New background music for the city of Limsa Lominsa. Gotta love the music Square Enixs makes for their games, especially Final Fantasy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52g8TPxR9XQ

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i hope shiva becomes more blueish since thats how most people see her i supose
    She will be. The developer's blog image is a work in progress. We've been told on FFXIV forums she will look like her concept art in color.

Hey guys , i was hoping someone could provide me with this information.
    If i purchase a Final Fantasy XIV box now (a local store is almost giving them away at 5 Euros (something like 6 to 7 dollars) pricetag) will i be able to play "Realm Reborn" ?
    Or will it require a new purchase? Or only past FFXIV users get to have Realm Reborn for "Free"?
    I can't seem to find this info, and i really need to know if i must pick up a box at that small price right now or not .
    I'm a big FF fan (played almost all of em , bar the XIII sequels) and i'd like to know . I couldn't afford the original XIV , the sub mostly but times change and people get jobs so ye, i could see myself playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Hey guys , i was hoping someone could provide me with this information.
    If i purchase a Final Fantasy XIV box now (a local store is almost giving them away at 5 Euros (something like 6 to 7 dollars) pricetag) will i be able to play "Realm Reborn" ?
    Or will it require a new purchase? Or only past FFXIV users get to have Realm Reborn for "Free"?
    I can't seem to find this info, and i really need to know if i must pick up a box at that small price right now or not .
    I'm a big FF fan (played almost all of em , bar the XIII sequels) and i'd like to know . I couldn't afford the original XIV , the sub mostly but times change and people get jobs so ye, i could see myself playing this.
    While I'm not entirely sure, your chances of that copy working should be fairly high. SE has been trying to remove all boxed copies of 1.0 from the market (they bought them back from retailers I think), and unless they have decided to void all 1.0 unused product keys (I haven't seen anything like this, but I guess it's possible), that one should still work.

Anyone who owns FFXIV does not have to re-purchase the game for ARR; they simply download ARR. They also get a 1 month free trial at relaunch.

You could always take the risk and buy it. As I understand it, though, atm you cannot register any product keys on their account management page (https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account), so you might be waiting a bit to see if it works.

You could also open a ticket in the above page (I don't think you need anything special to make an account with SE) and simply ask them if an unused key for 1.0 will still work come ARR.

So.. http://eu.square-enix.com/en isn't this Square Enix site? at least for EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    So.. http://eu.square-enix.com/en isn't this Square Enix site? at least for EU?
    Sorry, I'm a terrible American and didn't consider the site might be different. Yeah, that site should be it. They're all connected, so making a Square Enix account there should be perfectly fine.

oh she will, the pic of shiva is unfinished

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i hope shiva becomes more blueish since thats how most people see her i supose

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoLemonade View Post
    Sorry, I'm a terrible American and didn't consider the site might be different. Yeah, that site should be it. They're all connected, so making a Square Enix account there should be perfectly fine.
    Its fine mate, its just i don't wanna register a key on one site, then it ends up being unavailable in another ahah =p
    Well imma take a leap of faith, its just 5 euros anyway, if it doesn't work it will be a very expensive coaster for my drinks while im at the PC =p

Edit: Just purchased, registering it on the Square Enix European Members site and now shows Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn, but i can't actually register it on the website you provided (like you said i wouldn't be able).
    As per your advice i also opened up a support request to get a answer. Who knows maybe they can even manually add the game to my account =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-02 at 06:16 PM.

Its fine mate, its just i don't wanna register a key on one site, then it ends up being unavailable in another ahah =p
    Well imma take a leap of faith, its just 5 euros anyway, if it doesn't work it will be a very expensive coaster for my drinks while im at the PC =p

Edit: Just purchased, registering it on the Square Enix European Members site and now shows Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn, but i can't actually register it on the website you provided (like you said i wouldn't be able).
    As per your advice i also opened up a support request to get a answer. Who knows maybe they can even manually add the game to my account =p
    Haha and what a pretty awesome coaster it will be :P

When will this game come out, the suspense it actually killing me T.T

A lot of sites are saying late Spring, early Summer. But dev posts have said that they won't release it until they are 100% happy with it, otherwise it will end up like the original launch. So it all depends really on how positive the beta feedback is.

Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but it's a big concern of mine and I can't find much on it. When the original FF XIV was released, my friend bought it since she loves the entire series and plays lots of MMOs. She has a gaming laptop and upon installing found out the game couldn't run because of some compatibility issue with her graphic card. She couldn't get a refund and couldn't get any help from them other than "yeah that happens, too bad". She never even got to play it once.

I'm considering picking this up when it re-releases and my friend is getting kinda excited about it too. Does anyone know if any of those wonky compatibility issues with the graphics and certain types of laptop integrated cards (forget which kind, I apologize, I think nvidia) were fixed with any of this? Kind of a make or break situation for us. Thanks.

Edit: Though again I can't remember the type of card specifically, I do remember reading up on it years ago and found out the problem was actually despairingly common and that a lot of people were simply SOL because of the weird issue.

Edit #2: OKAY. I spoke with said friend and she claims her card is an "ati mobility radeon hd 5800" and that "the mobility aspect of it was the issue".
    Last edited by summourn; 2013-02-03 at 08:20 PM.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...da.html/page/1

Graphical quality is not the only thing improved with the new engine, though. Unlike the original game, players will also be able to scale the graphics options, which will allow players with low-end rigs to run the game at a decent clip while granting those with high-powered systems the ability to enjoy the much improved visuals.
    In regards to whether it actually works with your friends setup, she would just have to wait for the new benchmark and run that when it's released and hopefully the developers made it at least runnable on laptops.

Sucess ! Posting pic so if any1 has the same doubt they have a reference to go by=P , so happy the box i bought won't just be a coaster for drinks.

http://imgur.com/ig1IFvY

I haven't really been keeping up with the FFXIV 2.0 news since most of the sites are blocked at work. Anyone know how close they are to Phase 1 beta?
    FFXIV:ARR EXCALIBUR Drg (Dude where's my Wyvern?)
    Miriya Garisk 110 Pld/War Tank 110 Pld Dps 104 Drg
    Vamperica Garisk 109 Blm
    Retired from WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I haven't really been keeping up with the FFXIV 2.0 news since most of the sites are blocked at work. Anyone know how close they are to Phase 1 beta?
    It should be starting within a week or two I think.
    Currently Playing
    [ - Guild Wars 2 - ] [ - Borderlands 2 - ]
    [ - Human Mesmer - ] [ - Sylvari Thief - ] [ - Charr Elementalist - ]

Damnit YoshiP, stop being so transparent, honest and genuinely awesome.

That man doesn't get nearly enough respect for how spectacular of a job he's done since being brought on. He's probably the best thing to happen to Squeenix proper in the past decade. He's definitely one of the guys in the MMO (and general gaming) industry that I respect the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...da.html/page/1

In regards to whether it actually works with your friends setup, she would just have to wait for the new benchmark and run that when it's released and hopefully the developers made it at least runnable on laptops.
    Sorry for the super belated reply. Just wanted to say thanks for that. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see if it runs or not. She has a specifically gaming-built laptop so it wasn't outdated/performance issues, just a weird thing they had with some cards that caused the game to crash entirely. Hopefully the new engine overhaul will help. :3
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Damnit YoshiP, stop being so transparent, honest and genuinely awesome.

That man doesn't get nearly enough respect for how spectacular of a job he's done since being brought on. He's probably the best thing to happen to Squeenix proper in the past decade. He's definitely one of the guys in the MMO (and general gaming) industry that I respect the most.
    Right? I have sincere hopes that ARR kicks off. I have faith in the new team behind it.