Poll: Which planet will you "idle" on?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm really excited about exploring Nar Shaddaa, the Las Vegas of TOR! I hope they made it gigantic.

As Stormwind is to WoW, Carrick Station (I believe it's that, something like that) is to TOR. They've mentioned the main "hubs" are Ship Fleets where you can go off to instances and operations and so on, and these places will have vendors/ah etc.

I mean, imgaine each planet as a Zone in WoW, where do you spend your time Idling? In Swamp of Sorrows? Blasted Lands? Storm Peaks? The Barrens?! No. The Cities.

Nar Shaddaa aesthetically looks like a lot of fun. It kinda reminds me of a Star War Las Vegas.

I see myself AFKing a lot on Alderaan or Tatooine
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, most likely Coursant but class ship is a logical option. However, if one of the worlds has some exceptional/relaxing background music I may need to hang there once in a while to get back to some true jedi meditation.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Nar'Shadda, Hoth's a close second though.

Deleted
    Hoth most def.

Favorite movie places of all time? Check
    Favorite gaming moments on star wars (Rebel strike on GC)? Check
    Cold winter and snow? Check.

But we shall see is there reason to chill there. Standin in some quest area all day might not be fun. Then again..idling..sure, give.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    As Stormwind is to WoW, Carrick Station (I believe it's that, something like that) is to TOR. They've mentioned the main "hubs" are Ship Fleets where you can go off to instances and operations and so on, and these places will have vendors/ah etc.

I mean, imgaine each planet as a Zone in WoW, where do you spend your time Idling? In Swamp of Sorrows? Blasted Lands? Storm Peaks? The Barrens?! No. The Cities.
    Actually, the Auction house was confirmed not to be onboard a spacestation by serveral media-sources during the embargo lift in the previous beta build.
    With a new one supposably in the making, we'll have to wait and see if this changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Actually, the Auction house was confirmed not to be onboard a spacestation by serveral media-sources during the embargo lift in the previous beta build.
    With a new one supposably in the making, we'll have to wait and see if this changes.
    They stated recently that we would be using Ship Fleets as our Hubs, which would contain trainers, and auction houses. Not that it matters, both of those are available on most planets.

probably dromund kaas, since I imagine that will be like orgrimmar.
    but personally It'll probably be my own ship, if there's a nice view to space.

and since dark forces, I was always fascinated by nar shadaa. there are many intersting places, I think I gotta see them first.

Fleet Hub, VIP LOUNGE BABY!

Deleted
    I'll idle where the auction house is.

none because the social hub is a big spaceship
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    none because the social hub is a big spaceship
    I really hope this doesn't make places like Coruscant (if even the senate-district) or Kaas City and Nar Shadaa that are supposed to be filled with people into dead npc-cities. I would just hate to have that happen since they've put so much effort into fleshing out the capitals. Seems sort of pointless if everyone justs hang out in some space station instead of the elaborate planets.
    Last edited by Ozires; 2011-11-02 at 05:50 PM. Reason: forgot the obvious

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    They stated recently that we would be using Ship Fleets as our Hubs, which would contain trainers, and auction houses. Not that it matters, both of those are available on most planets.
    Like said, it's been confirmed by many media sources, that Fleets won't contain Galactic Trading Posts wile planets won't have Flashpoint/Operation access.

But everything could change, I try to avoid clouding the info I soak up with NDA breaking info, so I have no idea with the current build or upcoming build.
    Last edited by vian; 2011-11-02 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Probably the fleet hub, but we'll see.

Like said, it's been confirmed by many media sources, that Fleets won't contain Galactic Trading Posts wile planets won't have Flashpoint/Operation access..
    without going into bad-touch territory, this was the case.

as for GTM's/GTPs/AH's, carrick has them. it's just not obvious. they have added a lot more as i've read from the forum feedback from betas and NYCC, so it should be somewhat easier to land, sell your stuff, quest for 4 hours, then sell more stuff.

the stations are the place for FP/OP access as well as PvP vendors, queues for PvP Bz's, and LS/DS vendors, companion gifts, and crafting trainers. it will probably be the idle hub for most people, but it's monstrously large. Nar Shaddaa will likely be the neutral hub for a lot of RP or GTP/crafting like dalaran at endgame.

imagine a sterile version of undercity, blended with a mile long airport lounge. that's carrick station/Viken spaceport. IMO, Viken has nicer holotrees. again, YMMV, beta is evil, NDA, etc.
    Last edited by toliman; 2011-11-02 at 02:52 PM.

Like said, it's been confirmed by many media sources, that Fleets won't contain Galactic Trading Posts wile planets won't have Flashpoint/Operation access.

But everything could change, I try to avoid clouding the info I soak up with NDA breaking info, so I have no idea with the current build or upcoming build.
    While that may be true as of the build they played, it isn't inline with what Bioware said. There are plenty of other examples where a game version they were showing off at conventions didn't have features that they actually came to talk about, so it's not so surprising - of course, they could have changed their minds too, so yes, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on this regard, but without Auction Houses - which are practically everywhere - it seems unlikely that many people will hang around in this hub that they stated people will be hanging around in, or I believe they called them "social centers".