Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    I also HIGHLY recommend getting a box of ChemPads. They work much better than 91% alcohol and you don't ruin rags and other cloths. I used them when I did Dell warranty repair, and they are faaaaaaaaaaaantastic.
    Excellent recommendation. They might seem a bit expensive, but work significantly better than anything I've used before. Plus, they don't dry out like most alcohol-based wipes that some will suggest.

Isopropyl and coffee filters, nuff said. In our out of the mobo is purely a personal preference, though it's easier to tell how clean it is out of the mobo imo and you're less likely to smear paste by accident on the socket hardware. Should always have it gripped by the edge of the PCB in one hand while cleaning with the other, so you don't put pressure on the pins at all.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

If there is nothing to clean around(if there was thermal paste between the socket and the cpu for exemple, on the pcb) than you don't need to remove it. I just use toilet paper and rubbing alcohol and it does the job perfectly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    Excellent recommendation. They might seem a bit expensive, but work significantly better than anything I've used before. Plus, they don't dry out like most alcohol-based wipes that some will suggest.
    Glad we agree on something :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    If there is nothing to clean around(if there was thermal paste between the socket and the cpu for exemple, on the pcb) than you don't need to remove it. I just use toilet paper and rubbing alcohol and it does the job perfectly well.
    Toilet paper is baaaad to use, it leaves behind residue, lint and it's just all around bad An old T-shirt that's been through the wash a million times works best, IMO. Completely lint-free from the years of washing and drying, and non-abrasive, to boot.

I just wipe it again with a dry piece to remove the residue. Never had any issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Glad we agree on something :P
    I don't know why you got all angry at me over microstutter

Different strokes for different folks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    Pretty much this

<Mod Warning. Posting comments like is infractable under minor spam worth 5 points in the infraction system. Please refrain from making such posts in the future.>

Culadin
    How is that an infraction? The thread is ascking for peoples opinions. He is agreeing with a previous post and therefore giving his requested opinion. We trying to follow the EJ forum police system?

As for the CPU. I have seen to many bend pins to suggest anything other than leave it in.

Or as the infracted person linked and said////////////////Pretty much this

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkiwow View Post
    How is that an infraction? The thread is ascking for peoples opinions. He is agreeing with a previous post and therefore giving his requested opinion. We trying to follow the EJ forum police system?

Or as the infracted person linked and said////////////////Pretty much this
    Forum guidelines. This isn't the first forum to have them.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard