Thread: Favorite beer?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got 2 favourite, one is a local brewed ( just a couple of kms from my home)
    Arboga 10.2
    ann a french one :
    Jenlain Blonde

:3

10+ Year Old Account
    Negro Modelo
    Carona
    Pyramid IPA's (seasonal shit too, all of it, ALL!!)
    Pacifico de Clara (favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    again, another american beer basher.

do you silly foreigners realize that more than 10,000 different beers are produced in the US?

the beer i prefer is about 13% ABV and is about as thick as milk. yes, made in america.
    Dude... i live in America... I agree that I don't know every custom beers, but all the Budweisers, coors light, molson, miller, etc... taste like water.

Newcastle Brown Ale
    Staropramen (any kind)
    Samuel Adam Boston Lager
    Last edited by Arson; 2011-11-01 at 08:37 PM.

Imo, theres 2 basic categories of beer when youre talking about a 'favorite'

Theres the type you drink a lot of, and often, and then theres the special treat. i have a crummy job, so i dont get much of the latter.

As far as what i drink a lot, i really prefer Pabst, but i ended up having to switch to a light beer for the insane amount of calories i was taking in. About the only light beer ive found that i really enjoy is Miller. Though when im at the bar its usually bud for tappers.

As for the latter, ive really taken a liking to Beck's Dark. pretty good dark beer, but it still has the carbonation kick that Guiness doesnt have. Negro Modelo is pretty good, though i havent had it in a while and its probably more expensive than Beck's.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I saw La Chouffe mentioned in the thread and am so very sad that I have been completely unable to find it in my area...

And to people bashing American beers, stop thinking Bud/Miller/wtf else ever are the only American beers, and educate yourselves. A Double Dead Guy or Double Bastard will educate you finely I do believe. If not, how about Dragon's Milk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    Hertog Jan
    Grolsch

15+ Year Old Account
    Bishops finger

Yes its real

There are European beers that taste like crap too... namely Heineken, that shit is just nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    I saw La Chouffe mentioned in the thread and am so very sad that I have been completely unable to find it in my area...

And to people bashing American beers, stop thinking Bud/Miller/wtf else ever are the only American beers, and educate yourselves. A Double Dead Guy or Double Bastard will educate you finely I do believe. If not, how about Dragon's Milk?
    I know there is a lot of microbrewery that people don't know. There is one named Unibroue in Quebec, you can find their beers in almost every country. If you like strong beers, I suggest you La Maudite and La Terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss
    Leinenkugel's Oktoberefest

Those crazy Germans in Wisconsin make damn good beer.
    The Germans here in Germany make damn good beer as well ^^

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't always drink beer, but when i do i prefer Stormking stout by Victory...... with nachos, i love bar foods

10+ Year Old Account
    Paulaner Octoberfest is the best outside of this please review the following

Stone Ruination (double ipa)
    Moylan's Hopsickle (triple ipa)
    Stone Ipa
    4 peaks Kiltlifter (scotch ale)
    old chubb (scotch ale)

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Toss-up between:

- Stone IPA
    - Rogue Hazlenut Brown nectar
    - Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
    this is true beer aficionado!

westvleteren blonde & 12 - really very good
    leffe blond - my personal favorite
    duvel, hertog jan & hoegaarden - my back up beers
    grolsh & heineken - will take over amstel or jupiler, or anything else for that matter.

sam adams octoberfest <3
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2011-11-01 at 09:15 PM. Reason: oh yeah almost forgot

Deleted
    Desperados
    Corona

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post

I bought a bottle of Dragon's Milk just because of the name, and I got to say I was pretty happy with it.

I also agree 10 fold about the bashing of American beers, but people can't seem to get past the mind set that Bud/Miller is the only thing we have.

As for La Chouffe I found a couple sites you can order it from if it isn't in your immediate area.

Staropramen & Pilsner Urquell, but the best one is EC Dahls! I am abit biased tho, its my local brewery

10+ Year Old Account
    Tripel Karmeliet!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Dude... i live in America... I agree that I don't know every custom beers, but all the Budweisers, coors light, molson, miller, etc... taste like water.
    wow in america the cheap beer tastes like water? in europe the cheap beer tastes like piss

Deleted
    Adelscott
    Bavaria 8.6 gold
    Desperados
    Carlsberg
    I'm going to germany this summer ( WACKEN 2012 §§ ) and i'm sure i'll discover a lot of new awesome beers