Outfit

Give me
    I WANT IT. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Maid
    Outfit

Give me
    I WANT IT. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.
    It better or else. Me and my friends are already scheming to put together a maid cafe.

MOOGLE BEAST TRIBE DAILIES I CALLED IT!!!
    Can you not give them ideas please.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-03-27 at 02:12 AM.

So just had the worst goddamn ACRF group ever. All 200 plus but ofc 180 synced. They wiped on Ascian like they ate everything and didn't take a black hole so the tank died because the healer was getting hit by constant paralysis. Like seriously how can you wipe on that? New player I understand learning and all but these were 200 geared plus players. Anyway rant over.

15+ Year Old Account
    ACRF? ._.

Also people get stupid, they think that they can ignore mechanics because they're overgeared. First boss of Labyrinth confirmed this each and every time.

I think he means the main story dungeon with the Ascian at the end. Love that fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Aetherochemical Research Facility...silly youngins and their acronyms. *shakes cane*

Anyone have screens of the concept for the new GC gear? I want to show a friend the super piratey looking Maelstrom set and couldn't find anything on reddit.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I definitely agree on that.
    Imho WoW streamlined too much.

But I very much would like the whole projection system to be less cumbersome. Being able to craft from a Retainers inventory anywhere in the world would alleviate some of that.
    Glamour "bag" like the crystal "bag". Problem solved.

Not really. It's like ... 4 clicks more if you really want a crack at it.
    I'd say it's actually easier to control the market now, because you pick the bracket that has the highest #sold*profit/week, depending on the profit margin and can safely ignore the rest.

@No addons because of console: Biiig surprise. *chuckles* Saw that one coming 3 miles out.
    It's still more work to monitor 5 markets compared to one. This game doesn't have addons, so it's all manual.

As for addons as a whole, I don't blame Sony. If the PS4 gets hacked, that's bad PR all around. Developers will complain. Users will complain when Sony eventually patches it. After the fallout from the PS3 Geohotz case, it's not worth it from their perspective. Better to keep the console completely locked down - i.e. OtherOS like experiments will never happen again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/...uture-updates/

Not sure if posted yet, but tons of info about upcoming stuff.

Do like. A lot.

About damn time.

Still no Carbies for SMN ... ;_; (Yes, I will QQ like a bitch until it comes out. )
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

The team would like to hear feedback on the official forums about possibly introducing the themed clothing offered on the Chinese servers.
    WHERE DO I SIGN?!

Those outfits are gorgeous. Must have.
    The team has been looking into creating equipment inspired by Vagrant Story, but the original design shows the top of the character’s butt from the back. While on PS2 that wasn’t much of an issue, but with the visual quality of PS4, designers are worried that that kind of visual might not be the best.
    Noooooooooo!!! How is that visual not obviously the best? I'm sure anyone who was offended by man ass has since been desensitized by all the fabulous manroes strutting about in their bondage outfits.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2016-03-27 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Oh, Aetherochemical Research Facility...silly youngins and their acronyms. *shakes cane*
    *chuckles*
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Glamour "bag" like the crystal "bag". Problem solved.
    Well, keep in mind that they want us to run out of space so they can sell us additional retainers for $$$.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK, I discovered they added a new robe,

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...m/82c2efcbc2e/

I heard it comes from newbie training instances ... how do I get one as a vet?

Well, keep in mind that they want us to run out of space so they can sell us additional retainers for $$$.
    Prisms aren't that great a way to do that though.

Most just people buy/create them as needed ... JIT manufacturing at it's finest.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

OK, I discovered they added a new robe,

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...m/82c2efcbc2e/

I heard it comes from newbie training instances ... how do I get one as a vet?

Prisms aren't that great a way to do that though.

Most just people buy/create them as needed ... JIT manufacturing at it's finest.
    You can still do Hall of the Novice as a vet. Anyone can it's just there for new players primarily. Do all of your challenges though because when you finish the final one you get a 30% xp buff ring that lasts from 1-30. Since you are after the robe Ima assume DPS and there is only 7 challenges. Think it's 6 or 9 for healer can't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just keep empty ones + crafting mats.
    Since I have all crafters at max, no need to buy. :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You can still do Hall of the Novice as a vet. Anyone can it's just there for new players primarily. Do all of your challenges though because when you finish the final one you get a 30% xp buff ring that lasts from 1-30. Since you are after the robe Ima assume DPS and there is only 7 challenges. Think it's 6 or 9 for healer can't remember.
    OK found it. Will probably hold off doing anything until I free up some bag space ...

- - - Updated - - -

I just keep empty ones + crafting mats.
    Since I have all crafters at max, no need to buy. :P
    Same. But I only keep empty prisms because leveling and dungeons gave me so many ...

Deleted
    No addons cause of console peasantry... I feared this would be confirmed one day.
    Right alongside the 2.5 gcd and the server refreshing at such low rates.

I personally don't mind that they're not enabling addons. The only one I'd ever care about in this game is a DPS meter and even that is whatever. I find the games built in UI already does a pretty good job at being very customizable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally every stinkin' class & job to 60. Also, for some odd reason, for the past few days chain queuing and stuff on MNK (last one and NOW AT 60), I've met tons of Ice Mages, combo-breaking DRGs (and others using combo) and when the tank pull in packs; 0 AoE.

And I'll jump on the bandwagon for having some kind of a dps meter, besides ACT (which I do not know how to install), as I'd love to see if I can manage to do comparable damage in accordance to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not that they're against addons, but that certain addons will not be allowed from what I remember they said. Things like parsers if I remember correctly are one of the things that they're not going to allow due to people abusing them (hur dur let's relink recount every fight) kind of thing. It'll be heavily restricted to only certain things.
    As long as I can fix my UI to not be the train wreck it currently is, I'll be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

As for addons as a whole, I don't blame Sony. If the PS4 gets hacked, that's bad PR all around. Developers will complain. Users will complain when Sony eventually patches it. After the fallout from the PS3 Geohotz case, it's not worth it from their perspective. Better to keep the console completely locked down - i.e. OtherOS like experiments will never happen again.
    Unless the people creating the addon system are complete idiots, "hacking" wouldn't be an issue in the first place.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Unless the people creating the addon system are complete idiots, "hacking" wouldn't be an issue in the first place.
    Easier said than done. Look at how much trouble Blizzard has with "taint". Software will have bugs. Software that is updated as frequently as MMOs are guaranteed to have bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easier said than done. Look at how much trouble Blizzard has with "taint". Software will have bugs. Software that is updated as frequently as MMOs are guaranteed to have bugs.
    "Taint" isn't the same as hacking. The "taint" I'm familiar with is due to how they lock down their party frames in combat to, yes, prevent exploits.

But the kind of exploits we see right now in FFXIV have nothing to do with how a properly designed addon system SHOULD work. They're more akin to the botting/exploit programs people run now in WoW, which have nothing to do with addons.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama