Poll: Your faction

Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I wish there was a way to refund all your certs o you can spend them in other things. I bought land mines for engineer. Waste of points. I didn't think I would have to replace my ammo box with the land mines. I thought it replaced the grenade. It just takes forever to get certs.. At least for me and things are so expensive.
    Pro tip for the ammo box. Pull out your mana turret on 5 and press B. Free ammo box.

Deleted
    I think there will be ways to change cert points spending in the future, just hang in there =)

Btw 3 new video teasers today:

http://planetside2.eu/teasers/130-time-to-decide

Vanu sure look as epic as they are, and they honestly should nerf NC music

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the 2nd C4 brick didn't cost so much. One brick can be useful, but it only destroys MAXs. You need 2 bricks to destroy a tank and 700 certs takes a long time to get. That, or they need to cost less in resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Unfortunately for people with inferior CPUs, it infact IS broken and is supposed to be fixed. Also I doubt it's as much about the processor as it is about server lag, if they increased the threshold for dynamic server rendering.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-6-2012.61400/

"In addition we will be making big improvements in the infantry render distance issue. We get that it isn't good sometimes so this will be a big improvement."

I realize the game is demanding, but <30m render distance for infantry in big fights is absolutely gamebreaking. If you're flying an A2G specialized aircraft be prepared to park your plane on the ground before the game even renders infantry. Camping Biolab entrance, can't even see people on the flightpad just a few meters away.
    Well, it's more intensive to the server by a lot as opposed to ours. To keep up with 3 worlds and the constant changing of various things + the fact there's bullet travel / drop makes it so there needs to be more objects to track and such.
    One thing that can help for pretty much everyone is to remove the bullet travel / objects. Makes it a lot easier on the cpu and in essence the server. It is however a cheap way out, and optimization for a game isn't so easy.
    Guess we'll see.
    Though I've never seen 30m render distance, /shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Pro tip for the ammo box. Pull out your mana turret on 5 and press B. Free ammo box.
    Welp... maybe leveling engineering other than ammo box has it's uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Though I've never seen 30m render distance, /shrug.
    I've seen it down to maybe 40M or so during a few of the pitched battles for smaller outposts. It's super jarring to just have shit appear like right next to you. You see a line of your guys but they're not shooting at anything, you make it to the line and all of a sudden VEHICLES AND INFANTRY EVERYWHERE, SHOOTING AT YOU!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I've seen it down to maybe 40M or so during a few of the pitched battles for smaller outposts. It's super jarring to just have shit appear like right next to you. You see a line of your guys but they're not shooting at anything, you make it to the line and all of a sudden VEHICLES AND INFANTRY EVERYWHERE, SHOOTING AT YOU!
    RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Next time I should check my CPU usage when I play PS2. Bet it goes insane.

Deleted
    It's only really an issue on bases like the crown on indar... it's a sweet base for infiltrators but with players dissapearing even though they are there makes it tricky to kill them. Also you see people just shooting randomly and hope they will hit something somewhere. Sure, it's understandable why they are doing it since there are sometimes so many players fighting in same base, but it's also understandable if people stop playing the game because of this... unfortunately

Deleted
    I wish the 2nd C4 brick didn't cost so much. One brick can be useful, but it only destroys MAXs. You need 2 bricks to destroy a tank and 700 certs takes a long time to get. That, or they need to cost less in resources.
    Nah, you don't. Armour affects the damage C4 does, so put it on the back of the vehicle, there is less armour there. It'll one-shot most tanks, except the Vanguard, and it'll take the Sunderer down to the red health and on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone noticed those ridiculous running bugs yet? I laugh every time when I see those, legs moving like in cartoons. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4Qjbj8Y7k

Here is one example, but I've seen the legs go way crazier than that few times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Anyone noticed those ridiculous running bugs yet? I laugh every time when I see those, legs moving like in cartoons. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4Qjbj8Y7k

Here is one example, but I've seen the legs go way crazier than that few times.
    Oh yes. This patch has seemed to add more glitches than it fixed. If I change to Heavy Assault, then change back to Light Assault, my jetpack no longer works. As in, I straight up cannot activate it. Fell to my death so many times because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Oh yes. This patch has seemed to add more glitches than it fixed. If I change to Heavy Assault, then change back to Light Assault, my jetpack no longer works. As in, I straight up cannot activate it. Fell to my death so many times because of that.
    Oh that's when that happens! I got that once too.

So far, I've been in "the restricted area" and killed myself about 5 times already while flying my Scythe. If you get that warning, your only change for survival is to exit the plane and hope you managed to get close enough to the ground before it explodes. Always happens in random places, can't figure it out at all what causes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh that's when that happens! I got that once too.

So far, I've been in "the restricted area" and killed myself about 5 times already while flying my Scythe. If you get that warning, your only change for survival is to exit the plane and hope you managed to get close enough to the ground before it explodes. Always happens in random places, can't figure it out at all what causes this.
    Not sure what it is and i've had it in tanks as well...might be something to do with shielded bases and the shield generators getting repaired while you are in the area.
    They have apparently fixed the running animation bug earlier today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody know if any of the EU servers are more populated than the others?
    Also is there any advice somebody could give on ways to find a decent Outfit?

Kinda trying to start playing it again, may go NC .
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-15 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Everyone writes about 3xSC on friday 21st, but I cant find any official information about this. Anyone can link the official announcement to confirm it's actually happen?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 02:01 PM ----------

Ah and also, seems hard to find but does anyone know if the offer will happen in EU as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Everyone writes about 3xSC on friday 21st, but I cant find any official information about this. Anyone can link the official announcement to confirm it's actually happen?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 02:01 PM ----------

Ah and also, seems hard to find but does anyone know if the offer will happen in EU as well?
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...2-21-12.67228/

There. It was apparently confirmed on Twitter by the President of SOE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...2-21-12.67228/

There. It was apparently confirmed on Twitter by the President of SOE.
    Ah thanks!
    Now just see if Prosieben will let us EU players have the same deal, might be easier said then done. Sent a ticket but had turkish options for some reason even if I tried to swap to english so no idea if it ended up in right place. Tried to see how other sony games prosieben handles had it before but hard to find info there as well, only place was DC universe but it seems to have converted to prosieben this summer so they had sony offer last year.
    So well, anyone else got more info for us EU folks?

Imo they really need to reduce the Cert costs by A LOT, atm I have little motivation to play because because stuff just takes forever to unlock.
    1000c for a weapon is just ridiculous, hell even 500c takes incredibly long.

Triple station cash sale, yay! Totally gonna drop some cash for that, it's been a while since I bought some things in SoE games.

Deleted
    For fuck sake, Prosieben 1's entire purpose as the EU servers manager was to offer more payment options to their specific countries, but they don't take Maestro. Bloody hell, even Blizzard took Maestro. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah I know it's my fault for losing my password, but SOE's account recovery seems a little slow for me.
    I put in my e-mail to recover my info and so far I've got no automated response telling me my stuff for well over 9 hours now and they have a lock on account recovery of 24 hours .

I was rather looking forward to playing again .