1. #861
    Blitzball was my favourite side game but thoroughly enjoyed FFVIII card game. If either is in, I'm in!

  2. #862
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    Keep the card game as simple as Triple Triad and I'm sold. I found Tetra Master to be way too complicated...
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  3. #863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Seems Square Enix released a video showing the Magitek Armor, and the music that plays when you are riding it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RuIXX4ntc

    When riding a chocobo, then ofc the Chocobo theme plays XD

    Not sure if anyone has posted this video before, but this shows how people can play FFXIV ARR using a gamepad. I think this looks pretty sweet by looking at the video Yoshida posted showing us the Gamepad UI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    sorry thats not the music that will play it is the theme song from ff6 and it was only put there because the scene is a remake of the opening from ff6. roken did say hed try to put it in somewhere tho

  4. #864
    Guys, all this talk about mixing elements from other FF games is getting me all excited even though it's not likely to happen. I swear, if they were looking for a recipe for success, that would be it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 04:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Keep the card game as simple as Triple Triad and I'm sold. I found Tetra Master to be way too complicated...
    Tetra Master also had a random element in the battles. It lost my interest right there.

  5. #865
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Thereabouts
    Posts
    1,019
    Wasn't Tetra Master actually simpler than Triple Triad? But yeah, the random element just irritated me, glad they didn't link any good rewards to that sidequest, it was a horrible idea after Triple Triad's funtimes. Will be really stoked if minigames like Chocobo breeding/Hot n Cold make an appearance in the game as well!

  6. #866
    The Patient Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    if they add blitzbal then i'm sold :P
    Blitzball PVP. Linkshell vs Linkshell. Have tanks be the goalie, healers the midfield and DDs the attackers.
    Thats would be so awesome.

  7. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Blitzball PVP. Linkshell vs Linkshell. Have tanks be the goalie, healers the midfield and DDs the attackers.
    Thats would be so awesome.
    If they have Blitzball I'd so be in for that! But I don't see a reason to limit position based on pve roles. Just let people start with base skills and add skill points as you "level up" in Blitzball

  8. #868
    I forgot how beautiful this games was...

    Why did I stop playing?

    Oh yea, because it was terrible in version 1.1.

  9. #869
    It would be really nice to finally get an invite after shelling out for the CE edition of the abortion that was the original game at release... :<

  10. #870
    The Patient Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I forgot how beautiful this games was...

    Why did I stop playing?

    Oh yea, because it was terrible in version 1.1.
    At launchday yeah it was baaaaad. But by patch 1.20, it was quite enjoyable. And Yoshida is an avid MMO player himself, so I think I can trust him to make ARR into a proper MMO. ^^

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 06:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    It would be really nice to finally get an invite after shelling out for the CE edition of the abortion that was the original game at release... :<
    Yoshida has stated that the people who bought the 1.0 version of the CE, will get ARR for free, and some extra CE goodies that is planned for the ARR CE included too.

    I wasnt able to find a CE when I started playing, so even though I will get ARR for free, I will still buy ARR CE when it comes out

  11. #871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    At launchday yeah it was baaaaad. But by patch 1.20, it was quite enjoyable. And Yoshida is an avid MMO player himself, so I think I can trust him to make ARR into a proper MMO. ^^[COLOR="red"]
    I regret not playing 1.notbad, I played Closed Beta and was generally unhappy with the gameplay, how it ran on my pc and how so much basic gameplay mechanics were missing. When I heard it had barely changed on release I just went on my way and never looked back. It was only about 5months ago that I started looking into 14 again, but due to the game being shutdown and brought back as ARR I didn't bother.

  12. #872
    The Patient Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    I regret not playing 1.notbad, I played Closed Beta and was generally unhappy with the gameplay, how it ran on my pc and how so much basic gameplay mechanics were missing. When I heard it had barely changed on release I just went on my way and never looked back. It was only about 5months ago that I started looking into 14 again, but due to the game being shutdown and brought back as ARR I didn't bother.
    I picked up the game when it was about patch 1.16, in July 2011. And it was pretty fun. It had its issues, but I had fun with it. And basicly every game has its own issues. Even WOW which is "the best" MMO out there. It still has their poor designs, bugs and crashes etc.
    I really hope FFXIV turns out to be a nice success so I can keep playing it for many years to come

    And thanks to SE / Yoshida giving the players who stuck around and paid to play for 90 days total, I will have my subscription fee reduced to 9.99 euro a month instead of 12.99/14.99. That discount is for life

  13. #873
    I have two words about this game.

    Fucking amazing.

  14. #874
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    I came across some interesting things in this interview with YoshiP:
    G: I read that Dark Age of Camelot is one of your favorite MMORPGs, and it happens to be one of mine as well. Incidentally, Final Fantasy XIV has three factions. Can we expect something in a fashion similar to DAOC‘s Realm vs. Realm for A Realm Reborn‘s PvP?

    NY: Oh! Then perhaps we have fought or joined a party together before?

    For A Realm Reborn‘s PvP we plan to implement two elements: the Coliseum for “casual” PvP matches and the Frontline for large-scale PvP battles. Frontline will feature epic battles among the three city-states and would be similar to a Realm vs. Realm which you can look forward to.
    G: The design documents shared about a year ago mentioned “A Server System Built to Support a Worldless Model”. Does that mean that, down the line, there are chances for the borders between servers to be further blurred beyond the initial cross-server content finder? I’m thinking about the ability to freely travel between servers to meet your friends, for instance, that is being implemented in other games like The Elder Scrolls Online.

    NY: Our server is designed in such way that it will be able to support those “worldless structures” down the line, but we don’t intend to make it available in the beginning.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  15. #875
    This game has potential, and lot of interesting stuff. Let's just hope endgame is as good as wow's. ( in the meaning that there's raids and pvp and always something to do)

  16. #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Seems Square Enix released a video showing the Magitek Armor, and the music that plays when you are riding it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RuIXX4ntc

    When riding a chocobo, then ofc the Chocobo theme plays XD

    Not sure if anyone has posted this video before, but this shows how people can play FFXIV ARR using a gamepad. I think this looks pretty sweet by looking at the video Yoshida posted showing us the Gamepad UI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    Was kind of expecting the Yoshida guy to be old ...

    Also LOL love the shell diaper on the baby chocobo.

  17. #877
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Was kind of expecting the Yoshida guy to be old ...

    Also LOL love the shell diaper on the baby chocobo.

    nah yoshida is an avid mmo gamer which is the main reason he was given the helm of the game he LOVES western mmos and is an adamant supporter of an accessible game that presents good end game challenges. hard to differentiate what we can say and cant say lol

  18. #878
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    How old is the guy on the right lol, hes got grey hair but looks about 20, maybe its dyed.

    But yeah seeing that gameplay video made me realise how amazing the graphics are on this game. I want to play this game since im a massive final fantasy fan, but im not sure if i can really be assed to get into another mmo after ive stopped playing wow. I think id definately play with a gamepad if it was decent though.

  19. #879
    I do believe that they've sent out another wave. People have recieved invites over the last few days.
    Last edited by Definition; 2013-04-14 at 10:00 AM.

  20. #880
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Well this was fun. Made a Square Enix account and I need an authenticator to log in. The problem is, I need to log in to buy an authenticator.
    In other words - I'm locked and can't do shit. Too bad I already registered my key.
    Not sure how this happened but I find it pretty funny.
    The Square Enix site can be a real pain, I know I had some problems while registering, what does the error you get say?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •