Poll: Your faction

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    I tried singing up on their site, it gives me error when choosing Serbia. Worked with every other country I tried.

I like The Vanu Sovereignty for their superior technology.

Ja nisam imao nikakvih problema kad sam se registrovao na sajtu, a stavio sam Serbia.
    Mindless...

Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    Ja nisam imao nikakvih problema kad sam se registrovao na sajtu, a stavio sam Serbia.
    Uspeo sam i ja upravo. Pre nesto nije htelo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Will prob still need to purchase the game code, then instead of subs it is free to play from there onwards.
    Opposite. No purchase price but they will likely have a tiered membership program like they do with EQ2/DCUO (free players, "silver" players who have purchased something in game, and "gold" players who are currently subscribing to the game) is the most likely method of monetizing the game.

For those of you interested, there will be a live streaming of Planetside 2 with new game-play footage with Matt Higby (Creative Director for Planetside 2) and Totalbiscuit which can be found here starting in 10 minutes, enjoy!

http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit
    Last edited by Drdigit; 2012-05-31 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Opposite. No purchase price but they will likely have a tiered membership program like they do with EQ2/DCUO (free players, "silver" players who have purchased something in game, and "gold" players who are currently subscribing to the game) is the most likely method of monetizing the game.
    Interesting point. I'd definitely be keen on a subscription option if one was avaliable, maybe something like bolstering the rate at which you aquire the resources used to upgrade equipment. As long as its nothing over the top like making all equipment/vehicle spawning free etc.

On a side note, one vehicle im looking forward to getting my hands on and customizing is the Deliverer.. loved the TR version in #1.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

So with the introduction of hit boxes, can/should pilots be sniped out of vehicles? Also Should a max unit be able to recieve a head shot? Personally I love flying vehicles and I feel that headshots are a necassary evil. Does anyone know if this is the case or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    I was a proud member of Ghosts of the Revolution, a military-style VS outfit in PS1.

I used to fly the Galaxies for our Thursday "raid nights." Deploy my squad over the target base, land nearby, and set up shop w/ all sorts of engineering defenses.

I CANNOT WAIT for Planet Side 2. Vanu for life (because we all know the Magrider is the best tank in the game).
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Yeah, I'm seriously looking forward to running with my old mates from PS1. Played with a small spec-ops group, but we had our fun. Next week is going to be real big for Planetside 2, they have a few hundred person battle planned to show just a fraction of the scale to the public, going to be epic. Oh and Toxigen, the Magriders are the best...best target practice for the TR Prowlers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdigit View Post
    Oh and Toxigen, the Magriders are the best...best target practice for the TR Prowlers!
    Seconded. They always made such beautiful rubble .

I was an original member of Outcasters on Werner TR, will most likely join back up with them for #2.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Man, female characters don't have hooker armor.

My fanservice ;_;

Deleted
    I'm somewhat concerned about how the servers will hold up...
    They may have experience in the past but it seems like ALOT of strain with that many people/physics etc, especially at the start until the population settles down.

TB's most recent video got me so pumped
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

Deleted
    I'm in desperate need of this game. I'm currently playing Tribes:Ascend, but it's just a shadow of the previous games so it barely quenches my thirst for some good futuristic shooter. Planet Side 2 is the answer to my prayers _(._.)_

Anyone know when the beta will start?

E3 is going on right now so they will be able to get alot of data and feed back from that and then they will have some work to do and then I can imagine they would start opening beta up shortly after that, so I can imagine the beta being released in the middle of summer some time, but that is sheer speculation, also im sure that TB and this forum will Ignite as soon as the first email goes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallus View Post
    Anyone know when the beta will start?
    Soon™ .

Just had a weekend back on the original and I must say, still VERY impressed. I played the original back from it's release but moved on other things and left it, missing the expansions etc.
    Having spent this last weekend on it I can happily say it's still kicking in it's original form. They could litterally re-skin the original, tidy up a few of the games systems and re-release it to massive FPS dominance, almost genre defining dominance. With the time spent and extra thought layered in (if they've done it right) this will be a MASSIVE game.

I did a weekend of galaxy gunship/tank column/foot zerg/maxx crashing fun with a fairly decent outfit. A good 100ish ppl per side in each fight with various "front lines" going on in various places. I'm now COMPLETELY stoked for planetside 2, will be feeding the need with PS1 until beta/release
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    I also took me time to play the old Planetside (1) last weekend, and even if my old server didnt exist anymore my characters still lived, and I had a couple of hours of real fun.
    I was amazed how many players was playing and it almost got up to par with the good old times. I guess the hype for Planetside 2 brings people back to Planetside (1), and also the rumors that people with active Planetside (1) accounts will get beta invites first?

I havnt been so exited about a game in many years. I really SOE dont blow it....