131 41.46%
  • New Conglomerate

79 25.00%
  • Terra Republic

106 33.54%
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkarioth View Post
    I think you missed out on how MMOs work, there's no set in stone way of playing the game, if i like to give my team long range support from a safe distance, why shouldn't i be allowed to? it's a sniper rifle for a main weapon afterall..
    Seems you missed out on how to play Planetside. Lets leave the petty playground talk there shall we?

The current range is fine, i can already see and kill other people from 800 - 1000ish meters away, there is absolutely no need to increase that.
    That may be the way you play but your not helping your team out much by doing so and you actually get less certs/points by playing that way, if that is what you enjoy then fair enough but it would go against the "team play" philosophy of the game if the devs where to encourage playing that way by changing the render distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    They need to nerf a lot of Vanu shit stuff. Scythe maneuverability, You go in dog fight with it you always lose w/e you are flying with. Also there is overpowered gun I can't remember its name that shoots energy balls ppl start to purchase it with SC, It's freaking unbelievable how is this gun overpowered.
    That would be the Lasher.
    Must... resist... posting... huge... animated GIF...

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Seems you missed out on how to play Planetside. Lets leave the petty playground talk there shall we?

The current range is fine, i can already see and kill other people from 800 - 1000ish meters away, there is absolutely no need to increase that.
    That may be the way you play but your not helping your team out much by doing so and you actually get less certs/points by playing that way, if that is what you enjoy then fair enough but it would go against the "team play" philosophy of the game if the devs where to encourage playing that way by changing the render distance.
    i agree, ive been playing sniper a bit, i was giving a bit of over watch cover while my squad captured a base. there is really no reason to be that far away to shoot them. i spent most of my time as a sniper close to my squad, i would not have been much use if i was really far away.
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkarioth View Post
    That's where you're wrong, it needs more range, the render distance is determined by how many people are in your area and decreases down to granade throw distance in a big battle, this means that a sniper rifle becomes next to worthless against any other weapon in the game.

That's not true at all. Maybe your pc is pretty bad, and you should upgrade. Because I have been in so many large battles and not had this issue at all.

EDIT:meh guess I'm wrong looking on the official forums. I haven't experienced this, maybe I'm just playing on a lower population server, and its not having the same impact /shrug.
    Last edited by Lagmonster; 2012-11-28 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    Hey m8 im Ceres also but im NC what faction are you ?
    Vanu, couldn't pass up on the Scythe, looked to awesome.

Is there a superb fan site that outlines all the classes/faction specific whatevers for someone with no prior knowledge of PS1/2?

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Is there a superb fan site that outlines all the classes/faction specific whatevers for someone with no prior knowledge of PS1/2?
    Try this http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/PlanetSide_2

Why is the TR so popular? On my server, they pretty much own the entire land on two maps.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Why is the TR so popular? On my server, they pretty much own the entire land on two maps.
    no idea, same on my server.well last night my side (the purple people, dont remember name) controlled about 60% of the map, came on this morning and red has about 70% of the map suddenly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 07:36 PM ----------

ow, apparently my server is unavailable, what is this nonsense!
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    apparently my server is unavailable, what is this nonsense!
    Same for me...not played a shooter online for years and i was just starting to kill people when the servers went down for the second time tonight(uk)
    Checking their facebook page it would seem fairly common

Playing NC ! I've tried them all and I like their weapons the most <3 Vanus just feel too pewpewlazer and Terrans are borderline pewpew.
    Need to fire REAL BULLETS

TR all the way - love how game looks

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Was the same in Planetside, TR generally had the higher population yet were considered the underdogs a lot of the time because of the difference in faction-specific equipment. We're like vicious elmo ants swarming your smurf and barney picnics.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I was online for a bit after the patch today and there was some strange stuff going on. My whole squad was getting killed by a sniper we couldn't see. I was killed outside, in buildings, every where by the same guy over and over again. Also a friend and I were killed at a capture point by another person that we couldn't see. He was always on the point because it was always being capped to his side if we left, yet never there. Would just get instakilled from the same guy over and over.

I'm going to assume some people found a glitch and was exploiting it. Shorty after that the servers all went down.

Anyone else want SOE to add controller support?. Mouse and keyboard is never an acceptable control method for me when it comes to flying vehicles. For me it's just an overall better experience using a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Anyone else want SOE to add controller support?. Mouse and keyboard is never an acceptable control method for me when it comes to flying vehicles. For me it's just an overall better experience using a controller.
    I don't recommend it. You might find it slightly easier to control, but you won't be able to pull off some of the fancier manoeuvres that can win dogfights, you'll be torn to shreds by skilled pilots using the Mouse & Keyboard.

On that note, does anyone know how to max the vertical sensibility ?
    I maxed the "Flight sensibility" and it's fine to roll but when it comes to go up/down (litteraly, like pulling/pushing my mouse) on the axis, it's VERY slow compared to the other axis.

Edit: Rephrasing with proper vocabulary :

Roll is fine, pitch has an extremely low sens.
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2012-11-29 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    On that note, does anyone know how to max the vertical sensibility ?
    I maxed the "Flight sensibility" and it's fine to roll but when it comes to go up/down (litteraly, like pulling/pushing my mouse) on the axis, it's VERY slow compared to the other axis.

Edit: Rephrasing with proper vocabulary :

Roll is fine, pitch has an extremely low sens.
    Bind pitch up to a key, problem solved
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Busy downloading this now, looks awesome, are the battles really as big as they're made out to be ?

Apparently battles can take days or weeks to complete ?
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

I figured out if you bought 10k SC (50$) is enough to buy you best weapon for each class and also 2-3 vehicles weapons you like to use. especially guided air/ground missiles because mostly no one till now unlocked IR Flares so you are scoring like hell with both these rocket launchers