Poll: Your faction

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Why you can't disable things like shadows is beyond me. The graphical customization options are terrible -_-
    Can you force it through nVidia control panel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Can you force it through nVidia control panel?
    You can force it in the settings file.
    Just google planetside 2 disable shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    For anyone with performance/framerate problems:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...lutions.57732/

This has helped my friends quite a bit.
    Will definitely look into this when I get home tonight.

So, anything i should know before starting to play it? Just want to be surprised as this is the first ever MMOFPS i'll so i have skipped reading about the game. Is it F2P with vanity purchaseables or is it P2W? If it's P2W, is it really bad like "buy x and get god powers" or is it "buy x, get slightly more powerful then others" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    So, anything i should know before starting to play it? Just want to be surprised as this is the first ever MMOFPS i'll so i have skipped reading about the game. Is it F2P with vanity purchaseables or is it P2W? If it's P2W, is it really bad like "buy x and get god powers" or is it "buy x, get slightly more powerful then others" ?
    Stay away from TR. Seems like everyone and their mom plays on TR. What is the fun in winning all the time? At least that is how it is on my server.

Funny. It seems to me Vanu is the spam faction on my server. I'd wager the relative faction populations fluctuate quite a bit through the day.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Fortunately they made the game pay or grind, not p2win. All the weapons you can unlock for both station cash and ingame points. Upgrades for the weapons, like scopes and stuff you can only buy for ingame currency while skins for armor, weapons, vehicles are for station cash. Personally I hate p2win and games where subbing makes you much stronger than f2p members. I sub for this game to get extra xp and ingame points while playing, also I get to take part of daily special offers like buying a weapon for half the price station cash. I could however choose not to sub and still feel as competitive as any other player. You cant tell in game who is a subscriber and who isnt, only if they use different skins on their char that they might have bought for the station cash you get as a subscriber or if they just bought station cash. It's just a perfect model at this point =)

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL far range sniping has bullet drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    So I'm probably not gonna be able to run this on my 1gb ram laptop?
    You sir are correct

Deleted
    Double xp weekend, stacks with boosts

Log in stuck at 48%, I wonder if the servers are crashing because everyone wanting to play all of a sudden. Connery was a ghost town this morning.

Deleted
    Servers down atm
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...06-2012.61155/
    Shouldn't be much longer

Thought they came back up already since it was letting me log in at all.

Oooh! I am going to spend the weekend glued to my PC. My wife and cats are going to suffer D:
    I'm still thinking about it...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So weird. I've been trying to download the game through Steam on several attempts now and every time I starts to download I get a BSOD. I bought and downloaded the entire Humble Bundle today with zero issues and can play other games till I fall over dead with no problems...but for some reason PS2+Steam=BSOD every time.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID:

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 0000000000000331
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000001
    BCP4: FFFFF8800475076E
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

Even tried completely erasing it and starting over and I still get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally are 3 'problems' for bsod.

Either your RAM has issues.
    HDD / SSD has issues.
    Or the program is being stupid and writing stuff into RAM where it's not supposed to.

Since it's downloading, does your HDD / SSD have any issues?
    In terms of downloading from Steam, all I know really is that there is a temp folder with an address assigned to the program in which it is downloaded to, and then moved from there to the steamapps folder.

If it's a software side thing, can't really do anything other than wait for a patch to roll out.

Everyone enjoying double exp? My certs/hour hasn't actually changed much, amazingly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Everyone enjoying double exp? My certs/hour hasn't actually changed much, amazingly enough.
    Really? I'm gaining like 80 cert per hour. =\ (Well in large scale snipe fest)

I'm a pilot, thankless job. Apparently the only way to farm certs reliably is to be a sniper, hilariously the most useless job for the empire =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm a pilot, thankless job. Apparently the only way to farm certs reliably is to be a sniper, hilariously the most useless job for the empire =p
    I got nearly 200 in an hour earlier by spawning sundies and following the zerg as a medic, but that's with the double xp and alpha boost. I'd say I probably average about 60-70 an hour in total though.

*edit* On a side note I really hope they change the medic tool so you don't have to unclick and click again to heal someone after you revive them, especially seeing as 90% of people run away the moment they get up.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-12-09 at 04:13 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.