Poll: Your faction

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing it atm, its an alright game, and you can have a lot of fun, but for me I can only play this whilst playing with friends. Don't think I could bother with it if I was playing this alone.

I tried Infiltrating bases with a pistol and my cloak. DAMN, the Terran pistol is badass up-close. It just chews up anyone less tough than a Heavy Assault. So sad the ammo pool for it is so small, although I suppose I could always hack Infantry terminals to resupply.

Still, I'm going to try using the short-ranged Bolt-action sniper. The default 6x scope on the default rifle is mighty fine when you're on a hill overlooking the point, but it's really hard to use while you're trying to stay reasonably close to your squad. I keep wishing the default sniper had the option for 2x reflex sights.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Hi all

Here is a question I must ask have you brought any SC? if yes how many and what did you buy? also have you gone with a membership? or do you have both please answer as I don't know which to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamblue View Post
    Hi all

Here is a question I must ask have you brought any SC? if yes how many and what did you buy? also have you gone with a membership? or do you have both please answer as I don't know which to do
    First I bought the "Alpha Squad" during the Beta, with it it came a few weapons, a camo, and 4000 station cash. After playing a day I also got "Premium Membership", with that comes 500 SC every month.

Spent less than half of it on a new weapon for my engineer (Battle Rifle Warden), a 150mm AP main gun for Vanguard (was the deal of the day, so half price) and a new secondary gun to the Vanguard (Walker).

Will most likely buy another Scattergun for MAX.

Think that most things you can buy for SC is a bit overpriced, but then again, the game is free so you can afford spending av few buck on things that you really want. So far I havnt bought and extra station cash, but I will most likely do that when mine is starting to run out.

Good that you cant buy everything with SC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    First I bought the "Alpha Squad" during the Beta, with it it came a few weapons, a camo, and 4000 station cash. After playing a day I also got "Premium Membership", with that comes 500 SC every month.

Spent less than half of it on a new weapon for my engineer (Battle Rifle Warden), a 150mm AP main gun for Vanguard (was the deal of the day, so half price) and a new secondary gun to the Vanguard (Walker).

Will most likely buy another Scattergun for MAX.

Think that most things you can buy for SC is a bit overpriced, but then again, the game is free so you can afford spending av few buck on things that you really want. So far I havnt bought and extra station cash, but I will most likely do that when mine is starting to run out.

Good that you cant buy everything with SC.
    Quite honestly, anything that actually helps you the most, is the attachment and suit upgrades and such, which are all by certs, which you can't buy.

I just came here to say that TR guns are way to op.

that is all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    There's a trial thing for about 30 min, can't remember exactly where but it's some blue button as you go through the buying process.
    oh awesome thanks

Anyone knows any organised English speaking EU outfit to join that follows orders and works together ?

Playing as Light Assault on TR, one issue I come across is I will start shooting someone, hit them lots and they won't die, they proceed to shoot me and I die a second later. Anyone else get this?

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to FPS, as I haven't played one for a long time, so I accept that's part of the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Playing as Light Assault on TR, one issue I come across is I will start shooting someone, hit them lots and they won't die, they proceed to shoot me and I die a second later. Anyone else get this?

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to FPS, as I haven't played one for a long time, so I accept that's part of the issue.
    Shots deal more damage when you get a headshot, could that have been what happened? Been picking people of from 100% to dead in a single shot while sniping aiming for that. If none of the above things like heavy assualt/max can take getting hit more then other's.

I played this game the entire weekend. I even became a subscriber to it. My favorite class is the battle medic followed by the infiltrator. Max is a lot of fun if well equipped. I got both AA guns for it and I was able to clear the sky in seconds. I was taken down when about 5 or 6 planes decided to flood me but I did manage to take one down.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    I installed it yesterday to give it a try.

In the start I got really confused since I got deployed right in a battlefield when I started the game with my new created character. I saw people running in to some kind of base, and they didn't shoot me while running past so it was obvious to me that I was with them.

In the start I had problem to see who was with me, and who my enemy was, so I pretty much ran around shooting things that looked suspicious and/or red. Apparently the Terran faction are red, but it took me a while to understand that...

After some time I died and spawned in some kind of HQ, and there I found out that I could change profession. I fell in love with the MAX armour or whatever it was named, the really heavy armoured machine-gun wielding thing.

I'm still really confused with the game, but it's fun from time to time. But I get the feeling that there are many hackers that play those sniper guys, since I got instant killed by thoseby just sticking my head out from a corner.

Overall, pretty fun, and a cool game, but very confusing. I got a lot to learn if I want to continue playing it.

Deleted
    Getting pretty annoyed with Vanu owning atleast 50% of two or all three continents. The Magrider and Scythe are just too good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Getting pretty annoyed with Vanu owning atleast 50% of two or all three continents. The Magrider and Scythe are just too good.
    The Magrider I could give you, but the Scythe?

It hasn't got the turning speed, fire-power or acceleration of the other two, about the only area it excels in is breaking quickly and I suppose hovering. Any Air-support in general isn't powerful enough to warrant control of the continents, AA counters aircraft a bit too hard at the moment, couple that with the fact that dogfights are just people spinning in circles trying to spot each other long enough to get a few shots off.

Deleted
    Anyone else who joined vanu only for dem musics?

Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    Anyone else who joined vanu only for dem musics?
    Yeap.

I like the TR music a bit more but the scythes were to great to give up

10+ Year Old Account
    I'v been playing since first alpha wave and I must say that I'v gotten really bored of the game already...

You mean reaver to good? Reaver has the most maneuverability of any of the assault air vehicles.

Reaver = Tank pusher

Mosquito = Air pusher

Scythe = pew pewlazerz

I play vs...

Magrider gets crushed by vanguards. The only tank thats shit right now is prowler because it lacks the mobility & the power. Only thing going for it is RoF.

10+ Year Old Account
    WAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Fear our lasers.
    I still can't pilot air for shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    I installed it yesterday to give it a try.

In the start I got really confused since I got deployed right in a battlefield when I started the game with my new created character. I saw people running in to some kind of base, and they didn't shoot me while running past so it was obvious to me that I was with them.

In the start I had problem to see who was with me, and who my enemy was, so I pretty much ran around shooting things that looked suspicious and/or red. Apparently the Terran faction are red, but it took me a while to understand that...

After some time I died and spawned in some kind of HQ, and there I found out that I could change profession. I fell in love with the MAX armour or whatever it was named, the really heavy armoured machine-gun wielding thing.

I'm still really confused with the game, but it's fun from time to time. But I get the feeling that there are many hackers that play those sniper guys, since I got instant killed by thoseby just sticking my head out from a corner.

Overall, pretty fun, and a cool game, but very confusing. I got a lot to learn if I want to continue playing it.
    It needs a tutorial or something quite honestly. Right now it's just jump in and figure it out along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I just came here to say that TR guns are way to op.

that is all...
    They're all the same, just the starting guns for the factions are different. They all have the same ones otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Magrider gets crushed by vanguards. The only tank thats shit right now is prowler because it lacks the mobility & the power. Only thing going for it is RoF.
    It's not shit it's called variety, it was the exact same difference in Planetside. I've taken on 3 vanguards at the same time in my prowler and beaten them with ease, the prowler is the middle ground being more agile than the vanguard and harder hitting than the mag. They've actually recreated the strengths and weaknesses of the tanks pretty well (apart from the lack of water for the mag to take advantage of).
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.