1. #2701
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Work in 4. Gone for the weekend. Missing Beta (level 23 already, but still...)and MLG. But at least I get to go to a resort. Win-lose?
    Let's trade, I'd love a resort get-away.

  2. #2702
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    Aww, still no duty finder.

    Not sure what class to play this weekend. I should continue my level 20 pugilist but I like trying new things. Really I'm itching to try Arcanist but I'll have a while to wait for that. ><
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  3. #2703
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    7,788
    I kind of want to mess around in FFXIV, but at the same time I don't want to spoil myself too much of it, =\

  4. #2704
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Tiger View Post
    Let's trade, I'd love a resort get-away.
    It's less of a resort and more of a retreat center. It's nice though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    I kind of want to mess around in FFXIV, but at the same time I don't want to spoil myself too much of it, =\
    I'd say just explore all the parts you're interested in that are available enough to see what you'd want changed or how well it's done.

    Have fun with beta y'all! Let me know what changes go down.

  5. #2705
    The Patient arukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    232
    So I just recieved a beta key

    I went through the proccess of creating an account but I haven't got any mail to confirm my account. Is it usual to take some time to be mailed? It would be a shame if I could not try the beta this weekend because of that :S
    Arukas

  6. #2706
    Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    So I just recieved a beta key

    I went through the proccess of creating an account but I haven't got any mail to confirm my account. Is it usual to take some time to be mailed? It would be a shame if I could not try the beta this weekend because of that :S
    Ehh their system is a bit odd. As long as you did everything right, it should work...eventually. I don't remember a confirmation e-mail though...hmm...maybe just try logging in?

  7. #2707
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,805
    So I just got a beta key, made an account and i'm currently in the process of installing the beta client.

    Does the beta work like WoW's PTR where it's essentially up just as much as the live client, or are there "sessions" to keep an eye out for? What's the easiest way to see when these sessions will be happening? Currently have about 200 mins+ to wait for the download, so won't be logging on any time soon.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  8. #2708
    The Patient arukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Ehh their system is a bit odd. As long as you did everything right, it should work...eventually. I don't remember a confirmation e-mail though...hmm...maybe just try logging in?
    Well that's stupid...just created another account with my other mail adress and instantly recieved a confirmation e-mail. Guess I'll be playing after all I hope...
    Arukas

  9. #2709
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    So I just got a beta key, made an account and i'm currently in the process of installing the beta client.

    Does the beta work like WoW's PTR where it's essentially up just as much as the live client, or are there "sessions" to keep an eye out for? What's the easiest way to see when these sessions will be happening? Currently have about 200 mins+ to wait for the download, so won't be logging on any time soon.
    The only live client is the beta. It goes up during the weekend only, at least that's how it's been for Beta P3 sessions. 2 AM PDT Friday Morning through 2 AM PDT Sunday morning (aka started 3.5 hours ago). To see the schedules, they will update the forums. You can see the current test schedule under the big
    "Please Read Before the Beta Test
    -Design Concepts for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn".

  10. #2710
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    So I just got a beta key, made an account and i'm currently in the process of installing the beta client.

    Does the beta work like WoW's PTR where it's essentially up just as much as the live client, or are there "sessions" to keep an eye out for? What's the easiest way to see when these sessions will be happening? Currently have about 200 mins+ to wait for the download, so won't be logging on any time soon.
    This is phase 3. At the moment, it's just been weekends. Friday at 2:00AM PST to Sunday 2:00AM PST. Eventually it'll open up more, then close again for open beta which we really don't know much about atm.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  11. #2711
    Bloodsail Admiral Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    hmm that is true. The cooldowns for pallies is a bit longer than normal for some skills, so i guess if I think of it like that it isn't too bad.
    I still would think 2 second is perfect, but that's me. How do you get speed to reduce the GCD anyway?

    And around 4 hours and 20 minutes till the servers are up I think.

    Edit: omg you changed your avatar, I didn't recognize you.
    Yeah I changed it up, wanted to show off my pugilist lol. I think ill go back to my old avatar though, I miss it lol.

    Sucks though, I gotta go to work and miss out on like the first 10 hours of beta. T_T

  12. #2712
    So i ran into some kind of problem. I just ended the Grand Company quest and joined the Immortal Flames. After that i went back to Walking Sands and since then the only Quest i have left is to get a Choboco. So uh...What place should i go as level 21 1/2 to continue?

  13. #2713
    People who are having problems entering your key: How about you read the email that they sent you and click on that of the VERY obviously place links; the first of which takes you to the place to enter it and get your downloaded and the second that takes you to the forums, hmm?

    Their website is shit, but it does not matter how crappy their website is if you don't take the time to read, now does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Hmm their writing style reads as male to me.

    Now you've got me wondering.

  14. #2714
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,805
    I seem to be struggling when it comes to screenshots; both printscreening, and using Razer Game Booster's Screencast option.

    Anyone have similar issues?
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  15. #2715
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I seem to be struggling when it comes to screenshots; both printscreening, and using Razer Game Booster's Screencast option.

    Anyone have similar issues?
    I just launch it through steam and use f12.

  16. #2716
    1.0 Collector's Edition owner/player. Still no beta key for ARR.

    Sad chocobo
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  17. #2717
    Bloodsail Admiral Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    1.0 Collector's Edition owner/player. Still no beta key for ARR.

    Sad chocobo
    Dosent guarantee you a beta key sadly, Its luck of the draw on the applications. However if you resubmit a new app then go to the beta forums and post in the thread about not reciveing a key or a key not working they tend to just send you one. It worked my friend lol

  18. #2718
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Dosent guarantee you a beta key sadly, Its luck of the draw on the applications. However if you resubmit a new app then go to the beta forums and post in the thread about not reciveing a key or a key not working they tend to just send you one. It worked my friend lol
    Thanks for the tip. I might just try that
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  19. #2719
    Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but when, if ever, will the Arcanist be added to Beta? It's the only thing i'm interested in so i wanted to try it out.

  20. #2720
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but when, if ever, will the Arcanist be added to Beta? It's the only thing i'm interested in so i wanted to try it out.
    I don't think it will be in beta, or if it is won't come until P4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •