Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Perhaps this will help:

Magitek Armor Mounts

Yoshi-P mentioned this months ago, but it's good to see it as a reality.
    BRB going to go play FF6 again. SO PUMPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Perhaps this will help:

Magitek Armor Mounts

Yoshi-P mentioned this months ago, but it's good to see it as a reality.
    Great. Gushing over the Magitek can make me ignore almost any amount of flaws. This thing better stay in beta until I'm done with school, or the grueling wait for holidays will manifest as physical pain =(

Magitek <3
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
    Tested on:17/03/2013 12:34:48
    Score:8308
    Average Framerate:71.179
    Performance:Extremely High
    -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
    Not bad for a 670GTX. I thought the game would look better though...

So.. is that a mount?

Because I got to get me one of those if it is...

and thankyou for the news titbit

The question is: is it just a mount, or can you use ICE BEAM and TEK MISSILE!

Need Vicks (Biggs) and Wedge to teach you to use magitek imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle
    So.. is that a mount?
    It was confirmed as a mount a while back, we're only now seeing screenshots. God I'm so excited!
    Last edited by aiko-chan; 2013-03-18 at 01:38 AM.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Need Vicks (Biggs) and Wedge to teach you to use magitek imo.
    The mount better be a drop from "Whelk".

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    The question is: is it just a mount, or can you use ICE BEAM and TEK MISSILE!
    Yoshi-P's stated it's just a mount, but he's planning on "soon after they are released" to using them in storymissions. I would imagine those abilities would be available as well.

Hey all, huge fan of FFXI - I probably logged over 100 RL days into that game in my prime. Lost interest towards the middle/end of Treasures xpac (salvage really sucked)

Can anyone point me in the direction (already read the first post and clicked linkys) to some info on this game? I didn't play the original release so anything on that would rule also.

i'm debating between going back to FFXI with the new xpac or waiting for this, so anyone who plays one or the other (or both!) I'd love you

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Hey all, huge fan of FFXI - I probably logged over 100 RL days into that game in my prime. Lost interest towards the middle/end of Treasures xpac (salvage really sucked)

Can anyone point me in the direction (already read the first post and clicked linkys) to some info on this game? I didn't play the original release so anything on that would rule also.

i'm debating between going back to FFXI with the new xpac or waiting for this, so anyone who plays one or the other (or both!) I'd love you
    14's in closed beta, and an NDA is active so no one currently playing in it can give you any info on it other than "its cool" or "their have been definite improvements". From what I understand its going through a pretty big "overhaul" so the best place for information on it is going to be the lodestone, which holds all the developer letters and blog posts.

I haven't played a FF game since FF X on the PS2 and I was thinking about playing the newer ones but I have a few questions.
    - Are they still the same gameplay wise since the last time I played it?
    - Does the story continue at all from the newer ones or could I get the newest one and know whats going on?
    - Which one would you recommend me to play, the newest one or maybe the 2nd newest one?

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I haven't played a FF game since FF X on the PS2 and I was thinking about playing the newer ones but I have a few questions.
    - Are they still the same gameplay wise since the last time I played it?
    - Does the story continue at all from the newer ones or could I get the newest one and know whats going on?
    - Which one would you recommend me to play, the newest one or maybe the 2nd newest one?
    I don't think you're quite in the right thread.. This is about the FF XIV, which is an MMO and quite different from all the single player games in the series, except XI.

Well anyway, to answer your question, no the story does not continue. Each game is a separate game unto itself. They are not related, unless it's a specific sequel, like X-2 or XIII-2. All the games from I through to XIII are otherwise different. Gameplay reflects this difference, each Final Fantasy has their own set of combat rules/levelling up systems/sidequests etc.

As for recommendation, I wouldn't recommend playing XIII or XIII-2 until you've tried the older ones, if possible. They're decent as games, but as Final Fantasies they kinda suck, imo. The older ones (perhaps start with VII so you can get straight into arguments of which is the best FF :P) are better.

All I can say is that in my opinion you're going to like it a lot. ^0^
    Still bitter.

i went back to FFXI a month ago. I regret nothing. I'm loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    14's in closed beta, and an NDA is active so no one currently playing in it can give you any info on it other than "its cool" or "their have been definite improvements". From what I understand its going through a pretty big "overhaul" so the best place for information on it is going to be the lodestone, which holds all the developer letters and blog posts.
    When is it planned to go into open beta?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    When it's ready.
    Still bitter.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Roadmap_EN.pdf

Page 8. So assuming all goes according to plan, mid-late April? That or I'm horrible at the maths and the calendars and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Roadmap_EN.pdf

Page 8. So assuming all goes according to plan, mid-late April? That or I'm horrible at the maths and the calendars and stuff.
    Sweet, if it is indeed around mid april that's not too bad. I was thinking something like next year lol.

Sweet, if it is indeed around mid april that's not too bad. I was thinking something like next year lol.
    Well, to crush your dreams, the 'worse' possibility by their estimation is June~.