Poll: Your faction

Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Sigh, I haven´t played the game in a while and now I just started again.
    Last time I played I bought the Breaker rocket pods for the Reaver and I thought I would get them when I logged out and back in etc, but I never logged back in after buying them.
    So now I logged in and see that I don´t actually have the pods, I was like "huh I must have not bought them or something"... well so I bought them again, now that´s 1400 credits gone of my 4000 that I had, and I still have no fucking Breaker rocket pods, can´t find them in my Reaver loadout, even if I logout and back in, no pods.... so I just wasted 1400 credits (about 14$) on NOTHING.... now I´m 2 pissed off to play the game.

And in the store it says "Unlock Breaker Rockets"..... yeah.... fuck that.
    Have you tried contacting support?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Spot on, that's why I love my little elmo army so much. It's also funny to hear smurfs say TR are pointless when we owned 70% of the maps with 32% of the population yesterday on Miller.
    Yeah, you own the 70% no one cares about
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    At ceres server maps has shrunk. Vanu owns pretty much all of esamir, my favourite map but enemies please come back =) And amerish was just population empty overall. So indar was the only map with real big battles going on. Dont know if it's better in the weekends perhaps? Esamir was alive and kicking just some weeks ago :P
    Only thing that's a shame with this game, they cant add new maps l

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    At ceres server maps has shrunk. Vanu owns pretty much all of esamir, my favourite map but enemies please come back =) And amerish was just population empty overall. So indar was the only map with real big battles going on. Dont know if it's better in the weekends perhaps? Esamir was alive and kicking just some weeks ago :P
    They are adding new maps later, still sorting out the base game for now

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy first as a f2p light assault? I was first going for c4 first since I enjoy sneaking behind the enemy and tanks can be a pain to deal with.

I acquire certs incredibly slow since I don't play that much but what do you guys suggest that might help out the most?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a chance to play with the new Game Update yet, but I've heard it's pretty glitchy. Things like vehicles disappearing when you exit them and getting suicided because you're in a "Restricted Area" when you're clearly now. Anyone had big problems with the patch so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    No one likes Esamir because there is one tech plant on the entire continent, which means if you try to invade an enemy faction (seems to be VS on almost every server - probably because the magrider is broken as hell) they will have MBTs and you will not for basically the entirety of your invasion.

Also, TR seem to do well on many servers because they are the highest population faction. This was true in PS1 and the "TR zerg" is a common joke among all 3 factions. It has less to do with them having better equipment and more to do with them flooding enemy facilities. I experience this every day as a TR player, we lose territory to both factions all day until a big group of 450 people get together to go rampage across the continent. The second they leave, however, we lose all our territory in an hour. It's not uncommon for us to capture Amerish, everyone goes to Esamir, and Amerish is recaptured by NC less than 90 minutes later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy first as a f2p light assault? I was first going for c4 first since I enjoy sneaking behind the enemy and tanks can be a pain to deal with.

I acquire certs incredibly slow since I don't play that much but what do you guys suggest that might help out the most?
    Well, you should scoop up all of the 1 cert upgrades first... because they're 1 cert. Saving up 200 certs for C4 and neglecting everything else seems like a bad idea, but then again I've heard jetpacks are bugged and I remember a buddy saying his bugged and he couldn't even USE his jetpack.

I know that I stopped putting points into tools and stuff on my medic long enough to get the 2x reflex sight for my rifle, made a world of difference for only 30 certs.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Infantry render distance still not fixed. BLEH
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Infantry render distance still not fixed. BLEH
    It's not something to fix, when it's not broken as far as I know. It's limited to compensate for the part where your processor doesn't explode into millions of bits. (Also known as not everyone has the same computer specs). Due this, they need to have everyone on the same playing field, thus render distance gets set by the server determined by the population density in a location.

It would be pretty unfair if people could see you before you could see them just because their computer cost twice as much. That would be a quite route to a pay to win game, wouldn't it?

If you mean aircraft render distance, I agree, getting killed by burster MAX units you can't even see is the most annoying thing in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not something to fix, when it's not broken as far as I know. It's limited to compensate for the part where your processor doesn't explode into millions of bits. (Also known as not everyone has the same computer specs). Due this, they need to have everyone on the same playing field, thus render distance gets set by the server determined by the population density in a location.
    Unfortunately for people with inferior CPUs, it infact IS broken and is supposed to be fixed. Also I doubt it's as much about the processor as it is about server lag, if they increased the threshold for dynamic server rendering.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-6-2012.61400/

"In addition we will be making big improvements in the infantry render distance issue. We get that it isn't good sometimes so this will be a big improvement."

I realize the game is demanding, but <30m render distance for infantry in big fights is absolutely gamebreaking. If you're flying an A2G specialized aircraft be prepared to park your plane on the ground before the game even renders infantry. Camping Biolab entrance, can't even see people on the flightpad just a few meters away.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-12-13 at 09:44 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted

I realize the game is demanding, but <30m render distance in big fights is absolutely gamebreaking.
    Agree, its almost impossible to play a infiltrator at those times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    They are adding new maps later, still sorting out the base game for now
    I hope not actually, seems hard enough to get more than one map going at this point, add another map and people would be even more spread out =( I like big battles

Unfortunately for people with inferior CPUs, it infact IS broken and is supposed to be fixed. Also I doubt it's as much about the processor as it is about server lag, if they increased the threshold for dynamic server rendering.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-6-2012.61400/

"In addition we will be making big improvements in the infantry render distance issue. We get that it isn't good sometimes so this will be a big improvement."

I realize the game is demanding, but <30m render distance for infantry in big fights is absolutely gamebreaking. If you're flying an A2G specialized aircraft be prepared to park your plane on the ground before the game even renders infantry. Camping Biolab entrance, can't even see people on the flightpad just a few meters away.
    Same goes for tanks. Nothing like trying to flank the enemy tanks in a big battle, and suddenly being surrounded by infantry who render in. But hey, they can see you in the tank a mile away!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It would be pretty unfair if people could see you before you could see them just because their computer cost twice as much. That would be a quite route to a pay to win game, wouldn't it?

If you mean aircraft render distance, I agree, getting killed by burster MAX units you can't even see is the most annoying thing in the game!
    This was a huge problem in the first game, it was pretty demanding on your system when it was released so anyone who didn't have a relatively new setup had to lower their setting and clip plane. I bought my first high budget PC when Planetside came out as well as having the fastest connection NTL (Virgin Media) had at the time and the advantage was simply ridiculous. They said during the development that this was one of the things they had heard feedback on and learnt from so I guess this current system is their fix, but I guess it's not working entirely as intended.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I wish there was a way to refund all your certs o you can spend them in other things. I bought land mines for engineer. Waste of points. I didn't think I would have to replace my ammo box with the land mines. I thought it replaced the grenade. It just takes forever to get certs.. At least for me and things are so expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just decided to try flying a bit more seriously. I was trying it out with the Vanu Scythe, to get used to the controls, and then I get "You are in restricted area" and died few seconds later by suicide. Made a quick u-turn towards our base, but it was in vain. I checked where I was, and I was rather close to the middle of the map, far away from the borders or enemy starting base. I'm rather confused here, did I ran out of fuel or something? I wasn't flying very high, so that can't be it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I wish there was a way to refund all your certs o you can spend them in other things. I bought land mines for engineer. Waste of points. I didn't think I would have to replace my ammo box with the land mines. I thought it replaced the grenade. It just takes forever to get certs.. At least for me and things are so expensive.
    Tell me about it. I spent my certs all over the place. Put points in more health, better shield regen and less dmg from explosions for most of the classes. A week later, I realized you have to actually activate it, and can only choose one of those. Wasted like 150 certs. :/
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-13 at 03:45 PM.

You can't fly too high, you bounce off the sky at 1000m. Probably a bug.

Yeah, be careful about purchasing multiple things under one tab; for example; you can only equip one of the items you purchase under Suit Abilities; so if you buy flak armor and nano-weave armor you can only equip one or the other. So if you buy something in the same tab you can only equip one of the things you buy, not all of em'. Oh and for those who bought the mines, you can still deploy ammo, just pull out your turret and hit "B" then it'll swap to ammo box; so don't fret there, because mines are still ridiculously awesome. I've gotten a few 12 man sunderer kills when you place them in the right spot.