Poll: Your faction

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    I just recently tried this out. It seems v-e-r-y difficult to get any kills at all in the F2P model. Is there some UI feature to make enemy targets stand out more? Or upgrades I might be missing to make you not get 1 shot?
    you shouldn't be getting one shot unless you're standing still in the open shooting and getting sniper attention :P... BUT you can get an armor upgrade for certs that increase your health.

And what does the game being F2P have to do with kills? Starting guns work just fine.

Deleted
    I just recently tried this out. It seems v-e-r-y difficult to get any kills at all in the F2P model. Is there some UI feature to make enemy targets stand out more? Or upgrades I might be missing to make you not get 1 shot?
    Take some more time to get used to the map and deploying system etc and if you know what you like playing as, look more deeply into what cert point upgrades you'd like. Getting kills isn't too hard... just don't use a pistol vs a tank etc... use your head... bit more practice and you'll be fine

All the important upgrades are cert only. As an infantry, there really isn't a big advantage to SC. If you want to be a pilot there is, but luckily infantry are the only job with a point in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    you shouldn't be getting one shot unless you're standing still in the open shooting and getting sniper attention :P... BUT you can get an armor upgrade for certs that increase your health.

And what does the game being F2P have to do with kills? Starting guns work just fine.
    May be my ignorance. I was under the impression that these rank (50?) guys were just 1 shotting me with really powerful weapons. I think I'm having an issue with my sight to. I have terrible eyes for certain games, and this time I just have a hard time picking out the enemy. Occasionally they'll be marked in red, but most of the time it's like "Oh that earth colored thing just shot me in the head".

Deleted
    May be my ignorance. I was under the impression that these rank (50?) guys were just 1 shotting me with really powerful weapons. I think I'm having an issue with my sight to. I have terrible eyes for certain games, and this time I just have a hard time picking out the enemy. Occasionally they'll be marked in red, but most of the time it's like "Oh that earth colored thing just shot me in the head".
    Press q when looking at someone, if it's an enemy they'll get a red marker over them

Newb Ramblings incoming: Are standard rounds useless against armor (vehicles)? For the Heavy, is there a way to 'lock on' with your rocket launcher? (and how many rockets should it take to take some of these tanks out. I swear I had one where I exhausted all my ammo on it.)

Deleted
    Tanks have armor in the front , top and sides and they can reinforce one part with certs, they have no armor at the back, two rockets in the back with the default rocket launcher kills any tank, normal bullets don't work on vehicles except the fighter planes and the flash bike

There are "lock on" rocket launchers but they cost 1000 certs and you can't use it to "dumbfire aka no aim shot* if the tank is 2 feet from you and they do less damage and warn the enemy that they are being locked on in the same time .. not very useful if you play alone, devastating if there are 5-6 of you shooting the same thing

If you press Q, the game will spot anything in direct line with your crosshairs. If a red triangle appears over something, that is an enemy, so get used to spamming Q a lot. You even get a slight amount of experience if the target dies while it is marked.

As for rank 50ies killing you, then yes, they do have some advantages.

1: They are probably very familiar with the gun they use, which means they know how to handle it well (the gun itself might not be all that much better, because starter weapons are fairly good across the board except perhaps snipers unless you are NC).
    2: They probably Q'd you and marked you as a target and had no problems finding you.
    3: They have gun upgrades.

Now, gun upgrades are very cheap. It is 30 certs for a scope and 100 certs for stabilizers, attachments and other weapon components. These things just make the gun slightly better, upgrade for upgrade. A 3.4x scope for instance is easier to aim well with than a default scope, and nightvision scopes make you easy to kill in the dark. Add up to guns being able to lower vertical and horizontal recoil and the guns are more stable and what not. They might have bought high velocity ammo that makes bullets travel faster, hitting you faster than your bullets do across the same distance, etc.

So it isn't always the gun itself, it is usually their combat experience + attachments that kill you. Luckily, you can easily get both of those with little hassle once you figure out the game. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Would also like to add as a new player you can really benefit from joining up with the public squads (or even just with friends)! Being able to run around with a sizeable force that is likely experienced will help you learn the layout of facilities better and provide you with support.

Deleted
    Quick question... items etc That can be purchased for 1000 certs... why do they cost so much? and as a non member how long would it take to get 1k cert points?

Deleted
    Well, i avoid the huge fights, because my PC cant handle them, i just pilot a scythe and go for lone planes,tanks,sunderers,liberators and small fights i can find, i make about 30-50 certs per hour, its very low compared to the hundreds/hour other people make

So if you can handle the huge fights and manage to get constant kills you can get 1000 certs very fast even as a non member

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    If you press Q, the game will spot anything in direct line with your crosshairs. If a red triangle appears over something, that is an enemy, so get used to spamming Q a lot. You even get a slight amount of experience if the target dies while it is marked.
    might be a bad idea to spam Q now, the new patch just nerfed spotting, now there's a timer CD if you repeatedly try to spot without a target (not sure if it affects targeting as well yet)

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Quick question... items etc That can be purchased for 1000 certs... why do they cost so much? and as a non member how long would it take to get 1k cert points?
    those items cost 1000 certs because they are valued as the most worthwhile, they are essentially your "end game" items for a particular class/vehicle.

Certs take some effort to gather too without a subscription, you need to either be a killing machine or capping bases alot to get a decent amount, would take about a week at most to accumulate 1000 I reckon though.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2013-02-02 at 05:25 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    There are "lock on" rocket launchers but they cost 1000 certs and you can't use it to "dumbfire aka no aim shot*
    Not true. You can 'dumb fire' by shooting from the hip. Highly useful if you have an Anti-Air launcher and need to finish off a ground vehicle.

Also, the new patch is out. SMGs for everyone!

[EDIT] Hell, I'm sure you can dumb fire while aiming with the sights, too. No need to wait for the lock on if you are sure you can hit your target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot! Was wondering what the update was for, haven't really been following it lately. SO PUMPED though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post

4,5 GB ... wtf oO

Patchnotes

10+ Year Old Account
    The base revamps are so beautiful! Cover everywhere... Also feel bad for infiltrators, even easier to see camo'd now.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Not true. You can 'dumb fire' by shooting from the hip. Highly useful if you have an Anti-Air launcher and need to finish off a ground vehicle.

[EDIT] Hell, I'm sure you can dumb fire while aiming with the sights, too. No need to wait for the lock on if you are sure you can hit your target.
    You can dumb fire the ground lock on and air lock on, you can't dumb fire the ground/air lock on.
    That should be how it works, anyway, I don't play infantry.

Deleted
    Is infiltrator the sniper class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    Is infiltrator the sniper class?
    Yes, Infiltrator is the 'sniper' class. They can also hack enemy equipment/vehicle terminals, fire tracking darts that detect enemy movement, and plant proximity mines.

Deleted
    I like what they did in this patch, however hopefully they get their shit together soon with the lag issues and bugs for tanks etc. Pretty much unplayable game at this point so cant tell about how their changes affected things. Hope they take another look on the prowler, and will be interesting to find out if our precious magrider will have any advantage against the other tanks... so far it feels like magrider will be performing worst in most fields. Good things though that most tank drivers are noobs so we can beat them anyway, Im lucky to play in a half-pro half-noob tank with me being noob being made up for with a pro driver =)