Poll: Your faction

Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Vanu are superior.
    Maybe if it's a 'how fast can you get your purple spandex tights on?' contest.

Deleted
    So, todays offer is xp boost. Anyone know how they work? I heard something that you can equip it while you play and then remove it when you log out and put it on again to save it. However on forum it seems like you add it once and it's there... so if you buy a 7-days one like in todays offer it will be added and stay there until one week is gone?
    Hope someone can help, I dont play like a maniac every week... so being able to take the boost off and save remaining time would be great

This week they had half price 50% EXP boosts, and this weekend is double EXP weekend.

Rake in the EXP this weekend if you play, or if you're thinking of starting, this weekend is a great time.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Yea, I bought xp-boost on daily offer and used this weekend, lots of certs with my saron when there's crossroad wars =) Hope there's some tonight as well =)

However, the event this weekend, I dont know. I took part in the amerish one and it was strange with no map reset. Also no announcement when that event was over, sure we vanu clearly won but nothing said about that. It was pretty much: hey, go fight on this map for 40mins for... well pretty much no reason.
    Must have been crappiest ingame event I've ever seen, no rewards, no planning and honestly not very fun. Too bad, because there's never fights on amerish and the map itself is fun. Not very tank friendly map but that's also interesting.
    Dont know if the other two events were better?

I love Amerish, I spend all of my time there. It's a playground for pilots. There are air wars every day on Connery.

Quote Originally Posted by paymon View Post
    Hey everyone :P I play on Matherson TR and wanted to share this with y'all. I am a member of the Enclave and this is a small sneak peak into what its like playing with us ^.^

Hope you guys enjoy, any likes/subs are appreciated.

+1's also help our clan get some publicity.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._matherson_17/
    How can you stand to be in the presence of your "leader" (and I use that term loosely)? There's a reason that Smedley (SoE's CEO) personally warned him that the next time he stepped out of line, he was gone for good.

Why was he warned personally? Well, for stuff like the video Silhouette linked, as well as these little gems:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...24725517031/3/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...7854/2/%5B2%5D

There's a laundry list of reasons I tell people not to play TR on Mattherson, and this guy is at the head of all of them. Just give this reddit thread a read: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ind_of_a_dick/
    Last edited by Barana; 2013-01-28 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I love Amerish, I spend all of my time there. It's a playground for pilots. There are air wars every day on Connery.
    Yeah I really can't wait for transfer tokens... sadly on SolTech it seems Esamir/Amerish are always like 80% of one faction and none of the other and the only fighting that goes on is on Indar and even then it's usually fairly unbalanced (10-20% on prime time) towards Vanu. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anybody give me some little tips on spending SC? I managed to buy some (about 3k) when it was 3xSC and never got around to buying anything with it .

I'm considering just spending it on cosmetic items such as the HA Armour and maybe a helmet, these will perhpas be on my Vanu and Terran mains. I'm not sure if this okay? I've heard people suggest guns, but I'm not sure as the guns you start out with seem okay and cosmetics are only purchasable via SC while guns are acquirable by certs.

Deleted
    @Scummer how about some new weapons? Especialy 1000 Certs one? What do you play, class? Vehicle?

Deleted
    I would say dont rush in using them, unless you are planning to buy more and more and money isnt a limit =)
    Personally I make use of daily offers, buying the 1000cert points weaps that Im interested in when they are on sale, 350SC instead of 700 SC or 1000 certs is nice. Also I buy the cosmetic items I want when they are on sale, for example the amerish bundle that's available now is a nice deal. When it comes to camos the infinite ones are the best options, and they are on sale every now and then, also helmets and armor and things to pimp your cars/air with.
    Daily offer is the best option in how to spend your SC according to me, especially if you bought 3xSC, the sale price makes items much cheaper than they otherwise would.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Can anybody give me some little tips on spending SC? I managed to buy some (about 3k) when it was 3xSC and never got around to buying anything with it .

I'm considering just spending it on cosmetic items such as the HA Armour and maybe a helmet, these will perhpas be on my Vanu and Terran mains. I'm not sure if this okay? I've heard people suggest guns, but I'm not sure as the guns you start out with seem okay and cosmetics are only purchasable via SC while guns are acquirable by certs.
    For TR, the T9 CARV (assuming you play heavy a lot), is a great gun. If you want to learn to aim better, go play NC for a month and you'll never miss a shot again. VS is the same situation, the Orion is great, while having the accuracy of a laser (no pun intended) at full auto.

For cosmetics, the armors are nice, but I'd go with infinite-use camos first. They do help obscure you (in the "my allies stand out more than me, so they'll get shot first" kind of way). I went with Jungle Forest for Amerish, Rocky Tundra for Esamir, and Desert Scrub V2 on Indar. Also, from what I hear the Illuminated helmets are more covered by camo than others, so they're generally good to get. Don't waste your money on gun camos though, unless you have some to throw away. I'd also pick up the MAX armor for your TR character (VS too if you like the look, I think they're fugly, personally).

Don't buy the Daily Deals unless you're absolutely sure you're going to use each and every item in that pack regularly. Most of them are just cosmetic gimmicks or subpar guns that nobody uses that will sit in your selection for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Daily offer is the best option in how to spend your SC according to me, especially if you bought 3xSC, the sale price makes items much cheaper than they otherwise would.
    Okay I'll bear that in mind. Hopefully I'll see the composite armours and helmet on offer soon they're relatively cheap anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    For TR, the T9 CARV (assuming you play heavy a lot), is a great gun. If you want to learn to aim better, go play NC for a month and you'll never miss a shot again. VS is the same situation, the Orion is great, while having the accuracy of a laser (no pun intended) at full auto.
    Well it's nice to know the stock HA guns for my two main factions are good, I suppose if that is the case I may hold off on spending SC on weapons if they are just side grades for the moment as if they're not needed then I'd rather take my time and earn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    For cosmetics, the armors are nice, but I'd go with infinite-use camos first. They do help obscure you (in the "my allies stand out more than me, so they'll get shot first" kind of way). I went with Jungle Forest for Amerish, Rocky Tundra for Esamir, and Desert Scrub V2 on Indar. Also, from what I hear the Illuminated helmets are more covered by camo than others, so they're generally good to get. Don't waste your money on gun camos though, unless you have some to throw away. I'd also pick up the MAX armor for your TR character (VS too if you like the look, I think they're fugly, personally).
    So what's the difference between infinite camos and regular ones then? Is the Amerish bundle any good then in your opinion (I've got Tea saying it's worth it )?

So in a nutshell the VS and TR stock HA guns are okay, so there's no need to go out of my way to spend cash on a side grade. Camo's should be near the top of my list and the composite class armours are okay, but it's best waiting for them to go on sale?

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paristeta View Post
    @Scummer how about some new weapons? Especialy 1000 Certs one? What do you play, class? Vehicle?
    Mostly TR HA but I spend my time also on VS too, although tbh I also sometimes play a bit of NC . I'm not really prone to getting my own vehicles, although some tips on what's good would be very much appreciated so that I can start using them with a bit of gusto .

10+ Year Old Account
    So many TR/Vanu! We need a lot more NC love here!!!

Classes:
    Engineer - Razor GD-23 with grip, x2 sight and high velocity ammo, Rebel handgun, Turret, ammo pack. Sometimes the anti-tank mines if I'm defending against a lot of armor.
    Razor has solid accuracy and once you put that high velocity ammo on it such solid stopping power if you can control the recoil.

Infiltrator - Longshot with the x12 scope, NC-24 handgun, and Bouncing Betty mines. Occasionally if I don't wanna snipe I'll switch the longshot out for stalker and actually cap nodes and get up close and personal, tend to rock the grip/supressor for that as I don't like drawing attention.

Combat Medic - Reaper DMR with the grip/x4 scope and the Rebel Handgun since when I'm healing I don't like to get in the open if I can avoid it. I'm using normal grenades right now, but will probably get the healing ones when it comes to it so I can support the group properly and I like to rock C4 incase of armor or just to cover nodes while we secure the rest of the base.

Those are the ones I play most with the occasional heavy assault and aslong as you can control the burst it's perfectly fine for starter even with high velocity ammo.

Vehicles:
    Liberator - Tank Buster canon all the way! Just destroys anything that you put a few rounds into. My usual gunner prefers the Dalton since less rounds you gotta put out the better so I can't really speak for those and the Walker on the back.

Vanguard - Personally I love the Titan 150AP takes out vehicles like nobodies business and I switch out the secondary depending on what we're facing. The usual weapons are the Halberb for anti-tank (obviously), Kobalt for anti-infantry with the Infrared optics so nice for picking targets out you might not notice normally, but some people I play with despise that sight. The Walker was my weapon of choice for anti-air, but since they released the G40-F Ranger I've started using that and though I've only shot at one or two planes with it I think enjoy it a lot more.

For utility can't go wrong EVER with Vanguard Shields! Absorbs a ton of damage and can easily get you out of a tight spot. Then the rest is really basic Mine Guard for defense or the reinforced top armor depending on what you're doing and how observant you are and the Rival Combat Chassis for performance.

And yeah! That's about it for my favourite stuff. Go NC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Honestly, i enjoyed the game more during the Beta, way more and even larger battles during it than now. Actualy haven't been in a realy big "fight" like those since release, except for the The Crown there's usualy a little skirmish over bases but one side usualy just gets heavily outnumbered, overrun and that's just no fun at all.
    Not to mention apart from bases getting pretty much ghost capped, nothing seems to be going on on Esamir or Amerish at all, everyone just stays on Indar. :s
    This is on Mattherson, apparently one of the most active servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Honestly, i enjoyed the game more during the Beta, way more and even larger battles during it than now. Actualy haven't been in a realy big "fight" like those since release, except for the The Crown there's usualy a little skirmish over bases but one side usualy just gets heavily outnumbered, overrun and that's just no fun at all.
    Not to mention apart from bases getting pretty much ghost capped, nothing seems to be going on on Esamir or Amerish at all, everyone just stays on Indar. :s
    This is on Mattherson, apparently one of the most active servers.
    That's the main reason i've uninstalled the game for now...not much point in farming the one area all the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    That's the main reason i've uninstalled the game for now...not much point in farming the one area all the time
    Yea, apparently they are implementing proper continent locking in March according to the Roadmap, well it can't come soon enough because I'm just sick and tired of Indar.

Deleted
    So I'm considering buying a membership... is it worth it though? (those who already have one) is it cheaper and more useful than station cash I guess??

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    So I'm considering buying a membership... is it worth it though? (those who already have one) is it cheaper and more useful than station cash I guess??
    If you will play a lot during the time of the membership it's worth it...some station cash and a boost to exp/certs for the duration of the membership

I just recently tried this out. It seems v-e-r-y difficult to get any kills at all in the F2P model. Is there some UI feature to make enemy targets stand out more? Or upgrades I might be missing to make you not get 1 shot?