View Poll Results: Your faction

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanu Sovereignty

    133 41.43%
  • New Conglomerate

    80 24.92%
  • Terra Republic

    108 33.64%
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ...
20
60
68
69
70
71
72
... LastLast
  1. #1381
    Mechagnome Finangus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ...in the mountains.
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    Is infiltrator the sniper class?
    Yes, Infiltrator is the 'sniper' class. They can also hack enemy equipment/vehicle terminals, fire tracking darts that detect enemy movement, and plant proximity mines.

  2. #1382
    I like what they did in this patch, however hopefully they get their shit together soon with the lag issues and bugs for tanks etc. Pretty much unplayable game at this point so cant tell about how their changes affected things. Hope they take another look on the prowler, and will be interesting to find out if our precious magrider will have any advantage against the other tanks... so far it feels like magrider will be performing worst in most fields. Good things though that most tank drivers are noobs so we can beat them anyway, Im lucky to play in a half-pro half-noob tank with me being noob being made up for with a pro driver =)
    You hoped it was over but Murky is back
    Sign + avatar by Visenna

  3. #1383
    Scarab Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,985
    How are the shotguns now after the game update 2? Apparently they got buffed.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-02-04 at 04:20 PM.

  4. #1384
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Hope they take another look on the prowler, and will be interesting to find out if our precious magrider will have any advantage against the other tanks... so far it feels like magrider will be performing worst in most fields. Good things though that most tank drivers are noobs so we can beat them anyway, Im lucky to play in a half-pro half-noob tank with me being noob being made up for with a pro driver =)
    Tanks are pretty much my favorite part about the game. I'd try air more, but I suck at it and I'm a bigger danger to my team than anyone else really.

  5. #1385
    Herald of the Titans Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ON, CA
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    How are the shotguns now after the game update 2? Apparently they got buffed.
    Yeah all the shotguns got tweaked and are looking pretty good right now actually.

  6. #1386
    Herald of the Titans Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ON, CA
    Posts
    2,725
    Been awhile since anyone posted here so thought I'd put a few updates in!!!

    Players may note the following changes:

    · Alpha Squad boosts were regranted with full six months and extra bonus to resources and experience. All Alpha Squad players must re-equip the new boost.
    · Depot – New Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret available for purchase.
    · Light Assault – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly show functional differences in certain cases.
    · Invulnerability for revived players has been removed
    · Effect added to help indicate temporary invulnerability on respawn
    · Membership status window should correctly display loyalty level
    · Missiles locked on to the vehicle in flight will again provide audio/visual indicators
    · Fixing descriptions of the Mosquito M14 Banshee magazine certs
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/13/pl...ame=0&ns_fee=0

    Soldiers of PlanetSide 2′s Miller and Connery servers might’ve noticed they’re spotting other mudfoots at a greater distance. Though we can’t totally rule out the possibility that everyone’s goggles received a secret spit-polish overnight, the more likely explanation is that SOE is testing out a range increase for infantry rendering.
    “The new render distance is 100 times better,” AudieMurphy135 enthuses in the same thread. “Infantry renders much further, and sniping is actually viable in massive fights now. There was also a guy at The Crown who was killing people at TI Alloys with the default lightning cannon. It’s that good.”

  7. #1387
    The new engineer turret is awesome =)
    Now I just hang in there for new rocket launchers :P
    Im really impressed with how fast this game get updated and the road map is exciting for the next incoming months... for example new ground vehicle, new max suit weaps, new map and also how they will implement system so people will play other maps than indar as well. Impressive, exciting and very fun. I really love this game =)
    You hoped it was over but Murky is back
    Sign + avatar by Visenna

  8. #1388
    Herald of the Titans Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ON, CA
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    The new engineer turret is awesome =)
    Now I just hang in there for new rocket launchers :P
    Im really impressed with how fast this game get updated and the road map is exciting for the next incoming months... for example new ground vehicle, new max suit weaps, new map and also how they will implement system so people will play other maps than indar as well. Impressive, exciting and very fun. I really love this game =)
    Yeah, loving how fast the updates are rolling out and that they're keeping a good pace with the road map. As far as the new turret goes, my SC comes in a few days from monthly sub (already banking certs to upgrade the overheat time). Really want the 4-man buggies though, eeeeeeeee!!!!

  9. #1389
    Now if they'd just stop introducing bugs like AA missiles not showing their lock on....

  10. #1390
    Field Marshal pnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charlevoix, the beautiful.
    Posts
    90
    Nobody has posted here in over a month and I just decided to download this game today... Do people still play it? :P

  11. #1391
    Quote Originally Posted by pnt View Post
    Nobody has posted here in over a month and I just decided to download this game today... Do people still play it? :P
    Many people still do =) It's an amazing game, regulary updated with lots of new fun stuff every month. It was double xp last weekend and heard something it might be this weekend again. The only game I play atm tbh, and that I probably will for at least the entire year. Me and my friends are having lots of fun: driving cars together, flying air together, killing air and tanks together, or go infantry to slaughter attackers or well... so much to do =) Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do =)
    You hoped it was over but Murky is back
    Sign + avatar by Visenna

  12. #1392
    Field Marshal pnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charlevoix, the beautiful.
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Many people still do =) It's an amazing game, regulary updated with lots of new fun stuff every month. It was double xp last weekend and heard something it might be this weekend again. The only game I play atm tbh, and that I probably will for at least the entire year. Me and my friends are having lots of fun: driving cars together, flying air together, killing air and tanks together, or go infantry to slaughter attackers or well... so much to do =) Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do =)
    Hey, thanks for responding! I'm glad to see that it's still active and updated and all that fun stuff. I've heard nothing but good things about it but didn't have the time to really "commit" to a new game. By the way, you are most definitely my most favorite beverage.

  13. #1393
    I really should invest in a new pc/graphics card for this game.

    It looks so amazing, just need to save up £700 for a semi decent rig.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

  14. #1394
    Herald of the Titans Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ON, CA
    Posts
    2,725
    Noticed we haven't had an update here too recently so!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Faction Rocket Launchers are in!!!!

    NC - Camera Guided Missiles!!!!
    VS - Chargable Rail Gun!
    TR - Rapid(ish) Fire Air/Ground Lock on rockets.
    VR training is up AND it's wicked, I've enjoyed putting around in there quite a bit.
    ATVs!!!!! - Rumble seat for passengers AND the ability to cloak them (if you have the certs) for Infiltrators.
    AND MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also on a side note. Since the servers have merged and my old outfit has kinda died off/dispersed I was curious if any Outfits on Mattherson (NC) are taking members without having to fill out boring long applications for an FPS.

  15. #1395
    There's also a double station cash weekend going until the 31st.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  16. #1396
    And double xp =)
    Lancer is cool, however it could go a bit more straight. The damage is way better now than it was when it came. Good launcher, but not as "snipey" as I would like it to be =)
    And also, flash got two seats now, so it's extremely fun to ride them with your friend. Especially an infiltrator friend that can stealth you and the flash :P
    You hoped it was over but Murky is back
    Sign + avatar by Visenna

  17. #1397
    Robert Stoneman just released his "Planetside 2 - War Correspondent | Episode 5" video!


    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ8VpvPVTKc

  18. #1398
    Brewmaster Grantji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,348
    i hate double xp weekends ... just grenades, rockets and HE rounds everywhere :/

  19. #1399
    Herald of the Titans Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ON, CA
    Posts
    2,725
    Is requesting applications for PS2 the standard here? I've searched high and low with no luck when it comes to finding an outfit that doesn't require one.

  20. #1400
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Is requesting applications for PS2 the standard here? I've searched high and low with no luck when it comes to finding an outfit that doesn't require one.
    Outfits that don't require apps are pretty rare, especially with PS2 being F2P and attracting a lot of undesirables (hackers, toxic players, etc.). They're just trying to weed out the people that will harm their community.

    Applications are done pretty quickly, usually. When I applied to the Devil Dogs (one of the largest NC outfits in the game), it was processed and accepted in under 24 hours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •