Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He is a really good player. He's one of those well-rounded gamers in that he can pick up games very easily and perform in them.

It's astonishing all the hate he receives. He's actually a really nice guy and is a key figure for an amazing community site he helps run called iPower Project. The whole Athene character is an act and it's pretty damn funny if you aren't some overly sensitive idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taronar View Post
    Compared to someone like Kungen or Hydra he is quite behind. Just to call in some populair names, there are alot beter players in the world, don't worry
    Kungen can be argued, he wasen't really one of the best players. Just one hell of a leader.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    He isn't Chiren IRL... He's Bachir Boumaaza. He wrote a book, is pro at: youtube, poker, wow, starcraft, making $$$, ...

He's a man of many talents, and being hilarious is one of them.

And the reason so many people hate him is because he is good at wow, while still being able to do so many other things, while most have to pump all their free time into this game to achieve anything.
    The reason why people hate him is because hes bragging and trolling everyone. Thats why people hate him. People dont hate good people :c

And ever since I listened to a interwiev with him, my look on him changed. He seems to be a really nice person and everything, and yes, "Athene best paladin the world" is just a act.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    He did not get level-first 80 not by a long way.

1st, it wasn't Athene who was being boosted to 80, it was one of his friends.
    2nd, they didn't make it to 80, they were banned at 79 for exploiting the dungeon kick system.
    It was clever use of game machanics. Athene was rank 1 in every bracker back in the day, on Stormscale EU in the Cyclone BG which is the hardest one, he was one of the fastes powerleveler. No life? No I wouldn't say that, he has a pretty girlfriend and a lot of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I just started watching his videos from him hanging out with Swifty (didn't know who he was before) and apparently he brags about being the best paladin in the world but obviously i just thought he was joking then i noticed he got world first 80 and 85...So the question now is; Is Athene actually good at PvP or is he just being sarcastic? Theres no footage of him doing arena on YouTube so don't know.
    It's an act. He's good but he's definitely not the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    He is a really good player. He's one of those well-rounded gamers in that he can pick up games very easily and perform in them.

It's astonishing all the hate he receives. He's actually a really nice guy and is a key figure for an amazing community site he helps run called iPower Project. The whole Athene character is an act and it's pretty damn funny if you aren't some overly sensitive idiot.
    QFT. This guy's got quite some balls too, yelling at the top of his voice in the middle of Antwerp, in half assed English.

Quote Originally Posted by Skajten View Post
    It was clever use of game machanics. Athene was rank 1 in every bracker back in the day, on Stormscale EU in the Cyclone BG which is the hardest one, he was one of the fastes powerleveler. No life? No I wouldn't say that, he has a pretty girlfriend and a lot of cash.
    It was cheating.

And where did I say he wasn't a good player, I'm sure he's excellent and his videos are great fun to watch but he still exploited and didn't even get the world first when he did.

Deleted
    He's a decent player yes, held various world first level caps and was ranked 1 in arguably the hardest battlegroup in wow, so yeah he's a good player.

I cant stand the guy though tbh, I know the whole thing is an act but I just dont find him funny at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    It was cheating.

And where did I say he wasn't a good player, I'm sure he's excellent and his videos are great fun to watch but he still exploited and didn't even get the world first when he did.
    Sorry for making you misunderstand me, When I said "It was clever use of game mechanics" that was ment for you not the rest. And how is it cheating? Please do explain.

I enjoy all the nerdrage that Athene causes. Thus, I enjoy Athene
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I full well know it's an act.
    I just don't find the act funny, only seen one vid tho.
    I've seen him at gamescon, just your average guy whene there's no camera pointing at him.

He's an entertainer I guess, even if I don't care for it, much like swifty, who's vids I don't care for eighter.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2011-11-01 at 10:49 AM.

I don't care if he's good or bad, I just know he's funny as hell and the best WoW troll I know, so many people fall for his stuff that is unbelievable

Deleted
    He's a decent player, though far from the best. A lot of his success is down to the controversy he causes and the simple fact that he is funded to do what he does - in other words, he's making money regardless of who watches his videos. A shame that there's so few genuine gamers on Youtube who act like themselves instead of adopting irritating online personalities.

It highlights one of the biggest issues with the gaming community these days - trolling and borderline harassment is viewed as 'funny' whilst anyone regular is overlooked.

Deleted
    Athene is good at being an unfunny twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skajten View Post
    Sorry for making you misunderstand me, When I said "It was clever use of game mechanics" that was ment for you not the rest. And how is it cheating? Please do explain.
    It was cheating because he abused the dungeon kick system, and he got banned for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Link the videoS you seen?
    If you played in 70 you know he was the best in arena, so pls go away and stop asking for source

He got a rank 1 title in season 2 and that's what he became famous for and bragging about. Most of his videos were just trolling videos and they're hilarious. He is actually a gamer in general and a pretty smart person but he's also a massive troll.

His famous first video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tipzi View Post
    agree with this , No-Life i would say xD but well who am i to judge ZE BEST PALADIN IN THE WORLD *cough*
    I'm sorry, but why do you call someone "no-lifer" when he level from lvl 80 to 85 in 4hours?
    I would find someone "no-lifer" if he level for 40hours straight..

On topic - He used to be really good pvper, soon we gonna see how he deals at lvl85 arena /thats wow/
    Basicaly he is good at any game he tryed, obviously pritty smart guy, anoying as hell, cocky as hell.

Deleted
    I first saw the guy years ago when he made the "I'm the best paladin in the world video".
    I'm baffled by all the people who don't realize he is joking. Seriously, it's one of the most obvious acts I've ever seen, how do you not see it?

Anyway, the guy was fun back then atleast. Don't be jealous because he's better than you.

He is actually a fairly skilled player, but his videos are just trollin'.

I love him ; )