LF help, getting into cosplay

I want to start getting into Cosplay and the first thing I want to make is Jim Raynor in his Marine suit. If anyone can post pictures of him (not from the game as I have that and can see it myself) that would be super! here is an example of what I am looking for.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-iii...es-photo-tour/
    about 1/6th down the page

I am particularly looking for picks of the backside as I (by my example) have a pic of the front, also any detail photos like the stomach/croch area.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope you're kidding.

Start with something a lot more basic and work your way up. Something like that marine suit is probably a 3-4 month job at best
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I know, the first show I "Plan" on going to is C2E2 in chicago in april. so yeah 3-4 months is plenty of time.

And yeah i don' want to be just basic, I wan't to be uber.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I hope you're kidding.

Start with something a lot more basic and work your way up. Something like that marine suit is probably a 3-4 month job at best
    Unless you have a lot of knowledge about building these types of suits, I wouldn't start with something that complex. Something like that would be VERY expensive, take a TON of time, and require a significant amount of expertise both in the design and construction of it.

If you know people who are experienced and can help you (I mean actually be there throughout the build, not offer advice from the internet), go for it. But like Demon said, I'd start with something a bit easier. Not saying something stupid easy, just something a bit less intricate.

I already know how I am going to build it and it will be easier then you all are guessing, I am an aircraft structural mechanic from the Navy and have a good background in fiberglass construction. My dad is a designer with whirlpool so I am going to get some help (after I get the photos I want) for 3D rendering. I also have all the time in the world and money is of no object as I am greedy so I am single with no kids.

All I am looking for is pictures of the suit like people who attended blizzcon if the statue was there and got pictures of it, that sorta stuff.
    Last edited by crawdaddy029; 2011-10-27 at 06:16 AM.

In that case...

http://www.myspace.com/stevewangfx/p.../album/2913521

That should be enough for you (finished product and a bunch of shots of them making it).

Good luck

holy shellfish that is beautiful. Thanks mate

Document your build and post pics here when your done! I'm want to see how it turns out

Will do, Idea is Fiberglass build around pre-cut stryofoam padding. will be using fire fighter boots as a good base and work my way up.Bottom will be like a regular pair of pants (with the exception of all the attachments of course) and top will be 2 piece with arms and helmet attached to back and chest that snaps in. I may not make a guass rifle but will deffinatly put the revolver on the list. I am no Tony Stark but with space limiting I will try to get lights and Jim Raynor sound board in too.

10+ Year Old Account
    all i can say is
    good luck
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

15+ Year Old Account
    Well...at least you have a background in something similar. Do post pics
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Left boot is about half finished excluding paint which I will do all at once, I will post pics for opinion soon.

ok so I ran into some unforeseen trouble, I started laying fiberglass out over my boot and it ate the Styrofoam, however it didn't [phase the glue for the Styrofoam so its gonna be a few more days before I can get a pic up for it because I am gonna have to replace the styrofoam and rub the glue for it all over it first before fiberglassing.