Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    -snip-
    BLM seems to be about precise timing to get off heavy hitting spells at the cost of being screwed over easily if there's a lot of movement. That's the impression I get at least - they seem to adhere to the 'glass cannon' stereotype as well. I'll likely give every class a try at some point but for now I'm content to just play the classes that are right in the thick of the action swinging their weapons at the enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    From my very limited experience I do think BLM has a higher skill - or maybe 'informedness', if that were a word - level than the other classes I've tried
    Yes BLM has to know the most about any boss in order to reach acceptable numbers, since nearly everything is position bound. Going in blind, learning as you go will leave you under the bottom of the barrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I underestimated the power of rested XP, MSQ and dungeon roulette bonuses.

My alt is almost 52 while being just 3/4 into patch 2.1. I'll probably hit 60 by the time I reach Sohm Al or Aery in the MSQ><. If that's the case, should I level a different job all the way to 60 so that the lovely MSQ xp doesn't go to waste? I'm not really in a hurry to do the dungeon grind at 60 on this character, so that's not a concern (I want to get Grandmaster of Magic on this one)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you'll slow down quite a bit so it is highly unlikely that you'll hit 60 at Sohm Al or Aery.

Where is the most likely area in heavensward to level on Fate groups? I did every single quest in Heavensward and MSQ to get to 60 and I would like to get another Job to 60.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-09-16 at 04:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Where is the most likely area in heavensward to level on Fate groups? I did every single quest in Heavensward and MSQ to get to 60 and I would like to get another character to 60.
    I think coerthas (the 50+ area ofc lol) and churning mists are the two major places ppl go for fate leveling, I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Heh, I thought unlocking all the ??? would open up high level roulette, but I have to complete them all first. I have about 12-15 dungeons to do and I am kicking myself just to do more than one a day.
    Keep in mind that if you wait until 3.1, which should be a month or so from now, the kills in level 50 dungeons will reward experience (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) . As you're probably aware, they currently give zero, except for the bonus you get for doing the daily HL roulette.

I personally don't see much reason to rush unlocking the HL roulette right now. You'll spend like 6-10 hours doing them all and getting nothing for it until you do unlock it. And the daily bonus isn't really all that great, I would rather run a dungeon of my current level for the same amount plus possible gear drops. Once you hit 60 there's no point in running them either, I don't think they give any Esoterics, and you'll get more Law from Expert roulette.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    Keep in mind that if you wait until 3.1, which should be a month or so from now, the kills in level 50 dungeons will reward experience (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) . As you're probably aware, they currently give zero, except for the bonus you get for doing the daily HL roulette.

I personally don't see much reason to rush unlocking the HL roulette right now. You'll spend like 6-10 hours doing them all and getting nothing for it until you do unlock it. And the daily bonus isn't really all that great, I would rather run a dungeon of my current level for the same amount plus possible gear drops. Once you hit 60 there's no point in running them either, I don't think they give any Esoterics, and you'll get more Law from Expert roulette.
    You are correct! 3.1 will give level 50 dungeons EXP. So I concur with you, that it might be wiser to wait for for 3.1 and just run them on an alt class. So you kill two birds with one stone!

I can't wait until 3.1 arrives. I've been avoiding doing anything other than PvP and Trial roulette for tomes since I can't stomach another run of Neverreap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I can't wait until 3.1 arrives. I've been avoiding doing anything other than PvP and Trial roulette for tomes since I can't stomach another run of Neverreap.
    I've actually experienced a neverreap abandon. My friend has experienced two since he was with me for the first one.

It was traumatizing. The tank and the melee DPS only focused the boss, and my friend and I would do the totems, eventually though the tank started to try to help but didn't know what to do (hopefully) and moved it to where him and the melee where on top of about two totems, A totem drops on the melees head and three spawn, we kill all but one because again, boss focusing, and the tanks actually taking damage for some reason which means I can't help dps. Melee gets picked again and the circle spawns three more, we end up wiping at 1%.

The fight lasted 7 minutes and 30 seconds until we wiped. =[

It was magical and awful and I didn't think it was possible. It happened again to my friend in another group a few days later, but he thinks that group was just trolling because the tank would put the boss ontop of totems ot make them harder to notice.

With that said, I've taken a bit of a break. Been playing some League and Destiny, tried out Skyforge, didn't like it to much.

My fiance is from Canada and we've been doing the visa process so we can get married and he can immigrate here, his interviews next week and he SHOULD be here next month so... I probably won't be playing FF for a while, so I've kinda backed off. I don't wanna get SUPER involved and then be like, HOLD ON DEAR I LEMME KILL THIS BOSS AND THEN I'LL DO DINNER, while I'm huddled over my computer in a corner. Welcome to America! I have FF bosses to kill, I'd invite you, but your computers still in Canada! LOL

I actually really liked the dungeon itself the first few times I did it. The bosses each have interesting mechanics, the music is pretty nice and I like the aesthetics too. It hasn't held up as well for me as Fractal has, though - but I feel like that may be due to me loving absolutely everything to do with the Allagans and their creations.

Hopefully the 3.1 dungeons will hold up for longer and they'll join the existing two in the current expert roulette instead of being left to fend for themselves.

Where is the most likely area in heavensward to level on Fate groups? I did every single quest in Heavensward and MSQ to get to 60 and I would like to get another Job to 60.
    Coerthas Western Highlands 50-52, Churning Mists 52~57, Dravanian Hinterlands ~57-60

I also like to do the Clan Hunts while in queue for the roulettes (depending on what role i'm queueing with since tank and heals have pretty fast queue pops) so I can work on getting seals so it doesn't feel like I'm wasting time or at least not maximizing my opportunities for character progression.

Neverreap on its own really isn't that bad of a dungeon. But in comparison to Fractal, it's just so much more of a pain in the butt.

Neverreap:
    - Tornadoes swirling around between the trash
    - First boss has his silly hiding phase and multiple exploding adds
    - Deadly bee trash
    - Second boss has those awful totems
    - Evil giraffes(?), and more deadly bees
    - Last boss with an invulnerability stage, more tornadoes, and a charged knockback that can throw people to their deaths

Most of that is fairly standard, but then there's Fractal.

Fractal:
    - None of that Neverreap nonsense

It's pretty much the difference between doing a Normal and HM of the same dungeon, but for the same reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neverreap on its own really isn't that bad of a dungeon. But in comparison to Fractal, it's just so much more of a pain in the butt.

Neverreap:
    - Deadly bee trash
    - Last boss with an invulnerability stage, more tornadoes, and a charged knockback that can throw people to their deaths

Fractal:

It's pretty much the difference between doing a Normal and HM of the same dungeon, but for the same reward.
    I love Fractal in comparison to Neverreap.

But!

I found out the other day that they're not actually bees! They're little stingray things and they don't do Final Sting. THANK GOD.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I love Fractal in comparison to Neverreap.

But!

I found out the other day that they're not actually bees! They're little stingray things and they don't do Final Sting. THANK GOD.
    The divine wasps however...do. Also you have to be careful around the Elbst as they can apply a vulnerability debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The divine wasps however...do. Also you have to be careful around the Elbst as they can apply a vulnerability debuff.
    Yeah, those are earlier, tho. They're before the guy with the totems.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yeah, those are earlier, tho. They're before the guy with the totems.
    Oh yeah. Regardless, the elbst still need to be watched out for.

Neverreap:
    - Deadly bee trash

Fractal:

Actually the last boss doesn't ever become completely invulnerable. I've killed it multiple times during the add phase. It might take reduced damage, honestly I'm not sure. But it most definitely isn't invulnerable. If it's really low on health and switches to the add phase, if there are smart ranged in the group, they'll just burn it down in a few seconds and stop the rest of that phase. Kinda the same with the totem boss and the last boss in Fractal actually. Boss is at 5% and marks everyone for totems (or adds spawn in Fractal), people seem to go crazy and run all over. But if they'd just keep DPSing, the boss would be dead before the mechanics actually matter.

Honestly both dungeons have equally annoying parts to me, but neither is terribly bad. The thing I find really annoying in Fractal is other players not knowing the targeting order on trash. "Hi, I do a great big AoE that actually hits decently hard!" "yeah... let's kill the weak ass single target guy instead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Actually the last boss doesn't ever become completely invulnerable. I've killed it multiple times during the add phase. It might take reduced damage, honestly I'm not sure. But it most definitely isn't invulnerable. If it's really low on health and switches to the add phase, if there are smart ranged in the group, they'll just burn it down in a few seconds and stop the rest of that phase. Kinda the same with the totem boss and the last boss in Fractal actually. Boss is at 5% and marks everyone for totems (or adds spawn in Fractal), people seem to go crazy and run all over. But if they'd just keep DPSing, the boss would be dead before the mechanics actually matter.

Honestly both dungeons have equally annoying parts to me, but neither is terribly bad. The thing I find really annoying in Fractal is other players not knowing the targeting order on trash. "Hi, I do a great big AoE that actually hits decently hard!" "yeah... let's kill the weak ass single target guy instead..."
    and every white mage agrees with you on the last part about the kill order

So I have to get lancer to 35 for my monk to get its buff ability, I was also looking at machinist, what max level of archer/bard would I need to get to have all the abilities I need for machinist?