Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't care about the always-online thing, and there's no way in hell they're making me play with other people either. Maybe a few friends, that's it though.

They mentioned that there may be a console version of the game released as well somewhere down the line...I think Gamer magazine had an article about it for those interested in reading more on that subject (online play MAY not be required for the console version according to the article...but not a ton of info on it as of yet). Even though the game is going to have an online-only feature, I imagine it's going to be the same set up as previous diablo games where you make a room, and can make it eligible for anyone to join or put a lock up on it. I plan on playing mostly with my husband and my family members if they decide to play, but I have always enjoyed making new friends on there. But I don't think playing single player ruins the experience of the game. Sometimes it's nice to just be able to play and not worry about other people...especially if you're playing for the story aspect.

But that aside the game looks good, and it'll be nice to have something else to play with my husband that doesn't require us sharing ONE screen. The online feature doesn't bother me at all since most of the games I play require internet to play anyways. But if you seriously don't want to play online like I said, look up information about the possible console release. Like I said, I don't have a lot of info on it but there may be a few sites you can check out that do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egovir View Post
    pure single player only in cracked version.
    i'm pretty sure razor will do it, since they release all the legendary games.
    DIII is a client/server application - you can crack the client but you need to emulate the server as well to play offline.
    All random stuff - parts of levels, random dungeons, mob placement and their loot etc is all determined by the server.
    And emulating an unknown server with the only clue being the communication the client sends and receives is quite tricky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it? I don't see what they would need a server for beyond that login schreen.. Why would they determine loot by an internet connection when your doing single player?

Deleted
    Because it won't technically be single player. It'll be multiplayer by yourself. Slight difference.

Deleted
    People can say what they want, I personally liked single player in D2. Then again, it was the story that captivated me more than anything else so that might explain things. Playing over battle.net is ofcourse a great addition, but having to rely on it seems rather redundant, especially to me with my.. hmm.. less than great internet provider.

Deleted
    Hmmm. I don't understand this at all. I don't play Warcraft to make friends, and only interact with the community when I need to aka I'm one of the only people to greetpeople in a PUG.
    Diablo II's Single player is insanely fun. I do it at my own pace with no pressures from other players or anything. They only thing I get mad at is when my merc decided to go loopy and get stuck behind something instead of tanking for my sorc!

Essentially you're always online, nearly all critical data is stored/generated on the battle.net servers. There's no single player mode directly, instead you create 1-person multiplayer games.

I really don't like it, i buy normal games so that i can play whenever i want and without bothering if i'm connected or not.
    If this is the way d3 works guss i've to fait a modded version or simply never play it. Quite sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like it, i buy normal games so that i can play whenever i want and without bothering if i'm connected or not.
    If this is the way d3 works guss i've to fait a modded version or simply never play it. Quite sad...
    You pretty much have the exact same mind set as me regarding these stupid rules requiring you to be online to play single player PC games. Its probably the single biggest reason I am barely interested in most PC games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    DIII is a client/server application - you can crack the client but you need to emulate the server as well to play offline.
    All random stuff - parts of levels, random dungeons, mob placement and their loot etc is all determined by the server.
    And emulating an unknown server with the only clue being the communication the client sends and receives is quite tricky.
    That may be true but then again the day after CnC 4 came out... the debacle that game was, there was a crack out that would turn your computer into a personal server for the game, since in all its magic and immense knowledge EA.... decided to make CnC 4 online only, thats how i played single player all the way through the game since at the time i didnt have internet. Also there are WoW personal servers out there... along with almost every other MMO emulator/server setup so D3 wont be any different no matter if they did try to turn it into a small based mmo

the short version, im sure there will be a crack out within a week that will let people play their D3 single player with a simple click of a server emulator
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

I'd really like to be able to log on this game and be able to play offline seeing as I'm headed to afghanistan in 6 monthes for a year tour. Would be nice blizzard! just saying!