Poll: Your faction

Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    You mean reaver to good? Reaver has the most maneuverability of any of the assault air vehicles.
    I think you mean Reaver has the least maneuverability. Scythe has the most, whereas Mosquito has the highest top-speed.

Steam client for this "game" is following in EA's SWTOR fail footsteps of not allowing Chinese access. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Steam client for this "game" is following in EA's SWTOR fail footsteps of not allowing Chinese access. Pathetic.
    There's generally legal reasons for that. I don't think China is technically allowed on any global clients actually >.>

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    There's generally legal reasons for that. I don't think China is technically allowed on any global clients actually >.>
    The launcher with the Chinese language option would say otherwise. SWTOR also refused to admit they blocked Chinese connections. Hopefully this is only a temporary issue.

Note trying to login with Mandarin selected also fails.
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-11-26 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    The launcher with the Chinese language option would say otherwise. SWTOR also refused to admit they blocked Chinese connections. Hopefully this is only a temporary issue.

Note trying to login with Mandarin selected also fails.
    Maybe there's a separate client that you can't get through Steam?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    The Magrider I could give you, but the Scythe?

It hasn't got the turning speed, fire-power or acceleration of the other two, about the only area it excels in is breaking quickly and I suppose hovering. Any Air-support in general isn't powerful enough to warrant control of the continents, AA counters aircraft a bit too hard at the moment, couple that with the fact that dogfights are just people spinning in circles trying to spot each other long enough to get a few shots off.
    I get outmanouvered by Scythes, but I have no trouble getting away from or turning a dogfight against the NC flyer.

AA counters too hard? Not the case. If you have 5-6 Liberators with the big 105 mm gun, they will brutalize everything on the ground and there's fuckall the ground troops can do about it. Usually we can get a TR air zerg going every now and then, and nothing can defend against it.

I was one of probably 7 or 8 MAX suits with dual AA guns trying to defend the Crown earlier tonight, and it was impossible, we got torn to bits.
    Lightning with Skyguard can't take a damn worth of damage, the aim is really off and the damage is weaker than the MAX AA guns -and- the range is much shorter.
    Scythes with air-to-ground pods are monsters, those pods do so much damage. Whilst I in a Mosquito have to unload half my rockets or more to kill infantry.

I also feel that the main weapon for TR Heavy Assault is quite bad, much worse than both the VS and NC equivalents because the first bullets are really off-target and they when they do hit they aren't hitting hard enough.

I also feel that the TR MAX suit is worse off than the other two. I can get infantry kills with dual Pounders, but I have to literally hit people in the face with them to do so. Quite decent against tanks though, but I can't really stand toe-to-toe with a tank long enough, the Heavy Assault has much greater mobility and is better against vehicles.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    WAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Fear our lasers.
    I still can't pilot air for shit.
    It needs a tutorial or something quite honestly. Right now it's just jump in and figure it out along the way.
    They're all the same, just the starting guns for the factions are different. They all have the same ones otherwise.
    What are you talking about? Quite sure there are more unique guns than similar guns.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    You mean reaver to good? Reaver has the most maneuverability of any of the assault air vehicles.

Reaver = Tank pusher

Mosquito = Air pusher

Scythe = pew pewlazerz

I play vs...

Magrider gets crushed by vanguards. The only tank thats shit right now is prowler because it lacks the mobility & the power. Only thing going for it is RoF.
    Prowler can be fun against infantry, 2 HE rounds is boss to have.
    Magriders being crushed though? Only in close quarters. Much like in beta, I see Magriders being used as artillery rather than as tanks pushing a front. And why not? They have extreme accuracy and manouverability, easily dodging shots from a long distance and responding to said shots at the same time.
    It's almost a requirement for Heavy Assault to have heatseeking rockets so Magriders won't dodge your rockets.

Scythe maneuverability is top of the line, a good Scythe pilot is damn near impossible to beat in a one on one dogfight. I haven't lost to a reaver yet, on the other hand, all they know how to do is stall out which is insanely easy to predict (since that's all they do) and follow up. The scythe has so many more options to peel people that it's really no contest. The reaver is a lot scarier to ground units, though, I believe. I still love my mosquito the best.

The prowler sucks though, no doubt. Not good for much other than stomping infantry, the heat is too inaccurate for anything medium-long range so unless you want to spend certs and dedicate yourself to being a driver you should do something else...

Deleted
    a good Scythe pilot is damn near impossible to beat in a one on one dogfight.
    I'm a pretty shit pilot then, I lose dogfights 100% of the time. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    I need to install this.

Planetside was my first MMO (I was in the original beta) and I loved it to death even though I was awful at it. Fast-forward 9 years and I'm actually decent at FPS games now, so this should be a lot of fun.

Edit: How is the population balance, anywho? It was almost always TR > VS > NC at like 36%, 33%, 30%. Sometimes VS and TR would swap, but NC was always dead last in population.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-11-26 at 10:39 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I'm a pretty shit pilot then, I lose dogfights 100% of the time. :/
    Have you checked out streams of scythe pilots? I learned a lot about being a mosquito from watching other people, especially how to handle reavers and scythes. I still have huge issues with scythes and no issues with reavers, though. As someone who never watches other people play video games, I can safely say that planetside 2 is fun to watch on its own :x

Deleted
    are servers down or something? i just downloaded it from steam, when i open the game it says "launchpad was unable to connect"

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 11:19 PM ----------

also, trying to create an account, why on the list of countries is UK not an option? neither is England, Britain or GB. what am i suppose to select?! am i forgetting another name for this country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I need to install this.

Planetside was my first MMO (I was in the original beta) and I loved it to death even though I was awful at it. Fast-forward 9 years and I'm actually decent at FPS games now, so this should be a lot of fun.

Edit: How is the population balance, anywho? It was almost always TR > VS > NC at like 36%, 33%, 30%. Sometimes VS and TR would swap, but NC was always dead last in population.
    As far as I'm aware it seems fine for a few, but my server has NC more than the others, despite them losing more territory for some reason.

Deleted
    can anyone tell me how i can play this? :\ managed to finally make my account, but still client doesn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    can anyone tell me how i can play this? :\ managed to finally make my account, but still client doesn't work.
    Did you make an Eu account?

Furthermore did you download the Eu client?

Edit: http://www.planetside2.eu/

From there essentially. To explain, SOE have passed control of the Eu servers to some German company with a less than strong approval rating. So really, just create your account, download the Eu client and pray you never have to interact with them on much of a level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I need to install this.

So far on woodman (EU) the population seems to be around 33% all during the day and at night the TR go to like 36-37% so on average a quite balanced server.

There is no way to defend base!! If they have sunderer deployed in secure place and the swarms of enemies coming out of it endlessly can't be stopped at certain point. The only way to get a base back is to wait for them to move to another area and then capture it back with light resistance. This need to be addressed because this defeat the purpose of defending a base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    There is no way to defend base!! If they have sunderer deployed in secure place and the swarms of enemies coming out of it endlessly can't be stopped at certain point. The only way to get a base back is to wait for them to move to another area and then capture it back with light resistance. This need to be addressed because this defeat the purpose of defending a base.
    Not really imo, so long as people are actually rocketing the sunderers, they have no ability to stay deployed there.
    We've successfully defended areas just because people were finding and destroying the sunderers. I sit there and repair em if needs be, but the sunderers are pretty squishy if you have just 2-3 people shooting it with rockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not really imo, so long as people are actually rocketing the sunderers, they have no ability to stay deployed there.
    We've successfully defended areas just because people were finding and destroying the sunderers. I sit there and repair em if needs be, but the sunderers are pretty squishy if you have just 2-3 people shooting it with rockets.
    Sundies should be a pretty high priority target for anything in the Air too, besides the strategic importance they're normally surrounded by people so it's like shooting fish* in a barrel.

*fish with rocket launchers.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

15+ Year Old Account
    planetside 2 is falling into the trap that WWIIOnline had. it will eventually go into what i call Pre-Camps. what i mean by that is, since you spawn in 1 building what enemy forces will eventually do is go to a base, set up camp then proceed to capture the place, this means people spawning to defend the place will be already camped when they try to leave the spawn building.

They should have really added Dynamic Spawning, where when you spawn you spawn in a random location so enemies cant just set up and camp players all day(or atleast until the base is taken)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    That's not true at all, if you play it well and think for a moment a base infiltration like that can be stopped by using a liberator or any aircraft. Grab a bunch of tanks and push back. All of these work easily. The key to base defend is be at a base with a platoon / squad that is being guided not some randoms stuff. That will never work in a ps2 lonewolfing/randoms.