Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

do Americans really believe Al Qaeda attacked the US because of its 'freedom'?

is it true or is it just fox?

when ever someone on TV or public speakers try to bring the reasons up they either get ignored or get booed off the stage, its been like that since 2001 and even in 2011 Ron Paul it is still no different, so no im not saying everyone but it seems a big deal or a significant part is...

edit: can we please try to be serious? why do you think there is such an overwhelming display of ignorance by these people? do they knowingly act this way?
    Last edited by Toho; 2011-11-01 at 11:49 PM.

I believe some of the freedoms we enjoy demonize us in the views of their religious extremists and that's the problem. I am not super well read into it and this is just a guess.

Yes, we Americans all came together and decided to have the exact same opinion on this issue.

Incoming thread lock. Really you think a thread like this is going to be civil?

This is probably not the best way to start this particular discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this certainly won't end well.

Obviously they wanted our Daisy Dukes.

It depends on the level of intelligence.

Think of it just like how many Europeans (and to an extent, some Americans) believe that vaccines cause Autism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I believe some of the freedoms we enjoy demonize us in the views of their religious extremists and that's the problem. I am not super well read into it and this is just a guess.

this for me aswell. im not American, but i think they dislike it. i think theyre just jelous though, but that was never a major reason.

i think theyre just jelous of your freedoms!

really i dont expect this thread to go well.

No, I would say our foreign policy in the middle east the past 50-70 years caused 9/11.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they bombed us for our oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post

This. You have to see things from their perspective; things our society allows that we think aren't a big deal (or don't even think about it) can be seen as blasphemous to them.

They attacked us because we are "infidels" or however you spell it. It's purely a ideological issue of them VS us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't actually heard much if anything upon this theory. I thought it was supposed to be upon the lines of disagreement with many of the religions practiced in the U.S. and the Al Qaeda belief in Muslim supremacy.

Not the best place for this; though, I think it necessary to point out that "because of our freedom" is an oversimplification of the complicated matter that is U.S. involvement in the Middle East.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was something to do with how aspects of the United States are immoral to them. Some people will just be unhappy with something they think is immoral, others will try to destroy it.
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

10+ Year Old Account
    when ever someone on TV or public speakers try to bring the reasons up they either get ignored or get booed off the stage, the its been like that since 2001 and even in 2011 Ron Paul it is still no different, so no im not saying everyone but it seems a big deal or a significant part is...

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    No, they bombed us for our oil.
    I agree... You are ruining their market. Shame on you!

Deleted
    Because USA is the only country with freedom

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Obviously they wanted our Daisy Dukes.
    Wait what? the adult actress? *looks confused*