Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Mounts] So a couple of months ago...

I got really bored, started collecting mounts, but.... I didn't learn any of them.
    I had 9 already learned when I started, so no achievements yet.

What your bank would have looked like if Blizz had not made mounts learnable.

2 Days ago I finally got my Deathchargers Reins (#99)
    Yesterday I got my Glory Hawk (#100)
    Then spent about 10 minutes just learning all of them and getting the 10, 25, 50 and 100 achievements along with a couple of mount achieves/FoS

A good night for me I think.

It's the dates that count!

Why you ask? No reason, thought it would be fun to do, that's all
    Armoury feed

Random boredom:

I HAZ BUCKET!

Heh, nice one. Its pretty impressive you got 100 so fast you lucky bastard!

Gz on the feat ofc. :d

Grats. but Im calling fake. Cant you only get one netherwing mount or am I mistaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by shiminy View Post
    Grats. but Im calling fake. Cant you only get one netherwing mount or am I mistaken?
    First one is given to you, the rest are purchaseable from the mount vendor on netherwing ledge

Deleted
    Nope, you can buy them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go back to the netherwing ledge once you get your first you can buy the rest for 200g each.

And gratz (how did you get so much bag space...)

Really? well then GRATZ!!!!! =D. Guess I better start farming my rep for my mounts.

The first netherdrake is free if you return to netherwing ledge you can buy the rest for 200g .

damn you Cheebie :P you beat me to it
    Last edited by Zigrifid; 2011-11-02 at 08:56 AM.

Wait What? How could someone fake ARMORY?

By the way, yes, very funny stuff Supes. I wouldn't have the patience nor the bank space for doing such.

Thanks everyone

Yeah, my biggest issue was bag space (Illusionary Bags ftw and thankfully I only swapped to my DK as my main in Cata so I didn't have much gear to worry about hording ) and as for the patience part, well the only time I really wanted to just learn a mount was when I got the Blue Proto from UP and the Deathcharger from Strathome. I've wanted both for a really, really long time so having to wait for 100 was rather painful close to the end there

Deleted
    wow that you used so much bankspace for mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha this is so awesome, I wish I'd done it, but I've got full 26 slot bags and around 16 free at max...so I doubt it would work xD

Nice to see this kind of thing. I've seen people do similar with rep tokens for the max number of achievements at once.

Deleted
    This is win on so many levels - Congratulations, well earned! And geeh, you sure had luck on the mount drops. Can't say I have that same.

Thanks again Had some really awesome luck with the drops indeed:

- Hawkstrider on the first run after deciding to do this
    - White Polar Bear after about 2 weeks
    - Blue Proto after about 30ish UP runs
    - Red Bug took me less than an hour of farming AQ trash.
    - Flametalon, well, I had that already
    - Deathcharger took me 100+ runs, but being a DK with Death Gate and Howling Blast, they went by pretty quick.

Deleted
    That is pretty damn awesome, I could never do that, mainly because I have about 10 free bagspace including my bank, hoarding vanity items has its downsides. Also you totally reminded me that I still want/need to get 'Why? Because its red...'

Lol, grats. I considered doing that because I'm the kind of guy who gets mindless amusuement out of such things, but its taken me 7 years to get about 90 mounts, I just gave up and learned em around 45 cuz I thought Albino Drake was cool at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha that is pretty amazing, huge grats on not getting impatient and learning them at 50.

Next mission: Fill your bank with turtle mounts!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait a sec...did you do Vashj'ir without a mount?
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Mojototem View Post
    Next mission: Fill your bank with turtle mounts!
    Oh god no, I really, really hate fishing. But then again, my guild still doesn't have the fish feast recipe....

Quote Originally Posted by Zwen View Post
    wait a sec...did you do Vashj'ir without a mount?
    Lol, the Seahorse mount in the pic is the Reins of Poseidus, I bought it cheap and was going to resell it, but then decided to keep it for this, but then decided why not just get an extra mount and keep it as a spare (who knows what might have happened )

Didn't need to use it, so it's up on the AH atm

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supes View Post
    Lol, the Seahorse mount in the pic is the Reins of Poseidus, I bought it cheap and was going to resell it, but then decided to keep it for this, but then decided why not just get an extra mount and keep it as a spare (who knows what might have happened )
    good....for a moment there I was thinking a petition for honorary 'Insane' title might be needed.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes