Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Guardian Cub Tradable Pet Now Available!

Update - You will have to wait 24H before you can see one at the Auction House, it comes with a bind on pickup lasting 24H.

Guardian Cub Tradable Pet Now Available!
    The new Guardian Cub pet is now available, and you can trade it and sell it at the auction house!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Now available in the Pet Store: the new and titanically cute Guardian Cub companion. Orphaned by its titan creators, the fledgling Guardian Cub has taken wing to look for a happy home. Adopt one today and it will stay by your side through thick and thin, following your character just about anywhere your adventures take you—even into the skies of Azeroth.

The Guardian Cub is the Pet Store's first tradable pet, meaning it can be swapped between characters in-game or given as a gift to guildmates, friends, family, or that special someone (after a cooldown period -- see below). Due to his finicky nature, each Guardian Cub will only give its allegiance to one owner, meaning it’s a one-time-use pet that permanently binds to a single character. Be sure to choose a master wisely.

The Guardian Cub is available now in the Pet Store. Check out the mini-FAQ below for more information on how this flying friend differs from other Pet Store companions.

Q: How does the Guardian Cub pet work? How is it different from other Pet Store pets?
    Unlike the other Pet Store companions, the Guardian Cub is a tradable, one-time-use pet that permanently binds to a single character upon use. When you purchase the Guardian Cub from the online store, the character you designate will receive a bind-on-use item in his or her in-game mailbox, which can then be added to the character’s inventory. You can either use the item yourself to permanently add the pet to your character's collection (consuming the item in the process), or -- after an initial 24-hour cooldown period -- you can trade the item to another player so he or she can add it to one of their character's collections. Note that once the pet has been added to a character's Companions list, it can no longer be traded, so make sure you're giving the cub a happy home.

Q: Will I be able to carry more than one Guardian Cub at a time?
    While a character can only have one Guardian Cub in his or her Companions list, you can have as many in your inventory as you like. Please note that Guardian Cub items do not stack, so each one will take up a bag or bank slot.

Q: How much will the Guardian Cub cost in the Pet Store?
    The Guardian Cub will be priced the same as the other Pet Store pets ($10 USD). All sales of the Guardian Cub are final -- no refunds will be given once a purchase is made.

Q: Why did you decide to make the Guardian Cub tradable?
    Since the introduction of the Pet Store, many players have been asking for ways to get the companions we offer there without having to spend real-world cash. By making the Guardian Cub tradable (much like the BoE mounts from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game), players interested in the new pet will have fun, alternative in-game ways to get one. In addition to trading the pet, players can give the Guardian Cub as a gift to another character for a special occasion; guild leaders can use them to reward members for a job well done; and so on. We also hope this change will help reduce the number of incidents of scamming via trading for invalid pet codes.

Q: Could I put the Guardian Cub up on the auction house to try to make some gold if I wanted to?
    While our goal is to offer players alternative ways to add a Pet Store pet to their collection, we’re ok with it if some players choose to use the Guardian Cub as a safe and secure way to try to acquire a little extra in-game gold without turning to third-party gold-selling services. However, please keep in mind that there's never any guarantee that someone will purchase what you put up for sale in the auction house, or how much they'll pay for it. Also, it’s important to note that we take a firm stance against buying gold from outside sources because in most cases, the gold these companies offer has been stolen from compromised accounts. (You can read more about our stance here.) While some players might be able to acquire some extra gold by putting the Guardian Cub in the auction house, that’s preferable to players contributing to the gold-selling “black market” and account theft.

Q: Are you changing the other available Pet Store pets (e.g. Lil' Ragnaros, the Pandaren Monk) to work this way?
    No, the other available Pet Store pets will continue to work as they always have.

Q: What about future Pet Store pets?
    It's too early to say how we'll handle future Pet Store pets. We made this change in response to feedback from players looking for alternate ways to get the Pet Store pets, and we're always looking into other opportunities for improvement. We're interested in hearing what players think of the Guardian Cub, and we hope you'll have fun with this new flying friend.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-11-01 at 08:03 PM.

Was actually expecting this to be with 4.3. Time to see how much they'll be on the AH =\

Deleted
    Woooooooooooooooooooo

Let the tearstorm begin !

Deleted
    They should cost around 20000G, as far as I can see it.

Lolololol, let Gold farmers hell break loose.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like the pet and think it is worth $10 then buy it. If the price is too much, if it not being BOA is a reason to not get it in your eyes then don't buy it. I have personally bought every other pet and mount off the Blizzard store but will not buy this because it is for 1 character only and not worth the price IMO.

should at least drop the price of gold sellers gold for a while, expect gold spam to increase

Here comes the QQ STORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    "While some players might be able to acquire some extra gold by putting the Guardian Cub in the auction house, that’s preferable to players contributing to the gold-selling “black market” and account theft." sounds much like "better if you give money to us than someone else"

let the qq begi... erm continue

Now we get to find out how much gold $10 is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriscats View Post
    If you like the pet and think it is worth $10 then buy it. If the price is too much, if it not being BOA is a reason to not get it in your eyes then don't buy it. I have personally bought every other pet and mount off the Blizzard store but will not buy this because it is for 1 character only and not worth the price IMO.
    This is true for now, though once MoP goes live pets are account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Archijs View Post
    They should cost around 20000G, as far as I can see it.
    20k o_O

Even on my server the most rare pets don't go for over 15k, and I'm sure this pet is not gonna be a rarity.

I'd be happy to pay 3-4k for it but i don't really see how it can be worth much more. (If it turns out it is gonna be a common item)
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

I wish they would just sell there own gold currency or let it be done like that in a legit legal way instead of this vague idea of a pet being sold >.>

Tried to buy a few; Continue to Payment >An error has occurred.

Deleted
    mm tried buying it keep getting an error :/ im low on gold after transferring server.. if it sells for 20k. then im happy to spend £8 instead of a few hours farming..

Wierd, wonder why they put a 24 hour bind to it?

If they follow market price it will be between 8k and 10k. Although, I suppose you could probably charge more since it is legal, secure, safe, and all that jazz.

Five bucks says there will be far more Cubs on the AH than buyers...and then....lol...oh man... XD This is going to be interesting!