1. #1

    How in the name of god does their MAP suck so badly???

    Seriously, so many other parts of the game are well done and intuitive. Then ... then there is the map. Dear god. How has that thing not been addressed? It feels like it should be one of the simpler items to improve and I've not come across anyone that likes it so far. Ah well. Just venting.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,139
    It's fine, really. It takes a week or two to get used to.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Seriously, so many other parts of the game are well done and intuitive. Then ... then there is the map. Dear god. How has that thing not been addressed? It feels like it should be one of the simpler items to improve and I've not come across anyone that likes it so far. Ah well. Just venting.
    The map was much worse on release. It actually tells you some of the points of interest the zones contain.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,481
    Not a huge fan of the map either, but I got used to it *shrug*
    Meh.

  5. #5
    Not a huge fan of the map either, but I got used to it *shrug*
    It's not the best map out there, but it's functional. It's 1000000000 times better than the map they had at release.

    I just got used to it as well.

  6. #6
    I'll give it a bit more time.
    Better to have a fun game and shitty map then the other way round, so I'll give them that lol.

  7. #7
    you think that map is bad? have you played EvE?
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,481
    To be fair, there's no winning with a map for a game like EVE :P
    Meh.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    To be fair, there's no winning with a map for a game like EVE :P
    A holographic interactive map that is projected into your room and you can touch star systems to navigate!!!!! I can dream I guess

  10. #10
    I agree that the map is not brilliant. But as others have said you'll get used to it. I find the map far far harder to navigate on console versions than the PC. The map was one of the main driving factors that made me put my PS4 version back onto the shelf and login to the PC again


    Gorgeous sig by Jassinta

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,730
    I love the map because it feels like a real functional map.

    That said, it lacks some common information. Not sure what the balance is.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

  12. #12
    What I wish they'd do with the city maps is make the aethernet shards so you can either click on em or mouse over it and see it's name so you know where to port. Not an issue for me now that I've been playing ages but it would have been useful as hell when I first started!


    Gorgeous sig by Jassinta

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Caesius Baelthar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,108
    It takes some getting used to but I don't think it's utterly worthless. It's improved quite a bit since launch as well. At this point I'm familiar enough with the game world to rarely need a map.

  14. #14
    At first I hated the map also, but I got used to it.
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy-DathRemar View Post
    I agree that the map is not brilliant. But as others have said you'll get used to it. I find the map far far harder to navigate on console versions than the PC. The map was one of the main driving factors that made me put my PS4 version back onto the shelf and login to the PC again
    You do realize, yes, that you can use full keyboard + mouse UI on PS4? The system will support it with no issues, and I have, myself, switched exclusively to the ps4 because I can still use the kb+m combo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •