Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bad wording in that makes me feel as if it might be a scam. Namely because current beta keys are by invite only. They will not be handed out freely till phase 4. More so the fact it is through face book and there is no offical announcment about it on the offical website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Facebook page is legit, and all it asks is for access to your facebook through an app which you can immediately delete. Worth a shot, I'll confirm later today.

Where would I go about downloading the game to access said beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sil-Iris View Post
    Can someone tell if the abve post is legit?
    Yes, my friends already registered and downloaded the client from the official beta forum already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Facebook page is legit, and all it asks is for access to your facebook through an app which you can immediately delete. Worth a shot, I'll confirm later today.
    As an IT professional I would implore you not to do it at the risk of infecting your computer. Just be patient and waite for phase 4 beta, I can promise you that clicking that link will most likely depost some malicous code somewhere on your PC.

10+ Year Old Account

Where would I go about downloading the game to access said beta?
    Login to your EU account and download the client from the beta forum, the getting started thread if i'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    As an IT professional I would implore you not to do it at the risk of infecting your computer. Just be patient and waite for phase 4 beta, I can promise you that clicking that link will most likely depost some malicous code somewhere on your PC.
    No IT professional states that they are :| Sure, sites can give you viruses but that's why you install adblock, scriptblock and disable web-java for your browser.

It's the official Playstation page for Germany (.de)

I liked and followed but page is presumably just loading (some spinny icon thing)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    No IT professional states that they are :| Sure, sites can give you viruses but that's why you install adblock, scriptblock and disable web-java for your browser.

I liked and followed but page is presumably just loading (some spinny icon thing)
    Sorry I stated my profession, ill remember not to try and give some creedence to my advice in the future. Enjoy your scam though =)

10+ Year Old Account

You will get 2 keys, 1 for PC version and 1 for PS3.

Sorry I stated my profession, ill remember not to try and give some creedence to my advice in the future. Enjoy your scam though =)
    Oh because liking an Official Facebook page is really going to hurt! Oh noes!
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    No IT professional states that they are :|
    U wot m8? What the fuck gave you that idea? Much like vegans and FFXI players, IT professionals will be more than happy to inform everyone within earshot that they are one. And then they'll usually tell you about Linux...

Well, I'm a software architect. Oops, sorry for stating it . For the facebook thing, rational Schrödinger would say that nobody knows until the link is effectively clicked, an IT consultant could easily say there is high probability for infection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    How is the game compared to what it was like 3-4 months ago?

I got in the beta with the NDA and it was pretty bland and boring, with terrible combat. Has it improved much? Even if you say no, I will probably download the beta again to give it another go. The whole game looked pretty disappointing though.
    It's different, in my opinion in a good way. The GCD appears to have been lowered to 2 seconds, and only weapon skills are on it. Other abilities (such as active cooldowns) are not on the same GCD as weapon skills.

The site does nothing then give you a key...all the rest has to go through official ff14 website.
    And i don't believe those hackers are so awesome to generate legit keys to log into se website and register a legit acc and hack their client. BEcause if they can every beta client is infected already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    The site does nothing then give you a key...all the rest has to go through official ff14 website.
    And i don't believe those hackers are so awesome to generate legit keys to log into se website and register a legit acc and hack their client. BEcause if they can every beta client is infected already.
    If it gave you a key thats cool I personaly doubt the validity of it since phase three access if by application invite only. It is easy though to give a fake code, I could type out a few random number/letter combinations and say it is a legit code. As for downloading the beta client, anyone can download the client, its not restricted to people who got invites only.

If it does indeed work for yout though and you can access the beta come friday when it opens back up then congrats and I will say sorry and sincerly wish you have an enjoyable experience on the test servers =)

If it gave you a key thats cool I personaly doubt the validity of it since phase three access if by application invite only. It is easy though to give a fake code, I could type out a few random number/letter combinations and say it is a legit code. As for downloading the beta client, anyone can download the client, its not restricted to people who got invites only.

If it does indeed work for yout though and you can access the beta come friday when it opens back up then congrats and I will say sorry and sincerly wish you have an enjoyable experience on the test servers =)
    It's the official Sony facebook site with lots of users and Sony news. And yes indeed it only gives you a key. I went to the official SE website my own (because clicking links is risky these days in the internet) and logged in with my acc that i already made and the code got accepted there. So i guess it is indeed legit since i went through the official beta register form from SE.

edit: And thank you <3
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2013-06-19 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yoshi on why the sub model works and why it doesn't

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/fi...lay-exclusive/

lmao if this is the "golden age" of f2p games then i'd hate to see what the following years will bring

lmao

i'd rather play 1.0 than most f2p games out there right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dremnit View Post
    lmao if this is the "golden age" of f2p games then i'd hate to see what the following years will bring

lmao

Why?

/10char
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by dremnit View Post

lmao

Well it is not golden for us but from a developer pov since those games make more money then with their subscription model. At least thats what the fuss is about. Personally I never will invest any serious amount of time in a F2P game

10+ Year Old Account
    Code works. I set up a new gmail, and selected Germany as my country, and the whole thing actually worked! I'll post pics if anyone wants confirmation!
    Last edited by Sil-Iris; 2013-06-19 at 07:12 PM.