15+ Year Old Account
    It is a "don't ask, don't tell" sort of thing. If you're using it for your personal use, then you're fine. Just don't go waving your dick...I mean parser around in every one's face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    It is a "don't ask, don't tell" sort of thing. If you're using it for your personal use, then you're fine. Just don't go waving your dick...I mean parser around in every one's face.
    Thank you, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear tbh I didn't realise just how useful I found it until I couldn't have one.

It's a definitely a case of 'don't speak about it and you'll be fine'. Just avoid mentioning it at all - even positively - and you shouldn't be at any risk at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    Thank you, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear tbh I didn't realise just how useful I found it until I couldn't have one.
    Just keep in mind that they aren't all that accurate. Esp DoT damage is a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's a definitely a case of 'don't speak about it and you'll be fine'. Just avoid mentioning it at all - even positively - and you shouldn't be at any risk at all.
    That's reassuring, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Just keep in mind that they aren't all that accurate. Esp DoT damage is a problem.
    Ahh, that's good to know, thanks for the warning. Hopefully some information will be better than absolutely none.

Heh, I did my first treasure map in ages today. Since the Heavensward zones are much larger than the other zones it took me about half an hour to work out where to go.

Deleted
    Btw I heard today that we re gonna be getting a new flight mini game with rings and stuff in 3.1 is this true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Heh, I did my first treasure map in ages today. Since the Heavensward zones are much larger than the other zones it took me about half an hour to work out where to go.
    That's what I got to work with, haha...

Many thanks, Berethos I guess it's clear from the screenshots I've seen that it's a different engine so I have no excuse for not actually realising that, was the engine part of why 1.0 was so slated?

One thing I've found difficult when trying out some other MMOs was that the engine often seemed to be heavily derived from or at least extremely similar to Warhammer Online's, which is one of the few games I got really averse to so I have this visceral negative reaction when I encounter something that looks like it again. Rift definitely seemed to be, also FFXIV ARR (the only FF I know). I used to work with OSS developers so I understand and value the whole idea of reusing code, etc etc, but... as a user, when they don't change up the user experience enough you feel jaded before you've even performed a single action.
    The original engine was Crystal Tools, the same one used for FFXIII and an in-house one developed by Square Enix. Not a bad engine at all for offline games, lead to some pretty terrible performance issues and short cuts to make it work for an online game. There were a number of other big reasons it was widely panned at launch (design decisions unrelated to performance), but engine related performance was definitely one of them.

FFXIV 2.0, on the other hand, apparently uses a scaled down adaptation of the Luminous Engine, another in-house engine (FFXV will be the first to use the full version of that), so if there are parts of it that feel like Warhammer Online's engine (Gamebryo, which is the same one used by Rift, so you're spot on there) it's likely incidental and a bit based on perceived similarities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    That's what I got to work with, haha...
    I'm sure you found it already since this was a bit ago, but it's at 38,24

Okay I am level 60 and trying to unlock all the dungeons for duty finder : high level dungeons and the last two I have left us Snowcloak and keeper of the lake but I know I have completed those two and they show up in my duty finder realm reborn dungeon list. What am I missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Okay I am level 60 and trying to unlock all the dungeons for duty finder : high level dungeons and the last two I have left us Snowcloak and keeper of the lake but I know I have completed those two and they show up in my duty finder realm reborn dungeon list. What am I missing?
    problaby the hard version of wanderers palace and Amdapor keep

No Tusk Club.

There are only 2 ??? Left in my list of requirements which should be Snowcloak and keeper. Do you have to complete doing those other two to get snow and keeper?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are only 2 ??? Left in my list of requirements which should be Snowcloak and keeper. Do you have to complete doing those other two to get snow and keeper?
    It's impossible to already done heavensward content without having done snowcloak and Keeper of the lake as those two are Main scenario quest Dungeons. The last two in the last are the Hard version of Wanderers palace and Amdapor keep as people overlook those. So either you aren't 60 yet or you are getting stuff very wrong.

No Tusk Club.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Duty_Roulette

That should tell you what you're missing if you compare it to your in game list.

Okay I was confusing wanderers and amdapor normal with hard, do I have to do them once to unlock the hard mode or is there an npc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I was confusing wanderers and amdapor normal with hard, do I have to do them once to unlock the hard mode or is there an npc?
    you complete them normal then the quest unlocks for the hard ( where i do not remember though) but that's what the link can help with

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    you complete them normal then the quest unlocks for the hard ( where i do not remember though) but that's what the link can help with
    Okay thanks, the two npcs that offer them are showing no quests atm so I will do them in normal, t hanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    The original engine was Crystal Tools, the same one used for FFXIII and an in-house one developed by Square Enix. Not a bad engine at all for offline games, lead to some pretty terrible performance issues and short cuts to make it work for an online game. There were a number of other big reasons it was widely panned at launch (design decisions unrelated to performance), but engine related performance was definitely one of them.

FFXIV 2.0, on the other hand, apparently uses a scaled down adaptation of the Luminous Engine, another in-house engine (FFXV will be the first to use the full version of that), so if there are parts of it that feel like Warhammer Online's engine (Gamebryo, which is the same one used by Rift, so you're spot on there) it's likely incidental and a bit based on perceived similarities.
    Thanks for this, very interesting! I think you're right that it's certain features that are probably just conventions for the genre that are ringing bells for me. One or two in particular.

Such a shame FFXV is console only, it looks gorgeous. XIV is my first FF game, I've missed out on so much.

On topic for FFXIV: I've been levelling arcanist and having so much fun, now I want to make that my main. I seem to fall in love with every class I play in this game

Thanks for this, very interesting! I think you're right that it's certain features that are probably just conventions for the genre that are ringing bells for me. One or two in particular.

Such a shame FFXV is console only, it looks gorgeous. XIV is my first FF game, I've missed out on so much.

On topic for FFXIV: I've been levelling arcanist and having so much fun, now I want to make that my main. I seem to fall in love with every class I play in this game
    This is the part where I don't tell you about ffxi, and I don't tell you that it is an MMO where most of the ffxiv creature art assets come from and I don't tell you that it was made back when MMOs were designed to be hard.