Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What will you be Naming your Characters?

Title.

I've personally decided to go with Hikari (light) for my female Monk, and Kage (shadow) for my male Demon Hunter. Brings about a nice contrast of the two. I might also settle with Ryuusei (meteor) for my male/female Wizard. But beyond those, I'm not quite sure yet.

And yes, my love for japanese-esque names is quite evident among my WoW characters as well.

Sources indicate "Lysah."

I don't know, names don't feel important to me in a world where you only interact with a couple of other people at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kenshirou for my male monk
    Krull for my barb
    Belgarath for my Wiz
    Scorpius for my WD
    Buffy for my DH :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    ill probably stick to the wow names i came up with. maybe even try to be creative again and come with new (and better) ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Sources indicate "Lysah."

I don't know, names don't feel important to me in a world where you only interact with a couple of other people at a time.

The chat room avatar's were kinda of cool in the original b.net so names kinda meant something then.

I'll be going with.....err Azuri maybe :P

Names are non unqiue, so having a unique slowflake of a name isnt that big a deal.

Im think Xx420_KillerCopQuickScope_420xX, or you know...Something simple like Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm...my bowazon was Luna / Loona / something like that in D2. Trying that direction first but expect it to be too popular / unavailable depending how naming is handled.
    They've said they want to do naming like they did in SC2, that is, you can name it whatever you want, and account ID will instead be handled by a number tag. That means everyone can name his demon hunter Sephiroth if he really wants to.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just have Pkmntrainerb, Ichooseu, and Ashketch reserved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkins View Post
    I just have Pkmntrainerb, Ichooseu, and Ashketch reserved.
    You best be trolling.

Likely Ovacor considering I have used that name on online games since I was about 10. Although it may be time for a change

Deleted
    Lyn Aria for my female monk

Probubly start w/ my wow names like Zethros, Tsuzaku, Alkyria. And then try and come up w/ names related to the story as I play maybe.

Considering stuff related to some of my WoW/RP-related characters.

Pandysavage the monk

Witchdocter: frogbreeder, fleshmask, Strokeneedle, Dogvirus, Gravewretch, Plaguedocter ect ect...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Male Barbarian = Kawick (My Barbarian name from back in D2 when LOD was released!)
    Female Demon Hunter = Cathinus (My Bowazon name from D2 before LOD...RIP...)
    Female Wizard = Azmodera (Mage name I use in WoW)
    Male Monk = Monkeybars (Friend came up with this back in Everquest) (To be Pandaren Monk's name)
    Male Witchdoctor = Djembe (African style drum played by hand)
    *Male Wizard = Mithrodin (Another mage name used in WoW)
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to use Enjeh or Yunocchi on my main character, Female Monk I believe. :3

I like how there's a couple of people in this thread who think this is talking about Pandaren Monks. Look at the forum you're posting in, guys!

Personally I'll probably use names from WoW for my characters. Alternatively I'll go for names of characters from my story I'm working on: it's how I always choose my names. I take forever with choosing an entirely new name, so I re-use old ones as much as possible to avoid that.