Poll: Your faction

Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Huge battles are becoming more and more common now that we have a larger player-base; last night I was running with about 9 of my mates and we stumbled over a Vanu Sovereignty tank column of about 20 tanks, which we proceeded to distract until our armour and air could come in and help us out. Good times!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, the scale of the battles in Planetside 2 really sets it apart.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    There is still pretty much to do, but hopefully we see it in full version this year.

The NDA has been lifted now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    There is still pretty much to do, but hopefully we see it in full version this year.

The NDA has been lifted now?
    A few days ago yeah.

Amazing game, even in it's beta state. Love it. Love how much potential it has.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Aww, schucks. There are people streaming it now.... there goes my free time http://www.twitch.tv/directory/PlanetSide%202

Deleted
    So major FPS problems though ;/

Barely 30 fps with a ATI radeon 6870 + amd phenom 2 x4 965 @3,4ghz

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    <3 I recommend this game to ANY FPS player out there.
    I'll surely try this out. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh yeah, the scale of the battles in Planetside 2 really sets it apart.
    I watched its trailer, and if its true that you can have hundreds or thousands at each side,, well this game will shrink all existing MMOFPS out there

I played the original Planetside as a TR "character" named Matrix on the European server Werner. I loved that game, and only stopped playing it because WoW was released. I will try out Planetside 2 for sure!

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 06:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kurtkumru View Post
    I watched its trailer, and if its true that you can have hundreds or thousands at each side,, well this game will shrink all existing MMOFPS out there
    Funny thing, it actually could have 300vs300vs300 back when I played it, almost 10 years ago something no other game have achieved since without MASSIVE lag (wow cant even handle 100 at same area).

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    this game really got into my nerve.. and I really wanted to play it,, but but but i have no keys.... T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Drdigit View Post
    Huge battles are becoming more and more common now that we have a larger player-base; last night I was running with about 9 of my mates and we stumbled over a Vanu Sovereignty tank column of about 20 tanks, which we proceeded to distract until our armour and air could come in and help us out. Good times!
    gives me chills men...

Deleted
    1.2gb patch today, changed a few things.
    Mostly vehicles as far as I can tell.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 06:32 PM ----------

If anyone was looking to get into beta/going to purchase things ingame anyway.

http://www.planetside2.com/alpha-squad

Okay, finally found a 'flaw' in the game. I went afk, today (for 8hrs) and got a ton of Cert points and the xp lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Okay, finally found a 'flaw' in the game. I went afk, today (for 8hrs) and got a ton of Cert points and the xp lol.
    You get cert points even while offline, and yeah being afk gets you Auraxium, needs to be fixed somehow but not really an issue yet as chars will be wiped and can't buy things with station cash yet.

Deleted
    How grindy would you say the game is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How grindy would you say the game is?
    In my opinion it isnt grindy at all, it isnt like Blacklight: Retribution where in order to play well you need 'this this and this' everyone starts on the same level and most of what you start with is some of the best stuff. Playing more does give you minor bonus as you can customize yourself a little more, but it isnt massive.

But to me its only grindy if i feel i have to play when i dont want to, in order to keep up with everyone else. You can play this game 1hr a week and have as much fun as anyone else. But good luck logging out of this game after an hour lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody tell me, why 50% of the time I spawn, I can´t see my weapons and its impossible to hit anything with the weapon when I can´t even see the iron sight when I use it? the guns just disappear.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-09-09 at 11:11 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Can somebody tell me, why 50% of the time I spawn, I can´t see my weapons and its impossible to hit anything with the weapon when I can´t even see the iron sight when I use it? the guns just disappear.
    Yip.. because it's beta report it.