Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Did you unlock challenge log and do daily randoms?
    Guildhests, all done once for the xp boost you get from them

Daily roulette once every day, because more and my mind gets fried. (pulling dps, dps'ing healers).

Challenge Log, finished Fates, Dungeons, and erm.. 1 more which I forgot

Deleted
    People shouldn't forget that leveling a new account is different from leveling another class

100% XP bonus is a huge deal, especially when running dungeons.
    1 LLD roulette will give you a level up pre 50, but only if you already have a class thats higher than the one you wish to level.

I'm not even sure whether running dungeons (aside from roulette) is a good way to level your first class.
    Quests and Leves are probably faster (depending on the quests and the dungeons you can go to) and sometimes even less boring.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-10-05 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Yesterday's Neverreap was one of these days where I was about to leave FF14 if I didn't know that EU servers were comming up.

-had to hit every button like 4-5 times before the game recognized it that I wanted to do the spell.
    I know it won't help you, but DAMN it's good to read s/o else having this problem.

The game "not getting it" makes dancing in and out of cleric stance such a pain.

Servers really are acting up as of late.

10+ Year Old Account
    People shouldn't forget that leveling a new account is different from leveling another class

100% XP bonus is a huge deal, especially when running dungeons.
    1 LLD roulette will give you a level up pre 50, but only if you already have a class thats higher than the one you wish to level.

I'm not even sure whether running dungeons (aside from roulette) is a good way to level your first class.
    Quests and Leves are probably faster (depending on the quests and the dungeons you can go to) and sometimes even less boring.
    I actually leveled ab alt and got one level almost every roulette

I also got to 50 before doing story qhests above 22(btw you will hit 52 from sylph story quests to end)

They give more then you might think

Though I alsp had rested xp and used food

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I actually leveled ab alt and got one level almost every roulette

I also got to 50 before doing story qhests above 22(btw you will hit 52 from sylph story quests to end)

They give more then you might think

Though I alsp had rested xp and used food

I leveld my archer when HW came out, he was around 29/31 or so, went Haukes multiple times
    got all the DRK and MNC in my group etc.
    Was Rested + had 100% bonus from having a lvl 50 and clearly remembered that I didn't get more than 1 level max (could be 90% could be 110%, I didn't check *exactly* how far my XP has progressed before I joined the dungeon

which means being non rested + not being on the same level as the dungeon + not having a higher class should mean you'd have to run the dungeon at least 2-3 times, depending on whether you use LLD roulette or not.
    Roulette XP bonus depends on what dungeon you go to and what you level you are but shouldn't be more than ~30% of a level.

It also depends on whether you outlevel the dungeon or not, if the mobs are the same level as you, you end up getting +~400% xp due to kill chains, but as soon as you are above them, you end up with +150-200% and if you arn't rested or arn't getting the armory bonus it's 0%.

-which means you have to kill 3x more mobs.
    -which means not having fun 3 times because LLDs are horribly easy and boring (especially if you get leveled *down* even further)
    Rotations are boring, encounters are boring, you'll just end up hating the game.

can't recommend leveling through dungeons alone.
    especially after lvl 50, which is what I did when I leveld my SCH to 60.
    Holy crap... never again.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-10-05 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the alternative?
    Hunts? Fate grind?

Lets face it, leveling 50-60 w/o the main story is a pain either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What's the alternative?
    Hunts? Fate grind?

Just completed levelling Warrior to 60, having Astrologian as my first class (well, job in this case) to 60.
    From 57+ it was pretty easy, 1m experience from roulettes and the level 3 hunts in Ishgar, else spam Library from 59 to 60, after ~7-8 runs, you've gained approx 3.4mill xp (Guaranteed 200k from all bosses alone) and 5k xp from the other mobs.

As I usually main healing, I'll be levelling Scholar to 60 (currently 51) as my next project. It'll be dreadful, but at least I can queue for dps if the healing queues are longer. Yes, dps and tanks, you have faster queue from time to time.

Deleted
    What's the alternative?
    Hunts? Fate grind?

You mix it, but fates are probably the fastest and easiest.
    and we were talking about the 1st character, which has side quests too.
    If you get flying first, they ain't that bad in terms of xp/h.
    Some are actually fun to read too and some...are not.

Either way, without the rested bonus, I wouldn't even lift my finger now.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-10-05 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    As I usually main healing, I'll be levelling Scholar to 60 (currently 51) as my next project. It'll be dreadful, but at least I can queue for dps if the healing queues are longer. Yes, dps and tanks, you have faster queue from time to time.
    Yeah, sometimes the healer queues can be quite long. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Done this couple times now, could almost hear the dungeon bosses yelling their lines in sleep.. too many runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    None is doing Hinterlands, at least not on Phoenix (of course EU). Sometimes I see some groups for Churning Mists, although it has become quite rare that even.
    Northern Thanalan (more precisely the area around Ceruleum Processing Plant) are more active than ever. Even with people at 55+, which I cannot fathom why.
    I praise flight. Hadn't it been for flight, the Fate laps on the Dravianian landscapes would get completely empty.

Might be something about the servers, though. Data server transfers in two weeks, folks! No longer shall we be slaves to NA, we shall now become slaves to EU instead!
    Actually pretty weird they hadn't done it earlier. They knew the data servers were in NA, yet did nothing about it for the EU people/players.

Although Oceania is still linked up to the Japanese data servers. Yike. You just have to hope they aren't too scared to create a data server in the home country of the Aussies.
    And I think I should link this, while we're into healers.

"MMORPG Healers Anime Standards/Dream"
    and
    "Reality of MMORPG Healers"
    (Shamelessly stolen from another topic in this sub-forum, although it estimated from Tumblr)

- - - Updated - - -

I stay true with the reality of MMORPG healers. The most important role, unseen by tanks and dps, unless shown healing meters.
    Oh, and I love TheHiveLeader's guide to MMO healing. Also features some aspects of FFXIV (although this was during 2013)
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2015-10-05 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that vid is funny, if it's the one I remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I was trying to level my archer this weekend, and man, have I been spoiled by tank queues. How do dps people do this?! Waiting sucks lol.

From now on, when I'm on my tank, I will no longer gripe when someone wants a full run because I've realized that they deserve the full amount of xp in a dungeon for waiting that long (although sometimes they WANT a fast run).

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    I was trying to level my archer this weekend, and man, have I been spoiled by tank queues. How do dps people do this?! Waiting sucks lol.

From now on, when I'm on my tank, I will no longer gripe when someone wants a full run because I've realized that they deserve the full amount of xp in a dungeon for waiting that long (although sometimes they WANT a fast run).
    I usually deal with it by reading a book or playing another game or watching a show on my second monitor.

10+ Year Old Account

*chuckles* One of the main reason why I hate playing as DPS. It was okay back in the day when my Tank buddy was still playing but now, when I am alone... waiting sucks.

If I see 2+ non scaled people in a leveling dungeon I usually do a full run.

In WoW I queue for LFR, see the 1h+ queue and unqueue + close the game immediately. Still didn't kill Archimonde. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I usually deal with it by reading a book or playing another game or watching a show on my second monitor.
    In FF, crafting is your queue entertaining friend.

In FF, crafting is your queue entertaining friend.
    In FF, I can not stand crafting. I really like the system, it's great, I really do love it. It's just not for me. I would rather read a book than craft.

I have a RL friend who has them all maxed out anyway, so I just abuse him when I need stuff.

It's a bit quieter than usual at the moment due to 3.1 not being due to launch until next month. It's not so bad on Balmung, at least - but during European hours I do end up waiting in a queue as DPS for longer than I'd like.

Deleted
    So I did A1S today with the most awesome group ever!
    We even fucked up a bomb at some point and miraculously made a last second recovery!
    Shit was intense :P
    I know its not the hardest of the savage floors but it's still a bit of a challenge for the average player! The dps is tuned pretty tight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I hate being queued up to someone that flaunts their epeen even more obvious they make it well... obvious they use a dps meter to show it. It's great you do a lot of dps, when all you do is focus on the boss and not the adds, congrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta pad them meters Remilia, nothing else matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Same! Thankfully I also have my xbox 360/ps2 in my room so I can just turn around and play Dragon Age or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne while waiting.

@Anzaman: what were you queueing for? O.O I've never had queues that long while leveling, as healer.