Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    One of the guys might be getting the legendary, this should be more than enough for him to listen to you... Remove him from the next run you guys do, and let him feel the legendary slip away. I will actually promise you, that he either listens or leaves.

The legendary is simple too juicy not to raid for...

And having 2 people that doesnt listen will halt your progress on Raggy... So your choice is simple, they either listen or you recruit 2 new people and kick the other two.

Reading all the responses I'm so glad I don't raid with any of you tightasses.

OMG TRASH IS SO SERIOUS, NO LOOT FOR YOU. I'M BENCHING YOU BECAUSE YOU PULLED. Who fucking cares? It's trash. You can literally chain and multi-pull the entire instance if your guild is worth a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Here's the question - how are you going to kill h rag in you wipe on that trash pull? We pull the whole room for lolz every week with no issues.
    Wow, you are so awesome, I wish I were like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Wow, you are so awesome, I wish I were like you.
    Because my point was to tell you my guild was awesome, and not to make people realize that there's nothing difficult about it. Offtank the fire adds, burn the magma lords and cleave the volcanoes. OMG SO DIFFICULT.

If you can't handle on the fly assignments and control your raid (even on epic trash pulls) then you have no business raid leading.

Also, if I benched my guys for chain pulling trash I'd have no guild left. "LOL cant waste an instant proc" as two new trash packs are pulled.

Deleted
    If a player that had been told several times not to do something that is totally unnecessary for him to do, that ends up wiping the raid more than once, I would get annoyed as well.

Deleted
    Because my point was to tell you my guild was awesome, and not to make people realize that there's nothing difficult about it. Offtank the fire adds, burn the magma lords and cleave the volcanoes. OMG SO DIFFICULT.

If you can't handle on the fly assignments and control your raid (even on epic trash pulls) then you have no business raid leading.

Also, if I benched my guys for chain pulling trash I'd have no guild left. "LOL cant waste an instant proc" as two new trash packs are pulled.
    I can do on the fly assignments no problem, but doesn't help much when the DPS'er pulling kills off both healers before the tanks have a chance to pick them up (yeah he was nice enough to do instant fade when the mob reached him -_-).......

Quote Originally Posted by Niablar View Post
    I can do on the fly assignments no problem, but doesn't help much when the DPS'er pulling kills off both healers before the tanks have a chance to pick them up (yeah he was nice enough to do instant fade when the mob reached him -_-).......
    As a shadow priest, I can honestly say that ive done that. It is a dick move though when he could have dispo tanked them til they got taunted lol

Deleted
    Try explain to them, that if you start wiping on trash because of fun pulls, other ppl in the raid may start loose confidence in what the raid is doing, and will also start being unfocused during boss fights, and that it may cost you more wipes on bosses aswell. More wipes cost you more time, that some ppl dont think they cant afford to put into an already very time consuming game.

As a tank I don't care at all if the DPS pulls, there's literally NO REASON to care who pulls anymore.

Who pulled mattered when we didn't have vengance, 500% threat, AoE Healing and AoE tanking abilities, it literally hasn't mattered since TBC. Anytime I see tanks QQing about DPS pulling, I just can't understand it, the only reason I've ever been able to pin it on is ettiquite? Surely we can displace ettiqute a little among friends?

I didn't really understand why a DPS would wanna pull untill I played a Healer (OH GOD SOME TANKS, GO ALREADY) or a DPSer (Hot streak is about to tick off, fucking PULL!) but even before then I didn't care too much, it really just doesn't matter anymore.

Regardless. It sounds like even your tanks don't care? So they don't see it as a big deal, your raiders obviously aren't too fussed about it, the only person bitching is you.

So you had one retarded wipe on trash, meh, who cares. Those kind'a things can make a night more interesting, I'd be more interested if my team could actually survive that than whigning on vent about it.

I seem to be in the minority but as a Raid Leader and a Tank, I say just chill out. Don't let silly things bother you, it's completely in your power.

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 08:05 AM ----------

Man I feel that.

Deleted
    Communicate - Your dpsers are dps-horny and want to pull more trash to try and aoe harder for higher numbers.

Tell them you're going to pull 3 packs of scorpions, so they can see shiny numbers. Warn them of what will happen if they stand too close when they blow up, and make your tanks ready to get the fuck away, healgrip etc. cooldowns, spamhealing. Have fun.

Dpsers like myself like to get things over with, so I will pull if the tank won't, eventhough everybody is obviously ready. Other than that, if the tank is pulling at a fine speed, I see no reason to risk my life.

Our Blood DK is blood for a reason ... He's crazy cutter if I ninja pull!

Deleted
    Obviously you are the Guild Master, they should do as said, otherwise it should have consequences
    If the whole guild turns in your back, I would obviously leave, if I were you, unless they get clever.
    It seems like lack of discipline, it would seem they don't have any raiding experience from the past expansions.
    Atleast they players I have played with, that used to raid for several years, they know how raiding works.
    And why they should listen, cause there is a reason to it.
    So I would say, that you are not whining or moaning, they are just bad raiders.
    I don't know they might be good at pulling their rotation and not failing too much.
    But there is a Guild Master / Raid Leader for a reason, and that reason is to do excatly as told

Reading all the responses I'm so glad I don't raid with any of you tightasses.

OMG TRASH IS SO SERIOUS, NO LOOT FOR YOU. I'M BENCHING YOU BECAUSE YOU PULLED. Who fucking cares? It's trash. You can literally chain and multi-pull the entire instance if your guild is worth a shit.
    Pulling is one thing, wiping the group multiple times screwing around is a completely different thing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    As a shadow priest, I can honestly say that ive done that. It is a dick move though when he could have dispo tanked them til they got taunted lol
    And that right there was my main reason for bitching about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also in a 6/7 HM guild... and to be honest, no. There is nothing wrong with DPS pulling trash. I tank in my 10 man and honestly one of two things happen when DPS pulls more trash: they are in range and me or the other tank taunt crap and LOLAOE OR the DPS faceplants and everyone laughs at him.

Even our paladin healer pulls extra trash pulls in the middle of the last pull just for lolz. We have to make the trash fun somehow and not stopping makes the trash faster on good nights and more amusing on bad nights, both of which are net positives. If FL had just come out, sure... I would be annoyed. But now its no fun unless there is a Molten Lord being tanked by one guy, the roving 3x hell hound group by another with maybe a scorp pack on the lord tank and a surger screwing around on the mage that decided it was a good idea to blast it in the face.

Bitch at stupid boss wipes due to some idiot mage blinking the Baelroc debuff right into the current shard tanks, not a humorous trash wipe.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

replace the dps that pull. in a 5 man dungeon, then sure it wouldnt even matter if they pulled, but pulling the trash in the latest tier of content?. fuck them. if the 2 tanks decide to leave because you gkicked the dps that were pulling, find 2 new tanks.

Im sorry but am I the only one hat believe this guy is an absolute douche ? "ZOMG im mr awesome"
    Not everyone plays at a high level and you thinking that people cant do HC rag if you cant chain pull is ridiculous. Get your head out of your own arse bro.

OT: I totally understand mate. You want control in your raid and your a bit shaken that the person you chose to give the legendary to doesnt give a flying fuck what you say even after mentioning it multiple times. I say fuck it just replace.
    He obviously thinks he is untouchable because you let him have the legendary. Prove that fucker wrong.

It depends on what kind of guild atmosphere you have. To me, it sounds like you don't want to be the kind of guild that plays around to the point of damage dealers deliberately getting healers killed. I can understand guilds that find that funny, but I also think it's stupid and wouldn't enjoy it myself in this expansion. It's unfortunate, but Cataclysm raids are hard enough that playing around really does result in wipes. That's mostly because they decided to cut down on total trash but make the individual mobs far stronger to compensate.

I'm on your side here, but I think right now you really should have a talk with your guild about what kind of guild you are or want to be. I don't think the disrespect shown by those two is out of contempt; they may just think this is the kind of guild where they can do whatever they want for fun and be well-liked for pulling pranks like this. This is why people say discipline, not just punishment, is important. Many people are just kids.

I hope this also explains why there are people strongly arguing two sides of this: "These people don't respect you at all." and "Trash doesn't mean anything." That doesn't mean you have to go far to one side or the other. Work with your guild; maybe being somewhere in the middle will be best.
    Last edited by Senka; 2011-11-02 at 08:28 AM.

just kick them outta the raid permanently.. even if hes getting the legendary just pick some1 else to get the eternal embers and shit no point having dps that are retards.

theres no excuse and as a GM u must be tough with raiders that dont follow the rules or people will walk all over you. no second chances just replace them. dps are a dime a dozen.

Sounds like your tanks need to take it TO THE MAX. Also bring more paladin healers. They can wear plate.

Deleted
    Them pulling is'nt that big of a deal unless someone is upset about it.

But you should definitely replace them if they fail to follow your orders.
    If you ask them to stop, they should.
    END OF STORY