less than strong approval rating. So really, just create your account, download the Eu client and pray you never have to interact with them on much of a level.
    thanks, i already done this though. i went on their live chat thing, and downloaded the client from the eu site, but it still doesnt work. it created a link on my desktop called "planetside 2 PSG", but it does nothing, as in if i double click it, nothing at all happens :\ ive uninstalled and redownloaded, but nothing seems to work. think im going to give up on this.


    also, its a bit silly that steam has no messgae / warning saying that people from EU cant use their client.


    the download also created a "launchpad.exe" which does nothing as well, im guessing its probably something with my computer and not the game, but for some reason they will not run.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:24 PM ----------

    if anyone could tell me why it wont run that would be great!

    the download on their website creates this folder

    "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 PSG"

    in there is launchpad.exe and it creates planetside 2 psg.exe on the desktop, but running them does nothing, the only exe that works is the uninstaller :\
    Last edited by peggleftw; 2012-11-27 at 05:21 PM.
    Signature pending

  11. #931
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    also, its a bit silly that steam has no messgae / warning saying that people from EU cant use their client.
    You can use the steam client, just make a SoE account instead of a PSG account and it works fine.

  12. #932
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    You can use the steam client, just make a SoE account instead of a PSG account and it works fine.

    that wasnt my problem with the steam client, it doesnt work for me. when i launch the game through steam it just says something about the launchpad cannot connect. im not having any luck with this game, nothing works
    Signature pending

  13. #933
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,223
    Anyone knows if there's any way to deal with lighter vehicles as a sniper or am i fucked?

  14. #934
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,586
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Anyone knows if there's any way to deal with lighter vehicles as a sniper or am i fucked?
    Think you can cert into some C4 or some sort of mines, pretty expensive though if I remember right.

  15. #935
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    5,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    How is it you tell where your squad is on the map?
    This question definitely shows how green i am .
    You get green dots on the screen with numbers, each number indicates which squad number. Bringing up the map will give you the names if you zoom in close enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Think you can cert into some C4 or some sort of mines, pretty expensive though if I remember right.
    EMP grenade replacement. However costs like 200? certs I think.

  16. #936
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,235
    EMP grenade replacement. However costs like 200? certs I think.
    EMP's no longer have any effect on vehicles.

  17. #937
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    5,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    EMP's no longer have any effect on vehicles.
    Well, run like hell then.

  18. #938
    eu server down, what is "bouncing worlds" that seems to be the issue?
    I only noticed I was in a different world when logging in today, was in another when I logged out yesterday. Is that the issues they are solving or something else?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  19. #939
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,889
    if anyone was having same issue as me "launchpad cannot connect blah blah blah"

    then go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment

    and click on properties of npsoeact.dll and untick read only and then revalidate steam files.


    still cant get the eu client to work, if anyone wants to give me tips. ill play on the US client for now.

    with the eu client, i download from the website, but it doesnt work, it makes a folder with 2 .exe in it, launchpad.exe and uninstaller, the unistaller works fine, but launchpad wont launch D:

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 07:20 PM ----------

    did anyone else pick NEW CONGLOMERATE just becuase of their music? much better than the other two!
    Last edited by peggleftw; 2012-11-27 at 07:21 PM.
    Signature pending

  20. #940
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    if anyone was having same issue as me "launchpad cannot connect blah blah blah"

    then go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment

    and click on properties of npsoeact.dll and untick read only and then revalidate steam files.


    still cant get the eu client to work, if anyone wants to give me tips. ill play on the US client for now.

    with the eu client, i download from the website, but it doesnt work, it makes a folder with 2 .exe in it, launchpad.exe and uninstaller, the unistaller works fine, but launchpad wont launch D:
    As I mentioned prior if you're having trouble with either launcher, try the Steam version and do this http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230...6642321029/#p3
    It's easy to do and seems to work for pretty much everybody.

    It should be able to get your EU Client working.

    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    did anyone else pick NEW CONGLOMERATE just becuase of their music? much better than the other two!
    Their music is pretty awesome. But I think the part of them that's maybe winning me over from Vanu is simply how meaty their guns looks, feel and shoot along with the fact their infantry wear some bad ass looking armour.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •