Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My Favorite Class. Big Crits anyone?

Um so i'm a pally, i love this class its amazing. Pally FTW

Hold the phone....

ALL YOU SHADOW PRIEST WHO HAVEN'T TOLD PEOPLE HOW GREAT YOUR CLASS WTH!?!?

even though i'm a mere lvl 70 Spriest goodness i almost wish it was my first class i rolled.

SO with that being said what are some of the BIGGEST! 85 MB and SWD crits that you have seen?!

I'm curious just to see how ridiculous they are

much <3 Cloud, The New Spriest

~135k for mindblast, i don't know for SWD

Halfus + SWD > Arcane mage = one shotting yourself
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    179k MB on Rag, double tapping 120k SWDs on domo(heroic) almost killing myself.

Ah, reminds me of our Shadow Priest from the days of Karazhan. When Shadow Priests were ideal for taking the blue beam on Netherspite because they could heal themselves... Except, our Shadow Priest really liked to hit SW and commit suicide. Was always hilarious when it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    ~135k MB without damage increase buffs. only trinket procs pots and wings. SW ~75k with some luck on pots and wings and that to ;D

270k MB on major.

168k MB on baleroc <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not allowed to use my execute on Baleroc because it would one-shot me in the process. Shadow is great.

It has ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I'm not allowed to use my execute on Baleroc because it would one-shot me in the process. Shadow is great.

It has ups and downs.
    I've done that the last 2 weeks in a row on accident... I easily forget. Infact i did it twice last week in the same fight.

On my Spriest I crit higher than my sham(who is my main) by about 20-30k on MB. That being said Shaman can double cast and crit 50k plus from a move that is nearly spammable(8sec cd and resets CD with DoT) and auto critting. Regardless with worse gear the priest crits more even though my sham can do more damage with one spell if the double cast procs.

Edit: why crit? Isn't rotation and class feel more important regarding the fun you have while playing the class?

Deleted
    My highest crit was around 225k mind blast crit around 2-3 months ago (worse overall gear), with Theralion's mirror, darkmoon card, power torret and lightweave, pot and of course full raid buffs. I was also wearing heavy mastery gear because I couldnt get additional VT tick, I am quite sure my ES was close to the 50 % mark with TM up. There was also no external/encounter specific damage buffs (like alysrazor burnout or tricks of the trade).
    Without theralion's mirror, darkmoon card or heavy mastery gear I rarely get above 170-180k.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2011-11-04 at 10:30 AM.

We constantly hear our shadow priest going on about how huge his crits are. It's sort of become an inside joke at this point. :P

Though, don't arcane mages on average get higher crits?

240556 MB crit on Alysrazor, during her burn phase of course.
    Never paid much attention to my SW: D crits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azuresky808 View Post
    On my Spriest I crit higher than my sham(who is my main) by about 20-30k on MB. That being said Shaman can double cast and crit 50k plus from a move that is nearly spammable(8sec cd and resets CD with DoT) and auto critting. Regardless with worse gear the priest crits more even though my sham can do more damage with one spell if the double cast procs.

Edit: why crit? Isn't rotation and class feel more important regarding the fun you have while playing the class?

Well i never said the class was fun because of the crits you get i love the class as an entirety. however at 70 when i'm doubling or doing 2.5times the damage that i sustain as health i think its pretty damn cool and i just wanted to know what 85's were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    We constantly hear our shadow priest going on about how huge his crits are. It's sort of become an inside joke at this point. :P

Though, don't arcane mages on average get higher crits?

Ehh i dunno i haven't seen raid footage of arcane mages but crits don't really mean anything just crits are big numbers and hey we all love big numbers. but just guessing from what i've seen its plausible that arcane mages have bigger crits but, crits are RNG so you never know.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 11:18 PM ----------

oh i should throw in my biggest crit so far was 12k XD /flex

Deleted
    Best MB crit I've had so far was 186k, non gimmick. was on raggy (with pot and tot and procs ofc :P)

best SW: D crits? non gimmick, about 60k I guess. I don't often notice them.
    I regularly hit ~55k with it when finishing off elementals on raggy.

Deleted
    I have a shadow priest alt, and it probably is my favorite char to play

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got a 313768 mind blast crit on majordomo staghelm. i got about a 123k shadow word death crit on him aswell. other that that i got a 187 crit mind blast on rag.

15+ Year Old Account
    I turn my numbers off to focus on my surroundings more ( I noticed 150k mind blast in my recount the other day but given I'm one of the better geared people in this thread I guess I'm just not realizing how big some of my MB's really are since I don't see them. Oh but - I had a 90k mind blast on a 4700 resilience prot warrior in an RBG the other day - that made me chuckle - but they get a damage taken debuff.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Largest hit dealt 3,741,293

On that Octopus in ToTT

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed my first 100K+ MB crit on a fun run of Black Temple with some guildies a few weeks ago. I got rather giddy at the time as I had virtually no damage increasing buffs on me. Just felt like the stars had literally aligned just for that moment.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.