Stuck on main quest

So Im stuck on the Main Quest "Shock and Awe".

I have not played the game for a very very long time, i just bought Heavenward and logged on. I can't for the life of me complete that quest. I guess i have to low of a gear.

How should i do to go on with this? What is the best way of gearing up at lvl 50?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    So Im stuck on the Main Quest "Shock and Awe".

I have not played the game for a very very long time, i just bought Heavenward and logged on. I can't for the life of me complete that quest. I guess i have to low of a gear.

How should i do to go on with this? What is the best way of gearing up at lvl 50?
    Btw My item level is 67

It's been ages since I did that Quest, but as new Paladin I sure did have trouble completing it.

Do you have anybody in your FC who could go to expansion city and purchase item level 115 armor, accessories and weapon(s) for you?
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k 4.0Ghz | CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S24 | GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB |
    MB: Asus Maximus VII Ranger | Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W |
    SSD: 128GB | HDD: 1TB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB DDR3-1600 | OS: Win 7 Home -64 |

I may be mistaken, but I think that's a quest you can do with your Chocobo summoned as a battle companion, so that should help. As for gearing up, getting someone to get you some of the 115 armor from Ishgard will definitely help, though just doing the quests in the MSQ awards gear upgrades and that will also help (the quest you're on should now give item level 110 blue earrings, for example, whereas pre-expansion you'd have to run dungeons and get soldiery/poetics tomestomes to get the upgrades).

Quickest way to deal with the gear gap, though, is what Anzaman suggested, and then replace those as you get stuff with better stats (though ilvl 110, the blue stuff will end up being better than the vendor 115 stuff from Ishgard).

Huh. I guess I had an advantage having done end game stuff months before Heavensward. I had a 103 itemlevel. :S

He has most likely better gear than that.

Quest rewards give you itemlvl ~100-110 or something like that.
    I don't remember any quest being difficult, but internet says you can use your chocobo.